Trump wants to pull U.S. out of NATO

To be honest, I think he wants to stay in, but only if other countries pick up their share.
If the President wants us out of NATO, there's probably a pretty good reason for it. .

NATO like the UN are both organizations that cost the USA a LOT of money with little return. Neither has any credibility or bite because they never do anything. I'm sure Trump realizes that for the money we invest, that money could be better spent. The problem is that while we might come to the aid of another country, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that if the USA came under attack and needed help, NONE of our "allies" would lift a finger to help us. It's all a one way street.

No he wants out because of Putin.

Just like when he made a decision to withdraw from Syria. Putin congratulate him. The rest of the world are crying including his own buddies.

What US interests is served by US being in Syria?

To stabilize the region or protect the Kurds from getting massacred by turkeys. To stop Putin your buddy and Assad taking over Middle East spreading terrorism.

Neither is an US interest. Please try again.

If the President wants us out of NATO, there's probably a pretty good reason for it. .

That pretty good reason is for his puppet master Putin to give an edge if there is a war in Europe.

The bill was unanimously passed to protect NATO from our moron POTUS.
You said, "That pretty good reason is for his puppet master Putin to give an edge if there is a war in Europe.
You are misinformed, ma'am. Special Investigators Robert Meuller announced a little over a week ago that his evidence showed that it was likely no truth in allegations that Trump colluded with the Russians. He made similar statements 10 months ago as well. Even so, reporters continue to dredge up these false allegations when they want to fluff the Democrats who trade interviews and breaking stories in return for them badmouthing conservatives, namely President Trump.

What and how this discussion went from NATO to Mueller investigation.
Are you deflecting?
You accused my President of being controlled by President Vladimir Putin of Russia. Nothing could be further from the truth according to recent statements made by special investigator Mueller. You started the ball rolling, and I informed YOU of what Meuller made a special announcement that his inquiries into the accusations made by the Democrat Party of colluding with Russia indicated no such thing. The press ignored this wisdom and went on as before in order to create even more chaos for the American people who in good faith placed President Trump in office. The only thing he has done according to my understanding is deny the false accusations being hurled at him by people who hated him for winning the Presidential election in 2016.

I am telling you like it is. President Trump is innocent of these malicious charges.

More unnamed unidentified anonymous "senior officials" quoted by the NYT? Ho hum. It should be noted that the last U.S. president who used NATO was Bill Clinton who was caught with his pants down in the Oval Office. Clinton never sought permission form congress to bomb a defenseless country. It's time the U.S. let Europe fend for it's own defense or pay for it's fare share.

Uh, NATO is with us in Afghanistan.

To be honest, I think he wants to stay in, but only if other countries pick up their share.
NATO like the UN are both organizations that cost the USA a LOT of money with little return. Neither has any credibility or bite because they never do anything. I'm sure Trump realizes that for the money we invest, that money could be better spent. The problem is that while we might come to the aid of another country, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that if the USA came under attack and needed help, NONE of our "allies" would lift a finger to help us. It's all a one way street.

No he wants out because of Putin.

Just like when he made a decision to withdraw from Syria. Putin congratulate him. The rest of the world are crying including his own buddies.

What US interests is served by US being in Syria?

To stabilize the region or protect the Kurds from getting massacred by turkeys. To stop Putin your buddy and Assad taking over Middle East spreading terrorism.

Neither is an US interest. Please try again.

Neither of those are correct, but you have not hit upon the correct answer either.

And what help have we received in the Stan?
Shows the small town parochial ignorance of Texan rightards.
The only problem with you, cnm, is you don't put your money where your mouth is, but this critter knows where your gaping mouth is. Just a friendly Texas whoopin' is what you need., and here's my friendly little pal, Surreptitious. He looks docile enough, but he's concealing his wares...the least of which is his kick. Don't mess with Texas, or you'll pay the price.
55682233-texas-bull.jpg

While I love the sentiment I think you're looking at the wrong type cow/bull.
Maybe the Texas Longhorn?
texas-longhorn-500x274.jpg
Thank you, HerewegoAgain for a lovely picture.. I live in Pineywoods cow country, and that other picture seemed right. The cowboys I know around here seem to prefer the market prices put down on Angus and cows that looks like the ones my husband and I saw in the Netherlands, probably descended from herds around the EU in the past 400+ years since their ancestors landed at Plymouth Rock with Pilgrims from all those countries who raised special breeds that did well in their climates. Your picture looks a lot more like the longhorns I saw out in West Texas when I was young. Except they looked a lot rangier back then, some with horns missing due to entanglements known only to bulls and cows of that breed.

Trump wants to pull U.S. out of NATO: NYT

President Donald Trump has discussed pulling the United States out of NATO — a move that, if executed, would diminish America's world stature and embolden Russia to make advances against Europe, according to a new New York Times report.

"Senior administration officials told The New York Times that several times over the course of 2018, Mr. Trump privately said he wanted to withdraw from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization," the paper reported on Monday.

----------------

So what do you think? Trump can't pull us out of NATO without help from the Senate.

Will the GOP Senate help Trump isolate us, finish off our agriculture and beef industries and isolate us from business around the world?
My heart bleeds!

Relocate to Brussels,.Tommy Tainants basement, or Guam... before it tips over...

Move out of New York...

Take your "Diplomats" with you...

And...

Just for kicks and giggles...

Cut off all funding...

