Trump warns he'll cut aid to U.N. members over Jerusalem vote

Lol..you again..****chuckles***

I'm not an anti-Semite..I'm just not Pro Israel--the two are not synonymous.

As for being played..well..for a guy who claims a working knowledge of history..it is a strange question. From the very inception of Israel..they have played us...with the willing cooperation of many in business and govt.--to be sure.

But..what exactly do we get from our 'Special relationship' with Israel? Not much....they go their own way pretty much...and are more part of the problem than part of the solution.

Business with Israel..should be cash on the barrel..and no freebies.

On that basis..I have no issue doing business with Israel.

But...they are not our friend...we are just an asset to them..a cow to be milked.

I didn't say you were an anti-Semite, now did I? I left that up to you and true to form you couched your answer in vague terms so that you can make a pathetic attempt to justify your beliefs without any real facts. That is how it is done.

LoL..and true to form..you deny the intent of your post....although any one with half a brain could see what you were doing and the intent of your post. Like a cat taking a shit on the kitchen floor..you kick your legs a few times and think that no one sees the steaming pile. Oh, and also true to form..you had no answer to my rebuttal..I'll take that as a win....thank you.

That..is how it is done.

My intent was very clear. if you deflected and refused to answer, that was a clear indication that you are anti-Semitic.

You answered. Good for you! Unfortunately your answer was simply mounds and mounds of bullshit trying to cover your true intent. It's very hard to counter an argument when all you provide is bullshit.

Why can't you be honest?
Hmmm...***rereads posts***

Seems clear enough to me..and honest. Not sure what would meet your needs...30 paragraphs of polemic mixed with historical citing and footnotes? Not going to happen..why would I put in the work? I've learned about these political sites..and the folks who post here..I put in the work..and you dismiss it, right? No real point--you can Google as well as I.

I have no 'true intent' to be discerned. You don't have to counter..you could just agree...LoL!

You can't even provide a link to one of your lies because you didn't post anything! Gotcha!

That's some really weak-ass opinions you have there. It's easy to sit back and pontificate and tell everyone, "You know what I mean" when you didn't say anything."

I would get essays written by my students like that a great deal if they had no clue as to what they were supposed to discuss. I guess you never got out of the habit.

If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with bullshit. That's great M.O. you have there.
How odd..in that I do believe that you are doing just what you accuse me of. Oh well...I'd like to point out..that in three posts..you have posted nothing substantive..now have you? Where are your links? Not that I fall for the trap of thinking that somehow a link conveys legitimacy.....only a fool would believe that.

Perhaps...you can post your opinion...about Israel and the Mideast..that runs counter to what I've said? No? I get the sense that you disagree..yet you've not really stated your objections in a cogent manner. If you wish to debate..debate..or admit that all you have are Ad hominem attacks and sniffs of disdain.

Trump threatens to cut aid to U.N. members over Jerusalem vote

Will the bully tactics work? I think not..and every dollar that Trump withholds will further isolate the US from influence. Those dollars everyone seems to think are wasted..are our guarantee of influence in those countries...I see it as win/win--we keep our money..and the rest of the world weens itself off of American influence and learns how to go their own way. Trump may well get his way..but he should be careful what he wishes for...once the world wakes up to the fact that they can do without the US..and form economic alliances that do not benefit the US...could be hard to rein them back in.

"U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday threatened to cut off financial aid to countries that vote in favor of a draft United Nations resolution calling for the United States to withdraw its decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
"They take hundreds of millions of dollars and even billions of dollars, and then they vote against us. Well, we're watching those votes. Let them vote against us. We'll save a lot. We don't care," Trump told reporters at the White House.
The 193-member U.N. General Assembly will hold a rare emergency special session on Thursday — at the request of Arab and Muslim countries — to vote on a draft resolution, which was vetoed by the United States on Monday in the 15-member U.N. Security Council.
The remaining 14 Security Council members voted in favor of the Egyptian-drafted resolution, which did not specifically mention the United States or Trump but which expressed "deep regret at recent decisions concerning the status of Jerusalem."
U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley, in a letter to dozens of U.N. states on Tuesday seen by Reuters, warned that Trump had asked her to "report back on those countries who voted against us."
She bluntly echoed that call in a Twitter post: "The U.S. will be taking names."
Several senior diplomats said Haley's warning was unlikely to change many votes in the General Assembly, where such direct, public threats are rare.
Miroslav Lajcak, president of the General Assembly, declined to comment on Trump's remarks, but added: "It's the right and responsibility of member states to express their views.""

Not giving someone money is now “bullying tactics”?

My God you people are deranged.

It’s perfectly fine for the entire U.N. to bully Israel by trying to dictate to them where their capital can be, as well as how they deal with Islamic barbarian terrorists. But not giving countries free money is over the line.

