Trump to Puerto Rico....I gave you paper towels, why arent you better already?

It has been three weeks and much of Puerto Rico is without power, medical care and drinking water

Trump fumes: We are not going to support you forever!

And they said before the storm hit it could take as long a 6 months to rebuild the power grid that has been neglected for decades. They were having days long blackouts before the storm hit.

God you are so stupid. Yes, PR has infrastructure problems LIKE THE REST OF THE US. How about we start by fixing this newest humanitarian crisis.

They are dipshit, it just won't happen overnight.

^Criminally stupid.Even if it were state of the art, it would have still been destroyed.
`
Excuse me for not taking your word on that. A well maintained emergency power plant could have easily survived that hurricane. PR was affected mainly by "wind damage. The real killer is "surf damage" and "water damage" which affected the island only minimally.

I don't know if you are ignorant or just fucking cruel
Your callousness and pompous arrogance in the face of human disaster is worthy of our president

Go, ahead, blame the victim...it is what you do best

Puerto Rico never asked that FEMA be there "forever"

But like any American, they expect FEMA to remain on sight until the job is done

But to Trump supporters they aren't American enough if they don't pay enough in taxes.

They don't pay any US income tax, their income taxes go to the PR government, who like most commiecrat governments just squander it.

But like any American, they expect FEMA to remain on sight until the job is done

But to Trump supporters they aren't American enough if they don't pay enough in taxes.

They don't pay any US income tax, their income taxes go to the PR government, who like most commiecrat governments just squander it.

If that is true then the U.S. government should be using some oversight to make sure it is getting spent correctly huh? Not just tell American citizens to fuck off and die.

I live on the Jersey shore and we were hit by Sandy which was a Cat 1 hurricane. We were without power for eight days and we have some of the most up to date power infrastructure in the country. We had trucks from power companies around the country coming to repair the storm damage and we still waited eight days to get power restoredPuerto Rico got hit by two Cat 5 hurricanes ten days apart. I don't consider it "criminal" that their power grid was destroyed. Since Puerto Rico is an island, surrounded by water, big water, ocean water you can't just drive in repair crews from other states
`
That's your opinion based on your experiences. You have no facts surrounding your statements so it doesn't negate anything I've said. The fact still remains, the lack of leadership there is totally responsible for the plight of the Puerto Rican citizens...NOT Trump or any US emergency agency.

If the government of Puerto Rico were communist, the money would go to the workers
Like most governments, the Puerto Rican government caters to the wealthy industrialists, tourism tycoons and wealthy investors. That is capitalism at its finest....not communism

I live on the Jersey shore and we were hit by Sandy which was a Cat 1 hurricane. We were without power for eight days and we have some of the most up to date power infrastructure in the country. We had trucks from power companies around the country coming to repair the storm damage and we still waited eight days to get power restoredPuerto Rico got hit by two Cat 5 hurricanes ten days apart. I don't consider it "criminal" that their power grid was destroyed. Since Puerto Rico is an island, surrounded by water, big water, ocean water you can't just drive in repair crews from other states
`
That's your opinion based on your experiences. You have no facts surrounding your statements so it doesn't negate anything I've said. The fact still remains, the lack of leadership there is totally responsible for the plight of the Puerto Rican citizens...NOT Trump or any US emergency agency.
Wrong...they are Americans and deserve our support

Why aren't you attacking the wealthy Californians in the Napa wine country for not being better prepared for fire?

Puerto Rico never asked that FEMA be there "forever"But like any American, they expect FEMA to remain on site until the job is done
`
Does that include rebuilding an energy grid, criminally neglected by their elected (but wealthy) officials?

Making a statement like that, maybe you should also then ask why so much infrastructure in the U.S. including more than 1 out of every 10 bridges in the U.S. is structurally deficient while elected officials continue to give themselves raises and get richer.

Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory with a military base there. The U.S. government should be paying more attention to the infrastructure there other than just when a natural disaster strikes.

What military base is there? The only ones I know of is Ft. Buchanan which supports reserve units and a small naval communications facility at Sabana Seca. The marine base on Veaques and the naval air station at Roosevelt Roads are both closed.

There isn't a pole, tower or lines existing that could have survived that. Simple thunderstorms cause outages all the time.
`
Wouldn't you think that an island/state, that has historically always been in harms way from nature, have some kind concrete plans in place for such a contingency? ..... I mean, outside of whining about US aid.

Puerto Rico never asked that FEMA be there "forever"But like any American, they expect FEMA to remain on site until the job is done
`
Does that include rebuilding an energy grid, criminally neglected by their elected (but wealthy) officials?