That pretty good reason is for his puppet master Putin to give an edge if there is a war in Europe.

What was the intent of NATO, you red baiting fucker?

To counter the aggressiveness of your comrades.
To stabilize peace in that region from your comrade.
You may want to ask neighboring countries that are shaking of fear from Putin invasion.

Anything else you little piece of dog shit Putin lover?

Try again, loser.

Say it . YOu know that answer. Stop playing your libtard games.

What was the intent of NATO?

I answered your question. Did you read my post or you just stared at it?

Trump wants to pull U.S. out of NATO: NYT

President Donald Trump has discussed pulling the United States out of NATO — a move that, if executed, would diminish America's world stature and embolden Russia to make advances against Europe, according to a new New York Times report.

"Senior administration officials told The New York Times that several times over the course of 2018, Mr. Trump privately said he wanted to withdraw from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization," the paper reported on Monday.

----------------

So what do you think? Trump can't pull us out of NATO without help from the Senate.

Will the GOP Senate help Trump isolate us, finish off our agriculture and beef industries and isolate us from business around the world?

LOL

I long for the days when the left was reflexively anti-war. Now, with TDS so rampant among members of the left, they have become warmongers. Just as has nearly the entire MSM.

This really sucks.

LOL

I long for the days when the left was reflexively anti-war. Now, with TDS so rampant among members of the left, they have become warmongers. Just as has nearly the entire MSM.

This really sucks.

Heh heh. It's crazy, isn't it?

You said, "That pretty good reason is for his puppet master Putin to give an edge if there is a war in Europe.
You are misinformed, ma'am. Special Investigators Robert Meuller announced a little over a week ago that his evidence showed that it was likely no truth in allegations that Trump colluded with the Russians. He made similar statements 10 months ago as well. Even so, reporters continue to dredge up these false allegations when they want to fluff the Democrats who trade interviews and breaking stories in return for them badmouthing conservatives, namely President Trump.

What and how this discussion went from NATO to Mueller investigation.
Are you deflecting?
You accused my President of being controlled by President Vladimir Putin of Russia. Nothing could be further from the truth according to recent statements made by special investigator Mueller. You started the ball rolling, and I informed YOU of what Meuller made a special announcement that his inquiries into the accusations made by the Democrat Party of colluding with Russia indicated no such thing. The press ignored this wisdom and went on as before in order to create even more chaos for the American people who in good faith placed President Trump in office. The only thing he has done according to my understanding is deny the false accusations being hurled at him by people who hated him for winning the Presidential election in 2016.

I am telling you like it is. President Trump is innocent of these malicious charges.

Trump displayed a lot of affections towards Putin that’s a fact.
Withdrawing from Syria will benefits Putin and Iran.
Withdrawing from NATO will benefits Putin.
Trump was presented with evidence that Putin invaded our democracy interfered with presidential elections that benefited Trump. His own entire intelligence agencies that he hired presented him with evidence. But moron POTUS believed Putin. That’s a fact.

Trump denial is not a verdict. You don’t know anything and I don’t know anything about Mueller investigation. To be fair. why don’t we wait till the investigation is over then we go from there?
But if you look at Trump behavior it doesn’t look good. Even his new AG appointee doesn’t believe this is not a witch hunt.

Trump wanted five billion for his wall and the former GOP never gave it to him...

Now he want out of NATO, again not happening...
I don't know. Lindsey Graham went from this:

DwrHkzPWsAUVk1O.jpg

To wanting to "partake" of Trump. I wonder how many other Senate Republicans he has in his "back pocket"?

First, look at your date. They were both running for President at the time. How conveniently we forget. Also where is the link to this quote?

NATO is a leftover Cold War relic that we should have pulled out of decades ago. ... :cool:

Right now the situations in South China Sea is tense because China claiming a very large territory areas. We have a massive fleets in that region. If we go to war. Definitely 100% NATO forces will be involved.
Withdrawing from NATO will be a catastrophic mistake.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

For decades, the U.S. has guaranteed freedom of navigation in Asia’s waters, patrolling the seas with a view to maintaining the principle that no sovereign state shall suffer interference from another. China’s growing military prowess, combined with a dogged assertiveness over its territorial claims, is testing the old ways and providing a potential flashpoint for the two powers. That tension is felt most keenly in the South China Sea.

Perhaps our military and intelligence agencies saw it as an asset for us to use for better intel and positioning our our military. Not to protect Europe but for our own nations interests

I'd like to see any report they might have generated with those arguments, specifically what American Interests, and if that report detailed how extremely difficult it would be for US to defend Estonia.
How do you feel about our military presence and alliance with South Korea given its proximity to North Korea? Worth the risk or no?

Cold War is over. The reason for our alliance with them is long gone.

There is a debt of honor to those South Koreans who fought along side US in Korea and Vietnam, but those guys are old and fading away while the young South Koreans, from everything I hear are just as poisoned with anti-American liberalism as our own.

And the risk is not from North Korean, but from China.

South Korea by itself could defend itself from North Korea easily. China? Not so much.
So the only reason that justifies our presence in South Korea is because we owe them protection from China because of the Vietnam war? That’s an interesting take. If it weren’t for Vietnam do you think we shouldn’t have a military presence over there?

You did not address the fact that the initial reason for their presence is gone.

That seems very relevant to me. Should I take your silence on that point as agreement?
I think prevention of another world war is a pretty good reason to me. Not you?

Forum List

Back