Trumps Mideast Allies Duck Iran Confrontation

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
For years, they urged America to take a harder line on Iran, dissed its decision to ink a nuclear deal with Tehran and cheered when a tough-talking Donald Trump won the presidency. Now, America’s closest Middle East allies are practically ducking for cover. Gulf Arab states and Israel were expressing second thoughts about what they’d helped unleash.

Saudi officials called for “restraint” to avoid “aggravating the situation.” The United Arab Emirates stressed “the importance of dialogue and political solutions.” Even Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who publicly praised Trump’s decision to take out Soleimani, privately told aides that the killing “isn’t an Israeli event but an American event” according to Israeli media accounts. "We were not involved and should not be dragged into it."

Trump's Mideast allies duck Iran confrontation

Our friends

When the leader of the world’s most powerful nation is crazy, it makes good sense to duck for cover. He might drone you next.

When the leader of the world’s most powerful nation is crazy, it makes good sense to duck for cover. He might drone you next.

Obama is no longer in office letting terrorists run free!
Thank god Ears is gone, but sadly his replacement might be even worse.

Yes Trump is against terrorists running free like Obama, I can understand why you would think he would be worse! He will actually have to clean up the Obama mess!

Yes Trump is against terrorists running free like Obama, I can understand why you would think he would be worse! He will actually have to clean up the Obama mess!
Dumb.

It was totally immoral and outside international law to murder the general.

If he was such a bad guy (a poster here referred to him as another Hitler, yet Americans never heard of him before this), arrest him at the airport and send him to The Hague for trial. That would have been the moral thing to do.

A state Arbitrarily murdering someone is immoral.

Dumb.

If he was such a bad guy (a poster here referred to him as another Hitler, yet Americans never heard of him before this), arrest him at the airport and send him to The Hague for trial. That would have been the moral thing to do.

I do not think letting terrorist run free like Obama was a good thing!

It has to be dealt with, like it or not!

So I can understand why you would see this as a bad thing!

What confrontation, we killed their top general and Iran did jack shit about it. :itsok:

This is how the entire middle east confrontation should have gone.

Trump delivered again... but Obama has yet to deliver his peace prize to the rightful owner - president Trump.

Dumb.

You want our corrupt government to have the power to murder anyone they label a terrorist. I don’t suppose you see the apparent problem with this.

Dumb.

You want our corrupt government to have the power to murder anyone they label a terrorist. I don’t suppose you see the apparent problem with this.

Since Obama used a drone to kill an American citizen government seems to think it can do anything it wants.

Dumb.

Since Obama used a drone to kill an American citizen government seems to think it can do anything it wants.
That’s right and amazingly many Americans don’t see the danger in this.

Dumb.

Obama already did that and did away with due process so he could kill Americans and the far left was silent!

Dumb.

When the Russians murdered a former Russian spy on British soil, the entire Western world sanctioned them for doing so. What Donnie did was WORSE. The former Russian spy wasn’t a top ranking British official.

I suppose you’d be OK if Gina Haskel were to be murdered in France by ISIS because she ran operations against ISIS, too.

Dumb.

When the Russians murdered a former Russian spy on British soil, the entire Western world sanctioned them for doing so. What Donnie did was WORSE. The former Russian spy wasn’t a top ranking British official.

I suppose you’d be OK if Gina Haskel were to be murdered in France by ISIS because she ran operations against ISIS, too.

Oh please Obama killed Kaddafi the leader of a nation and you people cheered.

Dumb.

Yes we know the far left is upset that Trump will go after the terrorists that Obama allowed to run loose.

Trump took out ISIS and it upsets many on the far left as well as Iran!

I

Dumb.

Obama already did that and did away with due process so he could kill Americans and the far left was silent!
I wasn’t silent. I’m not on the far left. Stop thinking like a simpleton. Stop thinking in a binary nature.

I voted for Dumb Don hoping his nonintervention pronouncements weren’t lies.

Dumb.

Oh please Obama killed Kaddafi the leader of a nation and you people cheered.

Well he did follow the lead of France during his illegal war in Libya!

Forum List

Back