Trump tariffs are going to cost Americans an average of $2000 in 2020

Same as everyone, opportunity of the tariff threat. tRump made that happen.

No,explain why your product went up.

Opportunity of the tariff threat. tRump made that happen.

Aaaah...so you're a thief with no explanation as to why you raised your prices.
I call bullshit.
You're no more a business man than obama.

I'm a capitalist racketeer like tRump.

Nah you're a liar.
You're not fit to run a kool aid stand.

You can't refute my hypothesis?

I expect that the research group that came up with the number quoted in the OP is bogus propaganda by anti-Trump loons...but even if correct, I will pay it.

Something must be done about China.

Even such a moron as Chuck Schumer realizes that.

You can't do anything with China, there's to much US investment.

Is this what winning looks like? Did you notice that even a dummy like Bush wasn’t stupid enough to create trade wars with China? He actually listened to advisors who understood what they were talking about.

The tariffs ‘eliminate all remaining economic gains from the administration’s deregulation actions’
The $2,031 number is higher than other estimates because tariffs keep increasing.

In May, the New York Fed estimated a $831 cost to households from tariffs. J.P. Morgan estimated that tariffs that went into effect on September 1 would cost American households up to $1,000 per year. Additional tariffs on China went into effect on October 1, and more tariffs are set to kick in on December 15.

“If all tariffs threatened by the Trump administration are imposed, combined with the current tariffs in place, the annual cost to U.S. consumers would be $461.1 billion and the cost for the average household would be $3,614,” the report stated.

Trump tariffs are set to cost U.S. households $2,000 in 2020, research group finds
Nonsense. The tariffs have hurt China's exports so badly that China was forced to devalue its currency, making imports from China cheaper to US importers and allowing them to maintain their profit margins without having to raise prices to consumers. I know you were hoping for a lot of suffering but it is just not going to happen.

Of course wholesalers will swallow the tariff costs. Don't all wholesalers have over a 30% profit margin that they can use for that purpose?
/——/
Reasonable Markup to Distributors - tom-gray.com

Wholesaler markups average 20% and will not exceed 30-40%, according to The Average ProfitMargin for Wholesale | Small Business - Chron.com.

There is one hell of a difference between "Markup" and "Profit margin". You obviously have never owned a business of your own.
/—-/ Yes I know the difference between mark up and margin since I was in the business for decades. Geeeze give it up already.

Sorry, but if you think that wholesalers have 30% excess profit lying around with which to absorb Trump's tariffs, I have to believe that the closest you ever came to owning a business was passing 9th grade practical math, which you have apparently forgotten..

You do realize that until Obama got elected, many leading Democrats vocally supported protectionism/higher tariffs, especially on China, right? Even under Obama, some Democrats, such as Chuck Schumer, openly called for a strongly protectionist trade policy toward China.

If tariffs are so bad, how did the U.S. become the world's leading economic powerhouse during all those decades when we had an ardently high-tariff trade policy? How'd that happen? How have and other nations prospered while following a high-tariff trade policy?

But now, reflexively, robotically, most Democrats whine about Trump's America-first high-tariff trade policy just because he's the one doing it.

067.jpg

Well, now, seeing as how America is the "world's leading economic powerhouse", one has to wonder:
1. Why Trumpettes feel that it is necessary to "Make America Great", and
2. Why the" world's greatest economic powerhouse" needs to start a trade war with China, and
3. Why isn't all the federal revenue from tariff taxes distributed back to the people who ultimately paid it to the government, the consumers?

Why do you hate good Union jobs?

I haven't the slightest idea of what you are talking about, but I find comfort in my secure knowledge that you don't either.

Made in Vietnam

my old tablets battery was going

So I did something I dont normally do
I bought a galaxy tab s6 ....just released brand new top of the line ...in spying on ya .
Ill spend money on a top of the line computer or desktop that ill get a good 5 years out of but never on a tablet or phone .

I like to use it for music n shit around the house and I sometimes play one stupid game on it war robots
Im not really a video game guy but ive been playing since 2015 and I friggin rule .

