Trump Tax Plan Worries Europe

The left do not understand how jobs and wealth are created, hence you can't get to first base with your average liberal on this topic. A wealthy person or corporation generates net new wealth that did not previously exist and the left think they stole that wealth from someone.
I really think they believe that corporations just sit back and hoard mountains of cash.
:lol:

IT does NOTHING to sit on that money. Corporations live to expand and increase market share, which results in lots of SPENDING, which creates new jobs, which stimulates economic growth.

Never let a leftist control the economy.

They've already said where they're putting their money. And it's not into jobs.

Do you want me to link you, or can you find it yourself?

Trump's Tax Promises Undercut by CEO Plans to Help Investors

NVM. Here you go.
you all believe anything, my fking god.

Only thing is, American corporations are already only paying around 20% because of special interest deductions and tax loopholes.

The 35 Percent Corporate Tax Myth

Is this tax plan going to close those loopholes? Given the hasty manner in which it was created, probably not. Which means corporations will actually be paying closer to 0%.

So ... that's fair, right?
So, why should corporations (employers) pay ANY tax? They can't vote. No taxation without representation?

They can't vote. They just write our laws.

#lobbyistsrunDC
shit, I thought the congress wrote our laws. how the fk did I miss that?

Apparently you aren't aware of who actually spent time writing the senate tax bill. Last I heard, it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,000 lobbyists who wrote it. Most senators didn't even read it. Some didn't even see it until right before the vote.
how does one put together a document from 6,000 individuals? Let's see how that works.

Ask congress.

So, why should corporations (employers) pay ANY tax? They can't vote. No taxation without representation?

#lobbyistsrunDC

Apparently you aren't aware of who actually spent time writing the senate tax bill. Last I heard, it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 6,000 lobbyists who wrote it. Most senators didn't even read it. Some didn't even see it until right before the vote.
how does one put together a document from 6,000 individuals? Let's see how that works.

Ask congress.
so you have no idea how they take a paper from 6,000 lobbyists. What, do they meet at the local arena to discuss?

The left do not understand how jobs and wealth are created, hence you can't get to first base with your average liberal on this topic. A wealthy person or corporation generates net new wealth that did not previously exist and the left think they stole that wealth from someone.
I really think they believe that corporations just sit back and hoard mountains of cash.

IT does NOTHING to sit on that money. Corporations live to expand and increase market share, which results in lots of SPENDING, which creates new jobs, which stimulates economic growth.

NVM. Here you go.

Yes, I suppose you know more than Bloomberg. Whoever you are.

NVM. Here you go.

Yes, I suppose you know more than Bloomberg. Whoever you are.
I don't believe them

#lobbyistsrunDC

Ask congress.
so you have no idea how they take a paper from 6,000 lobbyists.

How would I? I'm not on Capitol Hill. I go by the reporting. Which I know you'll just call fake news, so why bother linking it here?

So be it. Think what you want. I don't really care.

“Companies are sitting on large amounts of cash. They’re not really financially constrained,” Shin, who conducted a survey of more than 300 companies asking their plans for a tax overhaul, said in an interview. “They’re still working for their shareholders, primarily."

How can one increase the value of shares with all that cash they are sitting on, that may or may not get the fuck taxed out of it?

NVM. Here you go.
“We’ll be able to get much more aggressive on the share buyback” after a tax cut, Kramer said in a Nov. 16 interview.

Do you know what THAT means?

Sure. But do you want to finish that thought?

why should Europe even care about an American tax plan?
Better yet why should we even care what Europe thinks?

“Companies are sitting on large amounts of cash. They’re not really financially constrained,” Shin, who conducted a survey of more than 300 companies asking their plans for a tax overhaul, said in an interview. “They’re still working for their shareholders, primarily."

How can one increase the value of shares with all that cash they are sitting on, that may or may not get the fuck taxed out of it?

Once again, I'm not a tax expert. I'm reliant on reporting for my information. Bloomberg seems a better source than something like CNN or MSN. FOX is kind of questionable given their love affair with Trump.

Maybe you could tell me your credentials?

Because at some point, someone needs to get taxed. And if it's not corporations, who are rolling in dough right now ...

Guess who gets to pay more? Not the rich, who make most of their $$ through investment.

That would be us, the middle and upper middle class folks. We get to pay more.
This makes no sense.

If a corporation does not get taxed, which individual benefits and avoids taxation?

If a corporation has coffers full of money, who benefits? Not the corporation. Sitting on unused capital is wasteful.

Anyone who makes more money through investment eventually gets taxed.

Individuals get better, more jobs. The government then actually works FOR THE PEOPLE, not the reverse.

