Trump Tax Plan Worries Europe

Because at some point, someone needs to get taxed. And if it's not corporations, who are rolling in dough right now ...

Guess who gets to pay more? Not the rich, who make most of their $$ through investment.

That would be us, the middle and upper middle class folks. We get to pay more.
This makes no sense.

If a corporation does not get taxed, which individual benefits and avoids taxation?

If a corporation has coffers full of money, who benefits? Not the corporation. Sitting on unused capital is wasteful.

Anyone who makes more money through investment eventually gets taxed.

Individuals get better, more jobs. The government then actually works FOR THE PEOPLE, not the reverse.

They get taxed like 15% on dividends, I recall. If the investment income is taxed only once, it stays a measly 15%. That's pretty weak sauce, considering little ol' me is getting taxed around 30%.

To compensate for the deficit caused by the lack of corporate taxes, income taxes would have to go up. Otherwise ... well, you thought the national debt was bad now ...

Granted, I'm not a tax expert. I admit, I don't have all the answers. This is my understanding; the workers won't benefit from tax cuts. Especially not compared to investors.

If that suits your purposes, so be it. It's not ideal for me.

You have a simpleton understanding of economics. Tax policy should encourage corporations and the wealthy to take risks on new businesses and expansion, that's how jobs are created and growth happens. If the left had its way, punishment taxation of the wealthy and corporations the wealthy and corporations just don't bend over and take it. They say fuck you liberals and run for the exits. Relocate to other countries. The wealthy hunker down hoarding their wealth. They don't take risks on starting new businesses or expansion. Job growth slows, economic growth slows, and tax revenue falls. You can't punishment tax your way to prosperity.

Okay. But you're kind of misrepresenting what I'm saying. I never said that there is NOTHING good that will come out of the new tax laws, whatever they end up looking like. But it's certainly not going to be this brilliant paradise that Trump and his supporters are claiming.

Do you actually believe corporations should not be taxed? And where will that money come from then? That was sort of my original question.

You are blaming Trump. Congress created this tax reform bill not Trump. Now, Dem's in congress decided to sit on the sidelines and just bitch and complain so they are useless. The GOP, infested with lying corrupt GOP establishment hacks bought and paid for by special interests drafted the bill. Naturally its full of pork and political favors and in many ways not what Trump asked for. Lets start there.

That's exactly what corporations do when liberals attack them with punishment taxes and regulations. Liberals are too stupid to understand business expansion, capital improvements and investments, the high risk of starting new businesses, liberal policies often tip the balance towards hoarding cash. Why take the risk just to hand over your profits to the government.
Which is what they have been doing.

Bingo! There's a shit ton of cash on the sidelines waiting for government policy to encourage them to invest that cash.

Because at some point, someone needs to get taxed. And if it's not corporations, who are rolling in dough right now ...

Guess who gets to pay more? Not the rich, who make most of their $$ through investment.

This makes no sense.

If a corporation does not get taxed, which individual benefits and avoids taxation?

If a corporation has coffers full of money, who benefits? Not the corporation. Sitting on unused capital is wasteful.

Individuals get better, more jobs. The government then actually works FOR THE PEOPLE, not the reverse.

They get taxed like 15% on dividends, I recall. If the investment income is taxed only once, it stays a measly 15%. That's pretty weak sauce, considering little ol' me is getting taxed around 30%.

To compensate for the deficit caused by the lack of corporate taxes, income taxes would have to go up. Otherwise ... well, you thought the national debt was bad now ...

Granted, I'm not a tax expert. I admit, I don't have all the answers. This is my understanding; the workers won't benefit from tax cuts. Especially not compared to investors.

You have a simpleton understanding of economics. Tax policy should encourage corporations and the wealthy to take risks on new businesses and expansion, that's how jobs are created and growth happens. If the left had its way, punishment taxation of the wealthy and corporations the wealthy and corporations just don't bend over and take it. They say fuck you liberals and run for the exits. Relocate to other countries. The wealthy hunker down hoarding their wealth. They don't take risks on starting new businesses or expansion. Job growth slows, economic growth slows, and tax revenue falls. You can't punishment tax your way to prosperity.

