Trump's GDP Growth as bad as Obama's

What happened to that "over 3%" crap?

News Release: Gross Domestic Product

The latest estimate is 2.6% for average GDP growth.

Average of Real GDP and Real GDI … 2.9 2.6

You're reading this all wrong.. The INCREASE you're citing is a PERCENTAGE increase -- quarter to quarter.

NOT the actual GDP numbers for those quarters. Did you wreck that YOURSELF -- or get this bad advice from math/econ illiterate partisan talking points??

• Banned

You're reading this all wrong.. The INCREASE you're citing is a PERCENTAGE increase -- quarter to quarter.

NOT the actual GDP numbers for those quarters. Did you wreck that YOURSELF -- or get this bad advice from math/econ illiterate partisan talking points??
No I'm not, I quoted the exact annual estimate based on final 3rd quarter at that time.

The 3rd quarter is over 3% itself. But the whole average will come out to now estimated about 2.7% final.

• Banned
Actually, what you say makes no sense at all anyway.

You're claiming I'm quoting a percentage increase but not the actual numbers themselves? Are you claiming I'm quoting a Quarterly percentage increase? If that's the case, then 2.6% is REALLY bad.

Are you claiming I'm quoting a percentage by which the percent increased? LOL

Actually, what you say makes no sense at all anyway.

You're claiming I'm quoting a percentage increase but not the actual numbers themselves? Are you claiming I'm quoting a Quarterly percentage increase? If that's the case, then 2.6% is REALLY bad.

Are you claiming I'm quoting a percentage by which the percent increased? LOL

No -- you're finding numbers that suit you and CLAIMING the GDP number is somehow changed.. It's not. The Average with GDI -- DOES NOT CHANGE the GDP numbers. -- PERIOD..

Real gross domestic income (GDI)
increased 2.0 percent in the third quarter, compared with an increase
of 2.3 percent in the second. The average of real GDP and real GDI, a supplemental measure of U.S. economic activity that equally weights GDP and GDI, increased 2.6 percent in the third quarter,
compared with an increase of 2.7 percent in the second quarter (table 1).

Dumbocrats aren't very good in math, because of common core. 1 + 1 to them equals 3. But hey, in common core, they get an average for trying....

Anything under 3% is a failure for Trump, as the economy he inherited was doing so well
Yeah Obama's economic recover was so good, that liberals are still bitching about JOBS(Joe Biden's 3 letter word).

immutable-truth-head-up-ass-buried-rectal-cranial-inversion-politics-1314793503.jpg

A few things to consider.

Year one is basically clean up from the other admin. In this case, there was a great deal to clean up. You would need a team of janitors with mops and shop vacs to make a dent.

The tax cut hasn't even taken place yet, Apple alone is expected to bring back $200 BILLION, there will be north of at least a trillion back into the economy, taxed at 15%, with the remaining apparently in the past of which 30% is directly invested in the business operatio, 70% back to shareholders. I predict, with a booming economy different than in 2004 when this last happened, the number could be 60-40 or even better. Just a lark.

All the cost savings of regulation cuts will be realized also.

Wages. Huge deal. We are hearing over a million Wal Mart employees will see a benefit, we are hearing many more companies getting raises and bonuses, this means more money to be spent in the economy. Helping businesses of all sizes.

Finally, trade deals. They will be better for American, or they won't exist. If they dont exist, this means tariffs, which will not have nearly the harm to consumers as peopel try and suggest, I made the argument for the reasons why before.

You will see 4%+ growth in 2018, 5%+ growth if America walks away from NAFTA

God Bless America! Get 'er done Trump!

It never was 3%+. The figures cited were quarterly figures, not annualized ones. Of course, Trump and his cabal probably knew that, but they also likely knew their sycophants weren't going to bother checking.

Anything under 3% is a failure for Trump, as the economy he inherited was doing so well
Yeah Obama's economic recover was so good, that liberals are still bitching about JOBS(Joe Biden's 3 letter word).

View attachment 171114
Jobs? PSH! Look at the U6 numbers, sheep

The U6 has been dropping like every other measure of unemployment. It reached a high in the 17% range and is now down in the 8% range.

View attachment 171114

The U6 has been dropping like every other measure of unemployment. It reached a high in the 17% range and is now down in the 8% range.
Dropping my ass. 95.5 million out of the work force and counting!

View attachment 171114

If you go to the gym then your ass will not drop. Just takes a little effort.

As for the U6 (since you brought it up)

upload_2018-1-11_15-48-43.png

View attachment 171114

Now, if you are speaking of the Labor Force Participation rate, then yes that did drop for a while, but it has now leveled off and is still well above historical norms.

A lower Labor Force Participation rate can signal a strong economy as there are people that feel they are well off enough to retire or only have one parent working.

upload_2018-1-11_15-54-52.png

No one has claimed Trump has greater than 3% for 2017, dumbass. The claim is that he is ontrack to have 4 consecutive quarters that will average over 3% GDP growth. So far he has two consective quarters with over 3% growth. The final quarter of 2017 will be close to 4%.

The article is basically a sleazy assed snowflake lie because it mischaracterizes the claim.

No one has claimed Trump has greater than 3% for 2017, dumbass. The claim is that he is ontrack to have 4 consecutive quarters that will average over 3% GDP growth. So far he has two consective quarters with over 3% growth. The final quarter of 2017 will be close to 4%.

The article is basically a sleazy assed snowflake lie because it mischaracterizes the claim.
Yeah adjust the goal posts whenever Trump fails and try to pass his diarrhea as a victory. What a strategy.

Yeah adjust the goal posts whenever Trump fails and try to pass his diarrhea as a victory. What a strategy.
Correcting your strawman fallacy is not "adjusting the goal posts," douchebag.

Forum List

Back