Trump Signs Bill Freeing Coal Up

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015
Trump signs bill undoing Obama coal mining rule

President Trump on Thursday signed legislation ending a key Obama administration coal mining rule.

The bill quashes the Office of Surface Mining's Stream Protection Rule, a regulation to protect waterways from coal mining waste that officials finalized in December.

The legislation is the second Trump has signed into law ending an Obama-era environmental regulation. On Tuesday, he signed a Congressional Review Act (CRA) resolution undoing a financial disclosure requirement for energy companies.

Both the mining and financial disclosure bills are the tip of a GOP push to undo a slate of regulations instituted in the closing days of the Obama administration. The House has passed several CRA resolutions, and the Senate has so far sent three of them to President Trump for his signature.

Trump, the moron, delivers on another promise.

West Virginia is now in his camp.

He'll get the rust belt soon.

Chuck Schumer will have to quit screwing Nancy Pelosi and come back to earth.

But the democrats say coal is dead.....

Coal mines coming to Somerset County

Somerset County, Pa. - Corsa Coal Corp. is opening the Acosta Deep underground mine in May. The opening of the new mine is expected to bring in 70 to 100 jobs.

Thursday, coal industry leaders met at the Somerset Country Club to talk about the industry and how President Trump's administration could bring more jobs back to the region.

The coal industry is looking to expand in Somerset County and new coal mine projects are underway, especially with the support expected to come from President Trump's administration.

Thursday, the White House is expected to ease current regulations on the coal industry.

"Had Trump not won the election, a lot of those people would have closed the door on investing in coal, which would be a tremendous pity not only for this region but for the country," said George Dethlefsen, CEO of Corsa Coal Corp.

Yep, the CRA had only been used once before in history, it has now been used twice this year, and counting.

President Trump on Thursday signed legislation ending a key Obama administration coal mining rule.

The bill quashes the Office of Surface Mining's Stream Protection Rule, a regulation to protect waterways from coal mining waste that officials finalized in December.

The legislation is the second Trump has signed into law ending an Obama-era environmental regulation. On Tuesday, he signed a Congressional Review Act (CRA) resolution undoing a financial disclosure requirement for energy companies.

Both the mining and financial disclosure bills are the tip of a GOP push to undo a slate of regulations instituted in the closing days of the Obama administration. The House has passed several CRA resolutions, and the Senate has so far sent three of them to President Trump for his signature.

Who needs the environment anyway?

Yeah, poor people can live with rubbish and shit all around them. It won't be Trump's home that suffers.

• Banned

Yeah, poor people can live with rubbish and shit all around them. It won't be Trump's home that suffers.

You live in West Virginia ?

Didn't think so.

A new mine in Somerset and the jobs that come with it is welcomed news for the county.

Didn't think so.

I'm not going to tell you where I live.

• Banned

Didn't think so.

Didn't think so.

You know nothing about what these laws reverse.

Coal won't save West Virginia the same way steel wouldn't save Pittsburgh. WV has to adapt the same way Pittsburgh did.

We survived 240 years without that regulation, the feds have no right to regulate every drop of water and square inch of land in this country.

We survived 240 years without that regulation, the feds have no right to regulate every drop of water and square inch of land in this country.

Well, the left thinks so.....

Somehow they think their own mental deficiencies are related to the environment and refuse to accept that most of them were dropped on their heads as infants.

Didn't think so.

Didn't think so.

But that doesn't stop you making wild assumptions though, does it?

Didn't think so.

Didn't think so.

Thanks for letting us know for sure.

Didn't think so.

Didn't think so.

Do you really think I'm stupid enough to give people like you personal information?

Well, the left thinks so.....

Somehow they think their own mental deficiencies are related to the environment and refuse to accept that most of them were dropped on their heads as infants.

429085_325772217475790_244753448911001_930615_413120988_n.jpg

Didn't think so.

Didn't think so.

Do you really think I'm stupid enough to give people like you personal information?

What are you wearing?

Didn't think so.

Didn't think so.

I don't recall asking for personal information. I asked if you lived in a state.

Do I think you are stupid ?

Yes.

Didn't think so.

I don't recall asking for personal information. I asked if you lived in a state.

Yes.

Wow, the insults come out. Right, time for the ignore list. You clearly don't have anything worth saying.

Didn't think so.

Yes.

Wow, the insults come out. Right, time for the ignore list. You clearly don't have anything worth saying.

Thank you.

Didn't think so.

Yes.

Forum List

Back