Trump tariffs are going to cost Americans an average of $2000 in 2020

Of course wholesalers will swallow the tariff costs. Don't all wholesalers have over a 30% profit margin that they can use for that purpose?
/——/
Reasonable Markup to Distributors - tom-gray.com

Wholesaler markups average 20% and will not exceed 30-40%, according to The Average ProfitMargin for Wholesale | Small Business - Chron.com.

There is one hell of a difference between "Markup" and "Profit margin". You obviously have never owned a business of your own.

You do realize that until Obama got elected, many leading Democrats vocally supported protectionism/higher tariffs, especially on China, right? Even under Obama, some Democrats, such as Chuck Schumer, openly called for a strongly protectionist trade policy toward China.

If tariffs are so bad, how did the U.S. become the world's leading economic powerhouse during all those decades when we had an ardently high-tariff trade policy? How'd that happen? How have and other nations prospered while following a high-tariff trade policy?

But now, reflexively, robotically, most Democrats whine about Trump's America-first high-tariff trade policy just because he's the one doing it.

067.jpg

You do realize that until Obama got elected, many leading Democrats vocally supported protectionism/higher tariffs, especially on China, right? Even under Obama, some Democrats, such as Chuck Schumer, openly called for a strongly protectionist trade policy toward China.

If tariffs are so bad, how did the U.S. become the world's leading economic powerhouse during all those decades when we had an ardently high-tariff trade policy? How'd that happen? How have and other nations prospered while following a high-tariff trade policy?

But now, reflexively, robotically, most Democrats whine about Trump's America-first high-tariff trade policy just because he's the one doing it.

067.jpg

Well, now, seeing as how America is the "world's leading economic powerhouse", one has to wonder:
1. Why Trumpettes feel that it is necessary to "Make America Great", and
2. Why the" world's greatest economic powerhouse" needs to start a trade war with China, and
3. Why isn't all the federal revenue from tariff taxes distributed back to the people who ultimately paid it to the government, the consumers?

Of course wholesalers will swallow the tariff costs. Don't all wholesalers have over a 30% profit margin that they can use for that purpose?
/——/

Wholesaler markups average 20% and will not exceed 30-40%, according to The Average ProfitMargin for Wholesale | Small Business - Chron.com.

There is one hell of a difference between "Markup" and "Profit margin". You obviously have never owned a business of your own.
/—-/ Yes I know the difference between mark up and margin since I was in the business for decades. Geeeze give it up already.

067.jpg

Well, now, seeing as how America is the "world's leading economic powerhouse", one has to wonder:
1. Why Trumpettes feel that it is necessary to "Make America Great", and
2. Why the" world's greatest economic powerhouse" needs to start a trade war with China, and
3. Why isn't all the federal revenue from tariff taxes distributed back to the people who ultimately paid it to the government, the consumers?

Why do you hate good Union jobs?

Is this what winning looks like? Did you notice that even a dummy like Bush wasn’t stupid enough to create trade wars with China? He actually listened to advisors who understood what they were talking about.

The tariffs ‘eliminate all remaining economic gains from the administration’s deregulation actions’
The $2,031 number is higher than other estimates because tariffs keep increasing.

In May, the New York Fed estimated a $831 cost to households from tariffs. J.P. Morgan estimated that tariffs that went into effect on September 1 would cost American households up to $1,000 per year. Additional tariffs on China went into effect on October 1, and more tariffs are set to kick in on December 15.

“If all tariffs threatened by the Trump administration are imposed, combined with the current tariffs in place, the annual cost to U.S. consumers would be $461.1 billion and the cost for the average household would be $3,614,” the report stated.

Trump tariffs are set to cost U.S. households $2,000 in 2020, research group finds

No the bush boy didn't get into a tariff war with China.

He did impose tariffs on steel in 2002.

However when he saw that it was damaging the economy and jobs, he repealed those tariffs in 2003.

/——/

Which aren't ACTUAL NUMBERS, but reported numbers. In other words, not real.

Real numbers are 50% to 900% depending on the item.

Already a thread on this BS

I've raised my prices months ago. It's already fact.

On What?

Wholesale electronics.

And what made you increase your prices?

Same as everyone, opportunity of the tariff threat. tRump made that happen.

No,explain why your product went up.

I've raised my prices months ago. It's already fact.

On What?

Wholesale electronics.

Opportunity of the tariff threat. tRump made that happen.

Aaaah...so you're a thief with no explanation as to why you raised your prices.
I call bullshit.
You're no more a business man than obama.

Wholesale electronics.

I call bullshit.

I'm a capitalist racketeer like tRump.

I call bullshit.

I'm a capitalist racketeer like tRump.

Nah you're a liar.
You're not fit to run a kool aid stand.

I expect that the research group that came up with the number quoted in the OP is bogus propaganda by anti-Trump loons...but even if correct, I will pay it.

Something must be done about China.

Even such a moron as Chuck Schumer realizes that.

1. You stated I used a computer which I have not used one since 2009.

2. You then proclaimed I was at the library at seven in the morning on a Sunday...

3. You then proclaimed China parts have to be in everything but did you know Samsung has plants in India that manufacture it cellphones?

Did you know that?

Of course not but keep on swinging wannabe Don Lemon and maybe you will find that black hole that swallowed up that plane...

Once again, you know you are using Chinese made parts, which is why you will not tell us how you access this forum.

As for you not having a computer, I didn't realize you were too poor to buy one, I will keep that in mind in the future.

Once again you do not know where my phone was made and just assume I am someone like you that buys cheaply made junk like you.

Who the hell are you to tell others where there stuff has been made when you do not even know where the parts are from.

You assume that China is the only player in the game but the fact is China is a punk bitch you support because of your leftist hatred for Trump.

India, Korea, Vietnam, Philippines, Japan and Mexico all make electronics but you are too cheap and buy made in China products while kissing that Commie flag!

Keep running little man! It seems to be all you have.

I am running?

I provide the fact other countries make phones and electronics and all you can say is " I love slave labor made products because it is cheap for me and who cares if Communists profit dam not because I love them more " ...

and you know that I am correct, that is why you will not tell us how you access this forum, you know that whatever you use has Chinese parts in it.

but you lack the balls and integrity to admit it.

You're dealing with a coward.

His "tax cut" already cost me $2500. This is getting pricey

Forum List

Back