Okay. But you're kind of misrepresenting what I'm saying. I never said that there is NOTHING good that will come out of the new tax laws, whatever they end up looking like. But it's certainly not going to be this brilliant paradise that Trump and his supporters are claiming.

Do you actually believe corporations should not be taxed? And where will that money come from then? That was sort of my original question.

You are blaming Trump. Congress created this tax reform bill not Trump. Now, Dem's in congress decided to sit on the sidelines and just bitch and complain so they are useless. The GOP, infested with lying corrupt GOP establishment hacks bought and paid for by special interests drafted the bill. Naturally its full of pork and political favors and in many ways not what Trump asked for. Lets start there.

It's hard to say exactly what happened. We weren't there.

Trump has endorsed the tax cuts. I'm aware that he probably had next to no influence on the details.

From what I understand, the dems were excluded from the process. So I'm not sure why you think they were just hanging out on the sidelines, refusing to participate. They were more likely shoved off the field by republicans.

The rest seems pretty accurate.

Sure. But do you want to finish that thought?
It either increases the dividends to the remaining shareholders (which gets taxed) or it allows the corporation to use that extra cash to invest in expansion, which also increases the value of the remaining shares.

MOST of the time, it is BOTH. SO, everybody gets paid, including the Fed.

Corporations employ millions of people enabling them to pay federal, state, and local taxes, plus contribute to the overall economy. Why the left demonizes corporations makes no sense.

I'm not demonizing them (well, I'm not on the left either, but perhaps compared to you I am).

I'm saying that if we're going to reduce the declared corporate tax rate, we should probably close the loopholes that reduce the effective corporate tax rate.

You know ... as the republicans promised over and over again.

LOL fair point Rush Limbaugh is left of me :muahaha:

Rewarding corporations for bad behavior. Wow how great this that.

That cash sits overseas because of or tax law. A law that should have been changed years ago. Instead, Trump will give them a tax break to bring it home. Another victory for Corporate America.

Look at Mexico. Trump had a freakin fit. There are not Mexican companies flooding our markets. It is US companies who built plants there. No problem, give them a tax break.

Any action by Trump to limit imports will just be done to our products.

Trump is too stupid to get that we need to export. Any penalty action against imports into the US will be duplicated when we try to export.

This makes no sense.

So you think handing wealthy people money that they will start new businesses?

NO. They will expand 7 create new when there is demand.

You people know shit about economics.

This makes no sense.

Trump has endorsed the tax cuts. I'm aware that he probably had next to no influence on the details.

From what I understand, the dems were excluded from the process. So I'm not sure why you think they were just hanging out on the sidelines, refusing to participate. They were more likely shoved off the field by republicans.

President Trump is at the mercy of the DC swamp, the bought and paid for establishment in both the Dem and Rep parties. He ran against the DC establishment which is why so many establishment hacks in the GOP hate his guts. Trump has tried to influence the tax bill as best he can, but ultimately the swamp will dictate the terms.

The Dem rank and file have no power, its concentrated at the top of the party and if the Dem rank and file dare break ranks they are retaliated against by the party. Same shit happens in the Rep party. Only difference is there are enough uppity conservatives and tea party members in the Rep party to band together and cause trouble, safety in numbers, but the Rep party leadership still gets pissed off and retaliates against them.

That is the current state of affairs in congress, kind of a mess and has been for a while now. That Trump managed to barge into this swamp and wrestle control of the White House away from the establishment...I like how he has disrupted the DC status quo. I'm realistic about how much he can accomplish given the state of things in congress but its 'a' step in the right direction vs 4 more years of establishment status quo in DC.

This makes no sense.

