Trump's Appeal To Blacks Just Might Pay Off.

Nov 1, 2014
Idaho
A variety of pundits and news reporters have speculated on why blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat, usually 90-95% of the time and the answers are as variegated as they are complex, but I'm going to offer a very simple explanation.

DEMOCRATS ASK FOR THEIR VOTE AND REPUBLICANS DO NOT

Simple, isn't it? There is power in directly asking for someone's vote, which has become a lost art in politics. Candidates used to go door to door asking people for their vote and the reason it works is because of human nature. People want to know their vote is wanted, needed, cherished, and appreciated....personally. Modern politics resorts to honing the general campaign message to appeal to the broadest base of people, but people don't vote for tax plans or foreign policy experience. They vote for people.

And Republicans have foolishly written off the black vote and assume blacks will never vote for them. And blacks don't vote for Republicans because they don't think Republicans want or appreciate their vote. It's an endless paradox that Trump is seeking to break.

Trump's message is simple. "I want your vote. I'm going to give you better prospects for a brighter future than Democrats have for the last 50 years. Please vote for me."

And many more blacks will indeed vote for Donald Trump....simply because he asked them to.

I agree, it is a lost art...and it took a non politician to bring the practice back..

Ha ha ha ha ha .......no. He is channeling ignorant white anger, that stuff is a non-starter.

Yeah, blacks would be so much better off voting for a president who is overwhelmingly supported by the KKK and white supremacist groups. Sort of like Colonel Sanders asking the chickens to vote for him. What could possibly go wrong...

Yeah, blacks would be so much better off voting for a president who is overwhelmingly supported by the KKK and white supremacist groups. Sort of like Colonel Sanders asking the chickens to vote for him. What could possibly go wrong...
They voted for FDR, Truman, Stephenson, and Johnson...nothing new there. But cities are doing so well under all these democrats...oh wait the ones doing well are fun by fucking republicans...NYC will get another republican after the DeBlasio disaster for example

They voted for FDR, Truman, Stephenson, and Johnson...nothing new there. But cities are doing so well under all these democrats...oh wait the ones doing well are fun by fucking republicans...NYC will get another republican after the DeBlasio disaster for example

What cities are blacks doing so well under Republicans?

A variety of pundits and news reporters have speculated on why blacks overwhelmingly vote Democrat, usually 90-95% of the time and the answers are as variegated as they are complex, but I'm going to offer a very simple explanation.

Simple, isn't it? There is power in directly asking for someone's vote, which has become a lost art in politics. Candidates used to go door to door asking people for their vote and the reason it works is because of human nature. People want to know their vote is wanted, needed, cherished, and appreciated....personally. Modern politics resorts to honing the general campaign message to appeal to the broadest base of people, but people don't vote for tax plans or foreign policy experience. They vote for people.

And Republicans have foolishly written off the black vote and assume blacks will never vote for them. And blacks don't vote for Republicans because they don't think Republicans want or appreciate their vote. It's an endless paradox that Trump is seeking to break.

Trump's message is simple. "I want your vote. I'm going to give you better prospects for a brighter future than Democrats have for the last 50 years. Please vote for me."

And many more blacks will indeed vote for Donald Trump....simply because he asked them to.

Wishful thinking....and "NO" it won't work. For 30+ years the GOP has pushed for laws that enrich the 1% at the expense of the working class. If you think Donnie's little speech is going to turn that around, and cause African Americans to forget the last 3+ decades, you're living on another planet.

Charlotte- Just elected a democrat..but had a republican and is a very good city for blacks.
Miami-elected 2009.
San Diego--awesome for everyone.
NYC--Rudy cleaned it up and it's much better now...DeBlasio is trying to turn it into a dump
LA-did really well under Riordan

All of these have comparatively low levels of crime.

Wishful thinking....and "NO" it won't work. For 30+ years the GOP has pushed for laws that enrich the 1% at the expense of the working class. If you think Donnie's little speech is going to turn that around, and cause African Americans to forget the last 3+ decades, you're living on another planet.
Really? Half the country votes for a party that only benefits 1%? Do you have to try to be this astronomically dense?

And what "African Americans" will learn to face is the poverty, hopelessness, and despair that they still experience under the scourge of Democrat run cities. And they will eventually see the pointlessness of voting for the status quo.