They get taxed like 15% on dividends, I recall. If the investment income is taxed only once, it stays a measly 15%. That's pretty weak sauce, considering little ol' me is getting taxed around 30%.

To compensate for the deficit caused by the lack of corporate taxes, income taxes would have to go up. Otherwise ... well, you thought the national debt was bad now ...

Granted, I'm not a tax expert. I admit, I don't have all the answers. This is my understanding; the workers won't benefit from tax cuts. Especially not compared to investors.

If that suits your purposes, so be it. It's not ideal for me.

You have a simpleton understanding of economics. Tax policy should encourage corporations and the wealthy to take risks on new businesses and expansion, that's how jobs are created and growth happens. If the left had its way, punishment taxation of the wealthy and corporations the wealthy and corporations just don't bend over and take it. They say fuck you liberals and run for the exits. Relocate to other countries. The wealthy hunker down hoarding their wealth. They don't take risks on starting new businesses or expansion. Job growth slows, economic growth slows, and tax revenue falls. You can't punishment tax your way to prosperity.

It either increases the dividends to the remaining shareholders (which gets taxed) or it allows the corporation to use that extra cash to invest in expansion, which also increases the value of the remaining shares.

MOST of the time, it is BOTH. SO, everybody gets paid, including the Fed.

That's exactly what corporations do when liberals attack them with punishment taxes and regulations. Liberals are too stupid to understand business expansion, capital improvements and investments, the high risk of starting new businesses, liberal policies often tip the balance towards hoarding cash. Why take the risk just to hand over your profits to the government.

Because at some point, someone needs to get taxed. And if it's not corporations, who are rolling in dough right now ...

Guess who gets to pay more? Not the rich, who make most of their $$ through investment.

This makes no sense.

If a corporation does not get taxed, which individual benefits and avoids taxation?

If a corporation has coffers full of money, who benefits? Not the corporation. Sitting on unused capital is wasteful.

Individuals get better, more jobs. The government then actually works FOR THE PEOPLE, not the reverse.

They get taxed like 15% on dividends, I recall. If the investment income is taxed only once, it stays a measly 15%. That's pretty weak sauce, considering little ol' me is getting taxed around 30%.

To compensate for the deficit caused by the lack of corporate taxes, income taxes would have to go up. Otherwise ... well, you thought the national debt was bad now ...

Granted, I'm not a tax expert. I admit, I don't have all the answers. This is my understanding; the workers won't benefit from tax cuts. Especially not compared to investors.

You have a simpleton understanding of economics. Tax policy should encourage corporations and the wealthy to take risks on new businesses and expansion, that's how jobs are created and growth happens. If the left had its way, punishment taxation of the wealthy and corporations the wealthy and corporations just don't bend over and take it. They say fuck you liberals and run for the exits. Relocate to other countries. The wealthy hunker down hoarding their wealth. They don't take risks on starting new businesses or expansion. Job growth slows, economic growth slows, and tax revenue falls. You can't punishment tax your way to prosperity.

Okay. But you're kind of misrepresenting what I'm saying. I never said that there is NOTHING good that will come out of the new tax laws, whatever they end up looking like. But it's certainly not going to be this brilliant paradise that Trump and his supporters are claiming.

Do you actually believe corporations should not be taxed? And where will that money come from then? That was sort of my original question.

That's exactly what corporations do when liberals attack them with punishment taxes and regulations. Liberals are too stupid to understand business expansion, capital improvements and investments, the high risk of starting new businesses, liberal policies often tip the balance towards hoarding cash. Why take the risk just to hand over your profits to the government.
Which is what they have been doing.

This makes no sense.

why would you be taxed at 30%?

Ask the left what percentage would be a 'fair share' and stop them from constantly bitching and complaining, they will never answer.

It either increases the dividends to the remaining shareholders (which gets taxed) or it allows the corporation to use that extra cash to invest in expansion, which also increases the value of the remaining shares.

You are referring to the expansion of small investment income tax money, since in your view corporate income should not be taxed. Is that correct?

The reason investment income taxes are so low is because that income had already been taxed. Without that, it's just an unjustifiably low income tax.

Corporations employ millions of people enabling them to pay federal, state, and local taxes, plus contribute to the overall economy. Why the left demonizes corporations makes no sense.

Corporations employ millions of people enabling them to pay federal, state, and local taxes, plus contribute to the overall economy. Why the left demonizes corporations makes no sense.

I'm not demonizing them (well, I'm not on the left either, but perhaps compared to you I am).

I'm saying that if we're going to reduce the declared corporate tax rate, we should probably close the loopholes that reduce the effective corporate tax rate.

You know ... as the republicans promised over and over again.

Forum List

Back