Christ almighty, its their money hello. :itsok:

President Trump is at the mercy of the DC swamp, the bought and paid for establishment in both the Dem and Rep parties. He ran against the DC establishment which is why so many establishment hacks in the GOP hate his guts. Trump has tried to influence the tax bill as best he can, but ultimately the swamp will dictate the terms.

The Dem rank and file have no power, its concentrated at the top of the party and if the Dem rank and file dare break ranks they are retaliated against by the party. Same shit happens in the Rep party. Only difference is there are enough uppity conservatives and tea party members in the Rep party to band together and cause trouble, safety in numbers, but the Rep party leadership still gets pissed off and retaliates against them.

That is the current state of affairs in congress, kind of a mess and has been for a while now. That Trump managed to barge into this swamp and wrestle control of the White House away from the establishment...I like how he has disrupted the DC status quo. I'm realistic about how much he can accomplish given the state of things in congress but its 'a' step in the right direction vs 4 more years of establishment status quo in DC.

I thought he was supposed to drain the swamp. Judging by his cabinet, and the fact that he is pretty much just going by the playbook of Mitch McConnell, it's hard for me to believe that he's been very successful so far. No term limits. Lobbyists still everywhere. When does the draining start?

This makes no sense.

This makes no sense.

Not that stupid argumrnt again.

Before tax cut, they paid $350?
After tax cut they paid $200K.

That is 150K more that company has because of the tax break. The tax break gave it to them

Play semantics all day but you are still a fool.

It either increases the dividends to the remaining shareholders (which gets taxed) or it allows the corporation to use that extra cash to invest in expansion, which also increases the value of the remaining shares.

Corporations employ millions of people enabling them to pay federal, state, and local taxes, plus contribute to the overall economy. Why the left demonizes corporations makes no sense.
Making product for whom?

If you don't put money in the hands of those that will spend it, nothing will happen except corps will coninue to hoard money, buy back their stocks, & buy more dumbass Republicans

I thought he was supposed to drain the swamp. Judging by his cabinet, and the fact that he is pretty much just going by the playbook of Mitch McConnell, it's hard for me to believe that he's been very successful so far. No term limits. Lobbyists still everywhere. When does the draining start?

It took decades to fill the swamp, it won't be drained in a few months time or in Trump's first term. Trump has already done a LOT of damage to the swamp, lets keep that going and hopefully future administrations can continue what Trump started vs sliding back into being owned by special interests and corrupt politicians.

This makes no sense.

Its the Trump plan.

Democrats weren't allowed behind those closed doors.

Quit trying to blame Democrats for not stopping your God Damn supid Corporation loving party

Making product for whom?

If you don't put money in the hands of those that will spend it, nothing will happen except corps will coninue to hoard money, buy back their stocks, & buy more dumbass Republicans

Corporations put money in the hands of its employees, and its shareholders which include millions of middle class Americans who have trillions of dollars invested in corporations. I'm sorry who is the left trying to punish by confiscating wealth from corporations? Do you have any idea what's going to happen when most of the baby boomers are retired and there's far fewer people working and paying taxes? You better hope the baby boomers make a ton of money investing in corporations so they can spend it during their retirement.

This makes no sense.

Its the Trump plan.

Quit trying to blame Democrats for not stopping your God Damn supid Corporation loving party

Democrats base of public and private unions have all their retirement savings invested in corporations, I'm sure they will do well under this tax reform bill.

Its the Trump plan.

That sounds familiar.

Dems would NEVER do that ,in a fashion that affects 1/6 of the economy, would they?

:lol:

Making product for whom?

Corporations put money in the hands of its employees, and its shareholders which include millions of middle class Americans who have trillions of dollars invested in corporations. I'm sorry who is the left trying to punish by confiscating wealth from corporations? Do you have any idea what's going to happen when most of the baby boomers are retired and there's far fewer people working and paying taxes? You better hope the baby boomers make a ton of money investing in corporations so they can spend it during their retirement.

From what I understand, many boomers aren't at all ready for their imminent retirement and are going to get crushed by medicare cuts.

Can't say I feel too sorry for them.

Forum List

Back