I even keep a little crypto on it if i wanna pay for something with a little coin ...it never leaves the house anyway but the battery is going ....its draining super fast it aint got much longer ....sure i could of had the battery replaced but WTF.

SO like a retard the new tab s6 I pre-ordered it ....DIdnt even open the box yet ....got the keyboard case blah blah blha ...so im just out and about today I forgot i ordered it , i get the email it pops up on the alerts .....its at the store come get it ....i was only like 20 miles away the highways right there .I just dropped 800 bucks on it so frugal me goes i gotta go to Walmart for my 2 giant family packs of toilet paper Ill get a screen protector for 10 bucks why spend 39.99 at best bad buy ? right ? RIGHT !
best buy sucks ass I wish their was a micro center , frys or PC Richards down here somewhere .

The keyboard Has made in Vietnam on it ...which isnt unusual

The tab s6 box is "printed in Vietnam" ...I haven't opened the box Im gonna laugh my ass off if the tablet says made somewhere else besides china

BUT wait theirs more why did i mention walmart .. Big brother was running the facial recognition down at the walmart
and not just at the quick self checkout .

Wait a second

The usual Walmart experience I go in for 2 things the cart has 100 dollars of shit in it BUT NO screen protector to be found ..no big deal ill just ebay one later

So as i'm checking out im looking up and theirs 32 inch monitors at every check out line..I said "hummm thats new" .They weren't their a week to 10 days ago..right in front of ya and right over head ...theirs a sign on each monitor with red lettering for security purposes ...so i'm looking at myself cause i'm pretty and take a wild guess whats starts going off ?

Facial recognition boxes !!!!
Their flashing yellow around everyone's heads! the lines next to me...the redneck behind me . FAGHEDABOUDDIT!
ive been very polite down here the last almost three years now ...my inner Brooklyn came out ...

The first words out of my mouth..... I dont know why was "YOU ****** mother fuckers" ..the checkout girl reeled in horror The redneck behind said bro !

I said look up sir wait for it !

what came out of his mouth next?
...."MOTHER FUCKERS !"

I turn back to the girl " Its not you sweetheart Get your manager RIGHT NOW! "
Me and the redneck who I didn't even know layed in to this fucking half a fag tall geeky rat bastard..Now theirs 3 security guys behind us cause i'm irate and the redneck has totally joined in and is egging me on ....i'm being the nastiest white privileged prick new yorker i can be ....Im going on about communist china I thought this was the united states of america you communist fags blah blah blah blah blah !!!...security for thieves ? !!!! GO FUCK YOURSELF YOUR FULL OF SHIT!!! ya fuckin rat mother fucker blow it out your ass !

the security guys are getting closer ...i'm not a small guy ...i'm looking at midgets

I look the one guy right in the eye if you guys wanna try me take another step closer > go ahead ...wanna call the cops call the fuckin cops but take another step closer and all three of yas are gonna have a problem ....i said follow me outside we'll take it outside

they took a step back:auiqs.jpg: ...the rednecks know laughing his ass off ....i said dude we're in communist china the social credit scores are coming ...redneck responds "its scary man "

I left my cart the redneck and his wife walked OUT to ...we talked for about ten minutes afterwards they were very nice people .
I did without a wall mart for most of my life ...ill go drive to fag ass progressive target say hi to the tranny in the bathroom and buy him a gay rainbow sticker before I go back into walmart .....i'll just pay four more dollars for the goddamn case of toilet paper at a kroger

Utopia its on it way

Just one of those days ya hope the country fuckin collapses

Made in Vietnam
Massive public face recognition perfected in china

Samsungs new flagship
made in VIETNAM

No tax fer me

This thing is friggin insane

you can switch between android and a desktop mode ...the desktop mode is pretty good ...you can easily replace a notebook or laptop.
its really from friggin mars ..

I ordered the screen protectors but as im playing with it gotta get a c to hdmi...a triple hub that has a c to usb/usbc/hdmi

The samsung keyboard that was made for it .......worth the extra money .
sound and picture A++

and its got a neato pen ....i call it the tariff free trump pen

Made in Vietnam

I bought a galaxy tab s6 ....just released brand new top of the line ...in spying on ya .
Ill spend money on a top of the line computer or desktop that ill get a good 5 years out of but never on a tablet or phone .

