Trump wants to pull U.S. out of NATO

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Trump wants to pull U.S. out of NATO: NYT

President Donald Trump has discussed pulling the United States out of NATO — a move that, if executed, would diminish America's world stature and embolden Russia to make advances against Europe, according to a new New York Times report.

"Senior administration officials told The New York Times that several times over the course of 2018, Mr. Trump privately said he wanted to withdraw from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization," the paper reported on Monday.

----------------

So what do you think? Trump can't pull us out of NATO without help from the Senate.

Will the GOP Senate help Trump isolate us, finish off our agriculture and beef industries and isolate us from business around the world?

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Trump wanted five billion for his wall and the former GOP never gave it to him...

Now he want out of NATO, again not happening...

• Banned
Trump wanted five billion for his wall and the former GOP never gave it to him...

I don't know. Lindsey Graham went from this:

DwrHkzPWsAUVk1O.jpg

To wanting to "partake" of Trump. I wonder how many other Senate Republicans he has in his "back pocket"?

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz

DwrHkzPWsAUVk1O.jpg

To wanting to "partake" of Trump. I wonder how many other Senate Republicans he has in his "back pocket"?

Well let see Trump is Republican and the Senate if Republican, so who knows...

He might own the Senate like Obama did when Reid was leader...

(Picture removed to save space)
I think Senator Graham has had at least a partial change of heart. He seems a lot more supportive since the employment rate went up and good things are going on in the market. I think seeing the DNC senators and reps acting like weirdos in a horror flick at Justice Kavanaugh's hearing opened Lindsay Graham's eyes to the cruel conniving that has been known by the rest of us for decades.

When he spoke of it, he was tired of how little the other countries were doing vs us.
60AF7B09-8834-43C2-BFEF-B596ACEC267D.png

If the President wants us out of NATO, there's probably a pretty good reason for it. .

NATO like the UN are both organizations that cost the USA a LOT of money with little return. Neither has any credibility or bite because they never do anything. I'm sure Trump realizes that for the money we invest, that money could be better spent. The problem is that while we might come to the aid of another country, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that if the USA came under attack and needed help, NONE of our "allies" would lift a finger to help us. It's all a one way street.

To be honest, I think he wants to stay in, but only if other countries pick up their share.
If the President wants us out of NATO, there's probably a pretty good reason for it. .

NATO like the UN are both organizations that cost the USA a LOT of money with little return. Neither has any credibility or bite because they never do anything. I'm sure Trump realizes that for the money we invest, that money could be better spent. The problem is that while we might come to the aid of another country, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that if the USA came under attack and needed help, NONE of our "allies" would lift a finger to help us. It's all a one way street.

Forum List

Back