Trumps letter of exoneration

I don’t think it was a slip, if he said it, which wouldn’t surprise me if he did, he did it as another one of his bullshit games. I’m just tired of all the bullshit and dishonesty in our politics. It’s bad enough as it was but now Trump is taking it to another level and being almost flamboyant about it. And then there his supporters that just make excuses and enable. We should all be demanding better.

I know he maybe progressing your agenda so it’s easy to ignore all that stuff or laugh it off, but he isn’t an entertainer or pop personality anymore. He is our president and the trust is broken with so many of our people. It’s not a good situation.
No, the biggest factor why we like him, yes we love the agenda, but the biggest thing is for him to challenge the norms in language. I grew up when saying the N word was impolite but not a career killer or any ethnic joke, people could still laugh, you know freedom, and now we live in an era where we can not discuss issues honestly because if we state the wrong opinion (true or false) then people get the SJW mob and lose jobs and other things. It's not good. So to me the best thing Trump has done is expose how thin skinned and emotional people are.

Remember Holder saying we need to talk about race, a true statement, but you can't if there is a chilling environment. You could say that about climate change, sex misconduct, and many other issues.
Its a fair point, but I don't think you get there by being over the top vulgar and insulting. You can't honestly want to bring by the N word and be able to laugh about it do you? I don't think thats what you were saying but I want to be clear.

I agree that we are too thin skinned and the PC movement has gone too far in many areas. But why can't we teach toughness in conjunction with sensitivity, awareness, and empathy? I don't think it needs to be all or nothing on either side. Take somebody like Bill Maher, he is a wingnut lefty but he also has a war against political correctness and pushes the line in many areas. This isn't a Left/Right thing, I think people on both sides want a more free and honest conversation. I just don't think going polar extreme on the anti-PC side is a smart solution.

the point is I don't think saying something should immediately put you in a category. It should be the thought and the context. If you say the N word singing a song....it's not the same as a joke and not the same as being hateful.......my point is this rush to punish people for saying things is really really bad and leads to division and people not talking and being open in discussion.

For eample, gun deaths.....in the inne rcities you have gun bans, while in rural America you have hunters and gun nuts with tons of guns, but most killings are in the inner city. You have to start being serious about how to fix the issue, it's not gun control. It's culture and really bad policies in the inner cities. it's a huge discussion but that's just a small start of it. But the main point is if you cant say most murders are in the inner cities without being called a racist, you cant fix the issue.
Also, there is a way that white people can say the N word and not be crucified for it... see video

I use the N word, because it's the most glaring example, but it's all the speech. People need to chill. Actions not words tell the story. A guy gets mad says the N word is not the same as someone who doesn't use that word, but wont let blacks into his shop.
I like free speech, even if you call me names, to me hitler is worse than the N word......but it's just me.
You would not use the word casually on the streets of Jasper, Texas.

No, the biggest factor why we like him, yes we love the agenda, but the biggest thing is for him to challenge the norms in language. I grew up when saying the N word was impolite but not a career killer or any ethnic joke, people could still laugh, you know freedom, and now we live in an era where we can not discuss issues honestly because if we state the wrong opinion (true or false) then people get the SJW mob and lose jobs and other things. It's not good. So to me the best thing Trump has done is expose how thin skinned and emotional people are.

Remember Holder saying we need to talk about race, a true statement, but you can't if there is a chilling environment. You could say that about climate change, sex misconduct, and many other issues.
Its a fair point, but I don't think you get there by being over the top vulgar and insulting. You can't honestly want to bring by the N word and be able to laugh about it do you? I don't think thats what you were saying but I want to be clear.

I agree that we are too thin skinned and the PC movement has gone too far in many areas. But why can't we teach toughness in conjunction with sensitivity, awareness, and empathy? I don't think it needs to be all or nothing on either side. Take somebody like Bill Maher, he is a wingnut lefty but he also has a war against political correctness and pushes the line in many areas. This isn't a Left/Right thing, I think people on both sides want a more free and honest conversation. I just don't think going polar extreme on the anti-PC side is a smart solution.

the point is I don't think saying something should immediately put you in a category. It should be the thought and the context. If you say the N word singing a song....it's not the same as a joke and not the same as being hateful.......my point is this rush to punish people for saying things is really really bad and leads to division and people not talking and being open in discussion.

For eample, gun deaths.....in the inne rcities you have gun bans, while in rural America you have hunters and gun nuts with tons of guns, but most killings are in the inner city. You have to start being serious about how to fix the issue, it's not gun control. It's culture and really bad policies in the inner cities. it's a huge discussion but that's just a small start of it. But the main point is if you cant say most murders are in the inner cities without being called a racist, you cant fix the issue.
Also, there is a way that white people can say the N word and not be crucified for it... see video

I use the N word, because it's the most glaring example, but it's all the speech. People need to chill. Actions not words tell the story. A guy gets mad says the N word is not the same as someone who doesn't use that word, but wont let blacks into his shop.
I like free speech, even if you call me names, to me hitler is worse than the N word......but it's just me.

You are looking at it from your eyes and how you feel if somebody call you a name but not everybody sees, reacts or feels things the same way that you do. You can't expect everybody to feel the same way that you do but you can try and consider the fact that they do feel offended, threatened, demeaned, embarrassed or whatever else it may be. We all have our own different soft spots. I don't think calling people snowflakes or pussies is really going to get us anywhere productive

the point is, people can interpret anything the way they want to, its not my fault if they don't have mental toughness or are able to ignore a few insults. It's why Trump is so effective. if he's having a bad day, he just says something offensive and outrageous on twitter then the conversation is that and he resets the agenda.....it's masterful and republicans before wouldn't have a clue, he manipulates them like a puppetmaster.

I live in Memphis, TN, I have black friends, most are not republicans, but they call me the N word sometimes as a term of endearment and while I do not use to word to piss them off, they have seen me use it on people who deserve it and I get the pass bro......you don't really know much Jakey, you probably don't know any black folk, you've got the white man burden syndrome(we call it white liberal guilt)

You are looking at it from your eyes and how you feel if somebody call you a name but not everybody sees, reacts or feels things the same way that you do. You can't expect everybody to feel the same way that you do but you can try and consider the fact that they do feel offended, threatened, demeaned, embarrassed or whatever else it may be. We all have our own different soft spots. I don't think calling people snowflakes or pussies is really going to get us anywhere productive

the point is, people can interpret anything the way they want to, its not my fault if they don't have mental toughness or are able to ignore a few insults. It's why Trump is so effective. if he's having a bad day, he just says something offensive and outrageous on twitter then the conversation is that and he resets the agenda.....it's masterful and republicans before wouldn't have a clue, he manipulates them like a puppetmaster.

I guess the difference between you and I is you admire and respect those actions from our leader while I don’t. I expect better. #GoldenRule

I live in Memphis, TN, I have black friends, most are not republicans, but they call me the N word sometimes as a term of endearment and while I do not use to word to piss them off, they have seen me use it on people who deserve it and I get the pass bro......you don't really know much Jakey, you probably don't know any black folk, you've got the white man burden syndrome(we call it white liberal guilt)
I am sure I have known many more than you in all and been friends with many more than you. You do not understand blacks in the slightest. You are so trying to deny your white privilege it gives the aware reader the giggles.

You dodged. You would use that word only once on the streets of Jasper in public.

Forum List

Back