I like to use it for music n shit around the house and I sometimes play one stupid game on it war robots
Im not really a video game guy but ive been playing since 2015 and I friggin rule .

I even keep a little crypto on it if i wanna pay for something with a little coin ...it never leaves the house anyway but the battery is going ....its draining super fast it aint got much longer ....sure i could of had the battery replaced but WTF.

SO like a retard the new tab s6 I pre-ordered it ....DIdnt even open the box yet ....got the keyboard case blah blah blha ...so im just out and about today I forgot i ordered it , i get the email it pops up on the alerts .....its at the store come get it ....i was only like 20 miles away the highways right there .I just dropped 800 bucks on it so frugal me goes i gotta go to Walmart for my 2 giant family packs of toilet paper Ill get a screen protector for 10 bucks why spend 39.99 at best bad buy ? right ? RIGHT !
best buy sucks ass I wish their was a micro center , frys or PC Richards down here somewhere .

The tab s6 box is "printed in Vietnam" ...I haven't opened the box Im gonna laugh my ass off if the tablet says made somewhere else besides china

BUT wait theirs more why did i mention walmart .. Big brother was running the facial recognition down at the walmart

Wait a second

The usual Walmart experience I go in for 2 things the cart has 100 dollars of shit in it BUT NO screen protector to be found ..no big deal ill just ebay one later

So as i'm checking out im looking up and theirs 32 inch monitors at every check out line..I said "hummm thats new" .They weren't their a week to 10 days ago..right in front of ya and right over head ...theirs a sign on each monitor with red lettering for security purposes ...so i'm looking at myself cause i'm pretty and take a wild guess whats starts going off ?

Their flashing yellow around everyone's heads! the lines next to me...the redneck behind me . FAGHEDABOUDDIT!
ive been very polite down here the last almost three years now ...my inner Brooklyn came out ...

The first words out of my mouth..... I dont know why was "YOU ****** mother fuckers" ..the checkout girl reeled in horror The redneck behind said bro !

...."MOTHER FUCKERS !"

Me and the redneck who I didn't even know layed in to this fucking half a fag tall geeky rat bastard..Now theirs 3 security guys behind us cause i'm irate and the redneck has totally joined in and is egging me on ....i'm being the nastiest white privileged prick new yorker i can be ....Im going on about communist china I thought this was the united states of america you communist fags blah blah blah blah blah !!!...security for thieves ? !!!! GO FUCK YOURSELF YOUR FULL OF SHIT!!! ya fuckin rat mother fucker blow it out your ass !

the security guys are getting closer ...i'm not a small guy ...i'm looking at midgets

I look the one guy right in the eye if you guys wanna try me take another step closer > go ahead ...wanna call the cops call the fuckin cops but take another step closer and all three of yas are gonna have a problem ....i said follow me outside we'll take it outside

they took a step back:auiqs.jpg: ...the rednecks know laughing his ass off ....i said dude we're in communist china the social credit scores are coming ...redneck responds "its scary man "

I left my cart the redneck and his wife walked OUT to ...we talked for about ten minutes afterwards they were very nice people .
I did without a wall mart for most of my life ...ill go drive to fag ass progressive target say hi to the tranny in the bathroom and buy him a gay rainbow sticker before I go back into walmart .....i'll just pay four more dollars for the goddamn case of toilet paper at a kroger

Utopia its on it way

Made in Vietnam

Just want to say, you make the best drunk post on this forum!

Is this what winning looks like? Did you notice that even a dummy like Bush wasn’t stupid enough to create trade wars with China? He actually listened to advisors who understood what they were talking about.

The tariffs ‘eliminate all remaining economic gains from the administration’s deregulation actions’
The $2,031 number is higher than other estimates because tariffs keep increasing.

In May, the New York Fed estimated a $831 cost to households from tariffs. J.P. Morgan estimated that tariffs that went into effect on September 1 would cost American households up to $1,000 per year. Additional tariffs on China went into effect on October 1, and more tariffs are set to kick in on December 15.