You people crack me up. " they don't think Republicans want or appreciate their vote." Funny stuff! :lol:

Charlotte- Just elected a democrat..but had a republican and is a very good city for blacks.
Miami-elected 2009.
San Diego--awesome for everyone.
NYC--Rudy cleaned it up and it's much better now...DeBlasio is trying to turn it into a dump
LA-did really well under Riordan

All of these have comparatively low levels of crime.

What cities are blacks doing poorly under Republicans?

Ahhh .. that's not true at all.

We've heard what passes as republican 'outreach' many times before. We recognize that republicans NEED our votes .. which is why they're talking.

That's what this is all about, isn't it? .. republicans NEED our votes.

What's missing in what passes as republican outreach are specifics and what are you going to do to EARN our votes. Trump offered nothing. His appeal .. "What do you have to lose?" :0) That's laughable .. and quite silly.

Here's what we have to lose. As president, Hillary Clinton will address the number one issue to a great many black people like myself .. the terrorism of police. She will address it because she needs energized black people voting for her. And, once in office, she will do something serious about that issue.

How do I know that? .. Because she wants to be re-elected AND once again, she will need energized black votes.

Voting for Trump gets absolutely nothing done about the issue .. and in fact, may only make it worse.

Put it this way .. there exists no greater divide in all of American politics than that between black people and republicans. A drop-by speech with no specifics does absolutely nothing to bridge that humongous divide. Republicans are racist. That's no secret to anybody .. least of all, Black Americans.

Trump polls at 1% among Black voters .. and there is a better chance that it might go down.

Republicans made this bed themselves .. now they'll have to sleep in it.

Last edited:

We've heard what passes as republican 'outreach' many times before. We recognize that republicans NEED our votes .. which is why they're talking.

What's missing in what passes as republican outreach are specifics and what are you going to do to EARN our votes. Trump offered nothing. His appeal .. "What do you have to lose?" :0) That's laughable .. and quite silly.

Here's what we have to lose. As president, Hillary Clinton will address the number one issue to a great many black people like myself .. the terrorism of police. She will address it because she needs energized black people voting for her. And, once in office, she will do something serious about that issue.

How do I know that? .. Because she wants to be re-elected AND once again, she will need energized black votes.

Voting for Trump gets absolutely nothing done about the issue .. and in fact, may only make it worse.

Put it this way .. there exists no greater divide in all of American politics than that between black people and republicans. A drop-by speech with no specifics absolutely does nothing to bridge that humongous divide. Republicans are racist. That's no secret to anybody .. lest of all, Black Americans.

Trump polls at 1% among Black people .. and there is a better chance that it might go down.
Sorry, I only got as far as "terrorism of police" and dismissed the rest of your post in derision.

Really? Half the country votes for a party that only benefits 1%? Do you have to try to be this astronomically dense?

And what "African Americans" will learn to face is the poverty, hopelessness, and despair that they still experience under the scourge of Democrat run cities. And they will eventually see the pointlessness of voting for the status quo.

You mean like the poverty and hopelessness that the entire state of Mississippi and 9 other poor states under republican rule suffer?

You're talking about cities when republicans rule over 9 of the 10 poorest states in the country.

Question: When blacks voted overwhelmingly republican, what did they do for black people? They didn't do shit .. we didn't even have basic human rights.

Put it this way .. there exists no greater divide in all of American politics than that between black people and republicans. A drop-by speech with no specifics absolutely does nothing to bridge that humongous divide. Republicans are racist. That's no secret to anybody .. lest of all, Black Americans.

Trump polls at 1% among Black people .. and there is a better chance that it might go down.
Sorry, I only got as far as "terrorism of police" and dismissed the rest of your post in derision.

Good, then you already know why black people don't vote for people like you.

All the money in the world is wasted already last 10 years in the USA. Economy not growing like it could, ditto Jobs. Decline is in the air. Rottton crooked will find nothing left to give. If she takes more from producers.....down we go. Status qou or worse.

More ME savages in beekeeper suits and raping drunken mexicans will further drain from AA and "school" funds LOL.

If you want less of something, tax it. trust me. Reward for risk is better plan. Get out Trump. No hope. Too many too stupid. Come in after the civil war.

Forum List

Back