Liberal logic. :cuckoo:
not reading the entire post in context and responding only to a small portion of the post...alt/right debate tactics

:321:

Will the bully tactics work? I think not..and every dollar that Trump withholds will further isolate the US from influence. Those dollars everyone seems to think are wasted..are our guarantee of influence in those countries...I see it as win/win--we keep our money..and the rest of the world weens itself off of American influence and learns how to go their own way. Trump may well get his way..but he should be careful what he wishes for...once the world wakes up to the fact that they can do without the US..and form economic alliances that do not benefit the US...could be hard to rein them back in.

"U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday threatened to cut off financial aid to countries that vote in favor of a draft United Nations resolution calling for the United States to withdraw its decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
"They take hundreds of millions of dollars and even billions of dollars, and then they vote against us. Well, we're watching those votes. Let them vote against us. We'll save a lot. We don't care," Trump told reporters at the White House.
The 193-member U.N. General Assembly will hold a rare emergency special session on Thursday — at the request of Arab and Muslim countries — to vote on a draft resolution, which was vetoed by the United States on Monday in the 15-member U.N. Security Council.
The remaining 14 Security Council members voted in favor of the Egyptian-drafted resolution, which did not specifically mention the United States or Trump but which expressed "deep regret at recent decisions concerning the status of Jerusalem."
U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley, in a letter to dozens of U.N. states on Tuesday seen by Reuters, warned that Trump had asked her to "report back on those countries who voted against us."
She bluntly echoed that call in a Twitter post: "The U.S. will be taking names."
Several senior diplomats said Haley's warning was unlikely to change many votes in the General Assembly, where such direct, public threats are rare.
Miroslav Lajcak, president of the General Assembly, declined to comment on Trump's remarks, but added: "It's the right and responsibility of member states to express their views.""

It’s perfectly fine for the entire U.N. to bully Israel by trying to dictate to them where their capital can be, as well as how they deal with Islamic barbarian terrorists. But not giving countries free money is over the line.

not reading the entire post in context and responding only to a small portion of the post...alt/right debate tactics

Would you like me to blow apart your other point about countries becoming more independent from the US?

Why does that scare you so much? Other countries can’t have alliances? Typical globalist pig, you want to control everything going on through economic dependency instead of letting people prosper on their own. You believe the only way the US can “influence” other countries is by paying them off. What kind of friend or ally needs to be paid off in order to be your friend? What happened to leading by example and letting other countries follow suit because they respect you and choose to want to be allies because they have the same values? Evidently you think the only way to influence others is through manipulation and fear.

Would you like me to blow apart your other point about countries becoming more independent from the US?

Why does that scare you so much? Other countries can’t have alliances? Typical globalist pig, you want to control everything going on through economic dependency instead of letting people prosper on their own. You believe the only way the US can “influence” other countries is by paying them off. What kind of friend or ally needs to be paid off in order to be your friend? What happened to leading by example and letting other countries follow suit because they respect you and choose to want to be allies because they have the same values? Evidently you think the only way to influence others is through manipulation and fear.
***yawn***

You might want to watch that knee-jerk...nations are not friends..they have interests that either diverge or coincide..simple as that. Perhaps a bit of reading of history would do you a bit of good. I have no issue with other nations becoming independent...but....it is not as simple as you wish to make it...large economies draw small ones into their orbits..and if the US decides to step back..China will step up.

Of course, you are welcome to your opinions...even the ones that really have no basis in fact..such as me being a Globalist.

You sound like quite the idealist..good luck with that.

***yawn***

You might want to watch that knee-jerk...nations are not friends..they have interests that either diverge or coincide..simple as that. Perhaps a bit of reading of history would do you a bit of good. I have no issue with other nations becoming independent...but....it is not as simple as you wish to make it...large economies draw small ones into their orbits..and if the US decides to step back..China will step up.

Of course, you are welcome to your opinions...even the ones that really have no basis in fact..such as me being a Globalist.

That’s all you got? “China will step up”?

You’re more pathetic than I thought.

***yawn***

That’s all you got? “China will step up”?

You’re more pathetic than I thought.
That's all you got? A lame ad hominem attack? You're just as pathetic as I imagined.

It’s high time we cut all aid to that useless body of America Haters.

Awesome!
Seriously, it's CHRISTMAS EVERY DAY since Trump was elected.

Sometimes, there are multiple Christmases in a single day. This day is like that.

Cutting aid to the Useless Nations
Bundy mistrial
Tax cuts
Obamacare hacked
National Monuments shrunk

Dance, bozos!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

What a great idea! Cut ‘em all off. Right now!

December 20, 2017

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday threatened to cut off financial aid to countries that vote in favor of a draft United Nations resolution against his decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.

They take hundreds of millions of dollars and even billions of dollars, and then they vote against us. Well, we’re watching those votes. Let them vote against us. We’ll save a lot. We don’t care,” Trump told reporters at the White House.

The 193-member U.N. General Assembly will hold a rare emergency special session on Thursday at the request of Arab and Muslim countries on the controversial U.S. decision.

Why do some people not understand that bullying is defined by a group forcing it's will on a single person? Here it is the UN that is the bully. Those idiots want to keep putting out their hands for money but then stab the donor in the back. Pretty ridiculous.

Forum List

Back