“If all tariffs threatened by the Trump administration are imposed, combined with the current tariffs in place, the annual cost to U.S. consumers would be $461.1 billion and the cost for the average household would be $3,614,” the report stated.

Trump tariffs are set to cost U.S. households $2,000 in 2020, research group finds
Get on your knees and beg Trump to surrender to China so you can have cheap crap....

Made in Vietnam

Wait a second

...."MOTHER FUCKERS !"

Utopia its on it way

Made in Vietnam

Just want to say, you make the best drunk post on this forum!
bia-chai-ha-noi.jpeg

Interesting how things made in Vietnam are acceptable but not things made in China.

Vietnam has an actual Communist government, which is one of the reasons we are not supposed to like China.

We have a trade deficit with Vietnam, which we are told is bad when it comes to China.

They have tariffs on our products, which is bad when China does it.

But fear not Trumpers, Vietnam might be Trump’s next target for more tariffs.

Show us how much more you have paid, and WHY you spent YOUR money that way

And what made you increase your prices?

Same as everyone, opportunity of the tariff threat. tRump made that happen.

I call bullshit.

So you are what you hate? Interesting.

You do realize that until Obama got elected, many leading Democrats vocally supported protectionism/higher tariffs, especially on China, right? Even under Obama, some Democrats, such as Chuck Schumer, openly called for a strongly protectionist trade policy toward China.

If tariffs are so bad, how did the U.S. become the world's leading economic powerhouse during all those decades when we had an ardently high-tariff trade policy? How'd that happen? How have and other nations prospered while following a high-tariff trade policy?

But now, reflexively, robotically, most Democrats whine about Trump's America-first high-tariff trade policy just because he's the one doing it.

067.jpg

Well, now, seeing as how America is the "world's leading economic powerhouse", one has to wonder:
2. Why the" world's greatest economic powerhouse" needs to start a trade war with China, and
3. Why isn't all the federal revenue from tariff taxes distributed back to the people who ultimately paid it to the government, the consumers?

I haven't the slightest idea of what you are talking about, but I find comfort in my secure knowledge that you don't either.

Of course you play coy, what else is new?

Once again the US was built on Tariffs, China and the rest of the developing countries have been using them forever on US goods, why the fuck do you think Trump did this?

I call bullshit.

Nah you're a liar.
You're not fit to run a kool aid stand.

You can't refute my hypothesis?

I dont think you know what that word means.

067.jpg

Once again the US was built on Tariffs, China and the rest of the developing countries have been using them forever on US goods, why the fuck do you think Trump did this?

Trump did this because regressive taxes on the poor and middle class are GOOD for you!

067.jpg

Trump did this because regressive taxes on the poor and middle class are GOOD for you!

Liar....

try buying a fucking Harley in china and see what the mark up is by tariffs, twat.......

oh wait you already know that china man troll

Liar....

try buying a fucking Harley in china and see what the mark up is by tariffs, twat.......

oh wait you already know that china man troll

So, Trump's tariffs are all about China's unfair trade practices, right? So, all those things that you buy where the price is up 30% because of Trump's punishment of china is good, even though the money came out of your pocket, right? So, why isn't trump returning that money to you in the form of income tax credits? Wow! is it because he intends for the government to keep the taxes that you paid for China?

NAWWWWWW!! He will return it to you as soon as Mexico sends him a check for the wall.

I'll ask again: If a high-tariff policy is so bad, how has China prospered by imposing sky-high tariffs? How did the U.S. become an economic powerhouse when we followed a high-tariff policy from Lincoln thru Ike?

And, how is a U.S. company supposed to compete with a Third World company that can pay its worker dirt wages with few if any benefits? Pay our workers dirt wages and cut their benefits? How is a U.S. company supposed to compete with a company in an industrialized nation that subsidizes that company and protects its prices with tariffs?

The value of high tariffs/protectionism used to be widely and commonly understood--until both parties largely adopted the globalist free trade agenda of no economic borders. If an open physical border is a bad idea, how is an open trade border a good idea? Thank goodness Trump has come along and broken that suicidal paradigm.

Forum List

Back