Making a statement like that, maybe you should also then ask why so much infrastructure in the U.S. including more than 1 out of every 10 bridges in the U.S. is structurally deficient while elected officials continue to give themselves raises and get richer.

Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory with a military base there. The U.S. government should be paying more attention to the infrastructure there other than just when a natural disaster strikes.

What military base is there? The only ones I know of is Ft. Buchanan which supports reserve units and a small naval communications facility at Sabana Seca. The marine base on Veaques and the naval air station at Roosevelt Roads are both closed.

There are two others.

US Military Bases in Puerto Rico | MilitaryBases.com

It has been three weeks and much of Puerto Rico is without power, medical care and drinking water

Trump fumes: We are not going to support you forever!

And they said before the storm hit it could take as long a 6 months to rebuild the power grid that has been neglected for decades. They were having days long blackouts before the storm hit.

No power grid could have survived a direct hit from a cat5.

Yet people are bitching about it taking more than three weeks to rebuild a grid covering more than 3,500 square miles. Go figure.

No, they're bitching because they are starving, dehydrated, and facing disease. Damn, dude.

LINK?

There isn't a pole, tower or lines existing that could have survived that. Simple thunderstorms cause outages all the time.
`
Wouldn't you think that an island/state, that has historically always been in harms way from nature, have some kind concrete plans in place for such a contingency? ..... I mean, outside of whining about US aid.
For a category 5 hurricane? Their plan is to keep their heads down and then get aid from the feds, just like Florida and Texas.

I don't know if you are ignorant or just fucking cruelYour callousness and pompous arrogance in the face of human disaster is worthy of our presidentGo, ahead, blame the victim...it is what you do best
`
Please, cry me a river. I didn't realize you were so temperamental and sensitive. You desperately want to politicize this tragedy with your pathos driven rhetoric. You are more concerned about assessing blame, NOT the welfare of the people you use as an excuse.

`
^Criminally stupid.
Even if it were state of the art, it would have still been destroyed.

I live on the Jersey shore and we were hit by Sandy which was a Cat 1 hurricane. We were without power for eight days and we have some of the most up to date power infrastructure in the country. We had trucks from power companies around the country coming to repair the storm damage and we still waited eight days to get power restored

Puerto Rico got hit by two Cat 5 hurricanes ten days apart. I don't consider it "criminal" that their power grid was destroyed. Since Puerto Rico is an island, surrounded by water, big water, ocean water you can't just drive in repair crews from other states

I was without power for 16 days after Ike, I ran two generators 24/7 at my own expense. I've since installed a propane operated whole home generator.

No power grid could have survived a direct hit from a cat5.

Yet people are bitching about it taking more than three weeks to rebuild a grid covering more than 3,500 square miles. Go figure.

No, they're bitching because they are starving, dehydrated, and facing disease. Damn, dude.

LINK?

`
For a category 5 hurricane? Their plan is to keep their heads down and then get aid from the feds, just like Florida and Texas.

Well, couldn't they have gotten in their boats and driven away to somewhere safe? (-:

`
^Criminally stupid.

I live on the Jersey shore and we were hit by Sandy which was a Cat 1 hurricane. We were without power for eight days and we have some of the most up to date power infrastructure in the country. We had trucks from power companies around the country coming to repair the storm damage and we still waited eight days to get power restored

Puerto Rico got hit by two Cat 5 hurricanes ten days apart. I don't consider it "criminal" that their power grid was destroyed. Since Puerto Rico is an island, surrounded by water, big water, ocean water you can't just drive in repair crews from other states

I was without power for 16 days after Ike, I ran two generators 24/7 at my own expense. I've since installed a propane operated whole home generator.

Good for you. Glad you were safe. But, unless your generators ran on happy thoughts instead of fuel, it's not the most useful idea for those in Puerto Rico.

`
^Criminally stupid.

You understand that there was a gas shortage in Puerto Rico right? And they even ran out of money in the ATM's and people couldn't get out there money to pay for stuff.

[Puerto Rico is an impoverished territoryLike most of the Caribbean, they invest in modern infrastructure in the tourist and wealthy areas and the rest of the island (surrounded by water, ocean water) suffers
`
Why is it "impoverished?" Could widespread criminality be the cause of that?

No more than the rest of the Caribbean. Many of those islands are extremely wealthy with billionaire estates, exclusive beachfront resorts, plantations, rum factories. But like with most capitalism, the wealth of an island goes to the few while most of the people live in poverty. It is not the poor people who scratch out a living that are making the economic decisions...it is the wealthy

It is the poor people of Puerto Rico that we are trying to save

I just saw a report where PR politicians are hording supplies and doling them out to their supporters only. That tells you all you need to know about the political mindset in PR.

Forum List

Back