Trumps Executive order Fu+ks People with Pre-Existing Conditions

Discussion in 'ObamaCare' started by Eaglewings, Oct 12, 2017.

1. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,487
    You wrote "You cannot force insurers to cover states they don't want to do business in PERIOD"
    Wow how brilliant!
    You also wrote: the States no longer control health care in this country.
    Really? If that is the case then you'd better inform these people...National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)

See your writing in "hyperbolic" terms like "no longer",etc. tends to make me doubt your ability to share an informed opinion. Just saying, you shouldn't make such definitive statements at least without "sourcing" these statements as it belittles your "experience"???

2. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,390
    It's not people getting rich illicitly that bothers me most (though that will undoubtedly happen). It's centralizing control of the nation's health care. Both government and corporate interests want to see this - albeit for different reasons. And when corporate and government interests align, you can bet citizens will "take one for the team".

3. debbiedowner

debbiedowner Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,884
    Last I looked the constitution give the congress the right to pass legislation and ACA is legislation.

Have to edit: No legislation was not passed for the cost share reductions.

4. oreo

oreo Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,236

Look no one liked Obamacare--including myself. As as small business owner, I too was forced onto Obamacare and I went kicking & screaming. I don't get subsidized insurance--I pay the full price. I didn't like the mandates in Obamacare--pre-natal, drug and alcohol coverage which everyone is forced to pay for--there are no options in Obamacare--except the price and the deductible. It's a Nationwide "group" insurance policy.

But it was Republicans that campaigned on repealing/replacing Obamacare for 7 long years. They have the Presidency and both houses of congress and couldn't get it done. They came up with the worst POS bill--that would have skyrocked premiums on 50 years and older, and God forbid you have any preexisting conditions--you would have had to mortgage your house to pay medical insurance premiums. Here is an add from AARP on this. Watch it.
    AARP ad says House GOP health care bill would boost insurance rates for older Americans

John Boehner, former house speaker stated: That Republicans never agree on Health care, and that all the campaign rhetoric of replace/repeal was nothiing more than wildly optimistic happy talk for the campaign season.
    Report: John Boehner says Obamacare won't be repealed and replaced

For the last 7 years Republicans, instead of actually working on a bill that could have replaced Obamacare they instead did this. Ted Cruz and his midget minions in the House continually used these tactics.

1. Threatened do defund Obamacare at every opportunity--leaving millions that were forced onto this plan without insurance overnight.
    2. Shut down the Government over Obamacare.
    3. Reading Green Eggs and Ham on the U.S. Senate floor over Obamacare.
    4. Sent up 30 house bills to repeal Obamacare with Obama sitting in the Oval office with a Veto pen.

Anyone with any basic knowledge of Civics knows that you can not executive order your way out of a legistative, approved and signed into law Federal Health Care Law. That's why Democrats aren't raising holy hell about Trump's executive order. It's bogus.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  5. dblack

dblack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,390
    Let's just say it was a "team effort". The Democrats and the Republicans have each done their part in selling out health care.

6. P@triot

P@triot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,912
    So if Congress passed legislation that eliminated the 1st Amendment and passed other legislation that said it was ok to kill muslims, you would declare that completely constitutional? :cuckoo:

(Psst....legislation passed by Congress must be constitutional. They do not have a blank check to do anything they want to do).