Trump's dragging us down

How much pain are you willing to take? China will take more
  • Data from the NFIB, America's largest small business association, showed that Main Street businesses are feeling the heat from Donald Trump's trade war with China.
  • Business optimism missed expectations, slipping 1.6 points to a five-month low of 103.1.
  • "Fewer owners said they expect better business conditions and real sales volumes in the coming months," NFIB said.
  • Uncertainty also grew in August, as Pantheon Macroeconomics said there had been a "downshift in business investment."
  • View Markets Insider's homepage for more stories.
America's small businesses are starting to feel the heat from Trump's trade war, as new data on Tuesday revealed that business optimism hit a five-month low in August.

Data from the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), a lobbying group, showed that business optimism among smaller businesses fell to 103.1 — a 1.6 point fall, signaling worries on Main Street.

Pantheon Macroeconomics said in an email that the main optimism figure was "dragged down by declines in expectations for the economy and business sales." Both measures fell significantly, by eight points and five points respectively, Pantheon said.

RELATED: Take a look at the products that could get slammed by Trump's trade war:

So what's your proposal , ed? Kiss the butt of Chairman Xi and the Red Chinese leaders? Have the Democratic candidates been speaking to Red China promising we will cave if they get in?

The OP is wrong.
America is taking in billions from China in the form of tariffs.
In fact, I don't understand why the tariffs aren't 100% or more...they could become the US' biggest money earner with the stroke of a pen.
The tariffs aren’t even enough to pay for the farmer bailout.

Why don't you libs complain to the Red Chinese over this? There is no reason why they can't buy American food.

The OP is wrong.
In fact, I don't understand why the tariffs aren't 100% or more...they could become the US' biggest money earner with the stroke of a pen.

Why don't you libs complain to the Red Chinese over this? There is no reason why they can't buy American food.
Trade war bro. Nobody wins.

The OP is wrong.

If the Red Chinese aren't winning, shouldn't they abandon the effort to hurt our President with farmers? That's interfering in our electoral process. I wonder if any of the Democrat nominees are in contact with Red China and trying to get their assistance? The Trump FBI should be trying to plant moles into the various campaigns and see if Sleepy Joe or Pocahontas can be tempted in a sting attempt.

might be a trade war , i'm rooting for the good guy TRUMP and the Americans to beat out the 'chinese' Brian .

Trump is not good at economic long term planning. Or keeping his businesses out of bankruptcy.

He just tries to makes as much money as possible, by legal or illegal means.

Or keeping his businesses out of bankruptcy.

How many businesses was his name connected to?

out of that number, how many bankruptcies?

The OP is wrong.
Because they are a tax on goods Americans buy....

I am not sure there will be a recession though, because I suspect Trump will fold on China and IP next month and thus settle the trade war. The damage is done already though because any a manufacturer is absorbing now, will not go down when/if a tariff is removed. Jobs leaving China are not coming back but just going to other Asian countries where the production costs are higher, and then so will the product costs be for Americans.

A slowing of the consumer spending. It can be offset with more deficits and lower rates which will not have the catastrophic consequences until our debt just becomes too high to service without cutting defense or soc sec..

Last edited:
The OP is wrong.

If the Red Chinese aren't winning, shouldn't they abandon the effort to hurt our President with farmers? That's interfering in our electoral process. I wonder if any of the Democrat nominees are in contact with Red China and trying to get their assistance? The Trump FBI should be trying to plant moles into the various campaigns and see if Sleepy Joe or Pocahontas can be tempted in a sting attempt.
Dems didn’t start the trade war.

might be a trade war , i'm rooting for the good guy TRUMP and the Americans to beat out the 'chinese' Brian .
What is winning? They stop sending us their resources for next to nothing? What a win.

The OP is wrong.

Red China did.

And if the Dems are in cahoots with the Red Chinese- who are trying to rig out elections- the people have the right to know and the FBI should be investigating, no?

Red China did.

And if the Dems are in cahoots with the Red Chinese- who are trying to rig out elections- the people have the right to know and the FBI should be investigating, no?
No, trump did.

The OP is wrong.

That's because they all have their oar in the water. Why do you think politicians get filthy rich while in office and fight and cheat to stay in office forever.

Have you noticed the increase in prices for all things for the home? From food to handrails to windows to heating. All of these things cost more and will cost even more in OCT. due to rumps ignorance of humanity.

Have we stared rationing gasoline, collecting old tires and tin cans for the war effort, and planting victory gardens yet?

I swear, you libs would be the first ones to wave the white flag and surrender, if this were 76 years ago. At some point between then and now, you've all seemed to have lost your balls.

Have you noticed the increase in prices for all things for the home? From food to handrails to windows to heating. All of these things cost more and will cost even more in OCT. due to rumps ignorance of humanity.

Actually, no I haven't. China has been reducing their prices to absorb the tariffs and remain competitive.

When Macy's and Penney's sell neckties made in Red China for $25, the customer isn't going to pay extra for them. Particularly when they are on the same table with Bangladeshi and Honduran neckties that aren't be slapped with a tariff.

The Red Chinese have no alternative but to subsidize them, and that's why they are pissed at Trump and trying to rig the election for the Dems.

How much pain are you willing to take? China will take more
  • Data from the NFIB, America's largest small business association, showed that Main Street businesses are feeling the heat from Donald Trump's trade war with China.
  • Business optimism missed expectations, slipping 1.6 points to a five-month low of 103.1.
  • "Fewer owners said they expect better business conditions and real sales volumes in the coming months," NFIB said.
  • Uncertainty also grew in August, as Pantheon Macroeconomics said there had been a "downshift in business investment."
  • View Markets Insider's homepage for more stories.
America's small businesses are starting to feel the heat from Trump's trade war, as new data on Tuesday revealed that business optimism hit a five-month low in August.

Data from the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), a lobbying group, showed that business optimism among smaller businesses fell to 103.1 — a 1.6 point fall, signaling worries on Main Street.

Pantheon Macroeconomics said in an email that the main optimism figure was "dragged down by declines in expectations for the economy and business sales." Both measures fell significantly, by eight points and five points respectively, Pantheon said.

RELATED: Take a look at the products that could get slammed by Trump's trade war:
Were you this weak as a younger man, or has time taken its toll?

I'll gladly spend more for luxuries, like big screen tv's, or do without if it means every American, who wants a job, makes a Living Wage.

I'll gladly spend more for luxuries, like big screen tv's, or do without if it means every American, who wants a job, makes a Living Wage.
I agree with you but the fact is prices are not rising at an unusual rate. That is just a Democratic fantasy.

Did not notice ANY of that. Some prices I saw dropped.

Forum List

Back