Trump's Interesting Interview with Hannity.

Well, how did we end World War II?

I would fully support using the same means. Drop a bomb on them. Drop a bomb which raises the ambient temperature a few million degrees in a millisecond.

Yes, I'm fully aware that we would never do that again. But I would support it, simply because they've proven that they can't be beaten with conventional warfare...

If we were to go as far as dropping the bomb on anybody, it should be China. What they did to us is far worse than what the Taliban did in spite of how serious it was.

Where is AWOL Joe? When is he gonna answer some questions?
He was wandering around the White House grounds just before the Afghanistan mess exploded
in Joe's face. Secret Service agents tried to get him indoors but he ignored them.

Joe checks out when he's needed most.

Biden moved against their advice, that's what happened to them.

Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) said President Biden directly ignored the advice of military leaders during briefings on the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan.

"I was in a number of these briefings over the last couple months, it was pretty obvious to me what was going to happen," McConnell said Monday. "I know for a fact that the president's military leaders argued against this decision. I think the president himself felt strongly about this and overruled his own military leaders to do it, and he owns it."

“ This group couldn’t organize a two car funeral.”

By looking at them…that much is obvious too.

Trump said some interesting things in last night's interview with Sean Hannity.

Specifically, it has to do with the Afghan military and the Taliban.

Trump recounted:

I have no reason to doubt Trump. If true, which I suspect it is, then he is absolutely right. If you are bribing your allies to fight, then they are nothing more than mercenaries. They have no loyalty to the cause and will flee as soon as the paychecks stop coming in.

It explains in some part the sudden collapse of the Afghan military.

Trump went on about the Taliban leadership:

Interesting that Trump admitted he got along better with the Taliban than our Afghans allies. Kind of reminds me how Trump got along better with Putin than Merkel for instance. However, I don't disagree that the Afghan leadership was corrupt. The question is why didn't he deal with that corruption, but by that point there was little, Trump or any president for that matter, could do about it anyway.

Trump went on:

So, Trump himself is acknowledging the reality of Afghanistan and the poor choices we faced there.

From the NY Post:

So in other words, here is a tacit acknowledgement that a Taliban takeover of Afghanistan was inevitable after the US withdraws. If not, why would Trump threaten them with massive retaliation if our country was hit by a terrorist attack. I don't disagree with Trump there, I agree with him that he should have warned the Taliban of the ramifications of any attack on the US.

I am not bashing Trump in this thread because many of the points, not all, he makes I agree with.

For a man with access to intelligence and historical information, he sure talks like he is a low information FOX News viewer.

Trump said some interesting things in last night's interview with Sean Hannity.

Specifically, it has to do with the Afghan military and the Taliban.

Trump recounted:

I have no reason to doubt Trump. If true, which I suspect it is, then he is absolutely right. If you are bribing your allies to fight, then they are nothing more than mercenaries. They have no loyalty to the cause and will flee as soon as the paychecks stop coming in.

It explains in some part the sudden collapse of the Afghan military.

Trump went on about the Taliban leadership:

Interesting that Trump admitted he got along better with the Taliban than our Afghans allies. Kind of reminds me how Trump got along better with Putin than Merkel for instance. However, I don't disagree that the Afghan leadership was corrupt. The question is why didn't he deal with that corruption, but by that point there was little, Trump or any president for that matter, could do about it anyway.

Trump went on:

So, Trump himself is acknowledging the reality of Afghanistan and the poor choices we faced there.

From the NY Post:

So in other words, here is a tacit acknowledgement that a Taliban takeover of Afghanistan was inevitable after the US withdraws. If not, why would Trump threaten them with massive retaliation if our country was hit by a terrorist attack. I don't disagree with Trump there, I agree with him that he should have warned the Taliban of the ramifications of any attack on the US.

I am not bashing Trump in this thread because many of the points, not all, he makes I agree with.

I discount anything he says, because he's purely about self-interest. But thanks for the link.

No I don't, so don't be fucking stupid. We won the Gulf War. I know. I was there.

I do, however, have to go back that far to find a war which we won in that manner that we won World War II. We obliterated our enemies to the point where their only option was unconditional surrender...
So now your for mass murdering civilians. Total war is a war crime.

So now your for mass murdering civilians. Total war is a war crime.
I'm not in favor it mass murdering civilians. I'm in favor of ending wars. It would be naive to believe that can happen without casualties and collateral damage.

It's definitely not the preferred way to go.

The outcome is pretty much guaranteed, though...

I discount anything he says, because he's purely about self-interest. But thanks for the link.
That's purely your own perception, but having said that, how do you feel about a politician of great power
who should step down, based on what he's done in Afghanistan and his utter lack of mental stability?
But who will not do so.

That's purely your own perception, but having said that, how do you feel about a politician of great power
who should step down, based on what he's done in Afghanistan and his utter lack of mental stability?
But who will not do so.
Imo Biden's done the right thing, and I have no problem with Trump's trying to pull out earlier ... except for his nixed photo op with Taliban at Camp David.

I'm not in favor it mass murdering civilians. I'm in favor of ending wars. It would be naive to believe that can happen without casualties and collateral damage.

It's definitely not the preferred way to go.

The outcome is pretty much guaranteed, though...
Silly. You just admitted you’re fine with mass murdering civilians, if it ends wars. Still a war crime!

Imo Biden's done the right thing, and I have no problem with Trump's trying to pull out earlier ... except for his nixed photo op with Taliban at Camp David.
I hope you meant to say leaving Afghanistan was the right thing for Joe to do, but his actual
withdrawal countered all the expert advice he got and made a total cluster fuck of the matter.

No one thinks leaving was wrong. It's how you leave that is grinding almost everyone's gears.

I hope you meant to say leaving Afghanistan was the right thing for Joe to do, but his actual
withdrawal countered all the expert advice he got and made a total cluster fuck of the matter.

No one thinks leaving was wrong. It's how you leave that is grinding almost everyone's gears.
Yes I'm sure the Afghan army would have continued to bleed out with increasing volumn as our civilians and troops got on planes.

(I am surprised the US military and SoS didn't make sure the civilians were long gone, even before embassy and support staff were evacuated)

So in other words, here is a tacit acknowledgement that a Taliban takeover of Afghanistan was inevitable after the US withdraws
Granted they're going to have some kind of government in the power vacuum left by the withdrawal of U.S. troops. Call it Taliban, Mujahideen, whatever, but you'd better start learning Islamic Law fast if you're an EFFing Democrat lawyer or paralegal posting on a forum somewhere.

Silly. You just admitted you’re fine with mass murdering civilians, if it ends wars. Still a war crime!

This country doesn't have the will to do what we did in 1945.

Yes, civilians will be killed.

But at least it will be their civilians as opposed to ours...

Yes I'm sure the Afghan army would have continued to bleed out with increasing volumn as our civilians and troops got on planes.

(I am surprised the US military and SoS didn't make sure the civilians were long gone, even before embassy and support staff were evacuated)
Yes. That's sort of why I called Mentally Diminished Joe's handling of the Afghanistan withdrawal an epic
cluster fuck of historic proportions.

There were all sorts of plans in place to withdraw Americans and specific Afghanis but apparently those plans were ignored totally.
Only Joe and Kamala, who claimed to be the last person in the room with Joe, know why.

Well, such an order would've come from the Commander In Chief and, well, Biden...

Forum List

Back