Trump set to roll back Obama's clean water rule

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Yet one more piece of Obama's legacy falls by the wayside. This will return power to the hands of the landowners.

"The Trump administration is expected to complete on Thursday a new rule that rolls back parts of the 2015 clean water rule that expanded federal authority over the nation’s streams, rivers and wetlands...."

"...The new rule would reduce the number of waterways the federal government can protect from pollution, as it seeks to appease industry groups and conservative lawmakers who criticized the regulations as a federal land grab that created uncertainty for industry and landowners.

Opponents have also argued the 2015 rule encroached on private property rights and subjected small farmers to added government scrutiny and the risk of legal entanglements."

Trump administration expected to roll back clean water rule

wanting clean water totally escapes me - I mean WHY? Thats got to be the biggest nightmare on the planet.

:rolleyes:

wanting clean water totally escapes me - I mean WHY? Thats got to be the biggest nightmare on the planet.

the peasants can just buy bottled water like everyone else

speaking of bottle water on a Trump thread -

he bought a bottle water company that was doing really good - then it went kaput - he changed the name and the only place it sold now is in his resorts .

It was unconstitutional. I know you dont care about abuse of power but that's what it was. States already have protections.
You fuckin retards were whining about the bears when trump gave regulatory power back to Alaska too.

Clean water is obviously stupid. We can spend millions later on cleaning it up.

It was unconstitutional. I know you dont care about abuse of power but that's what it was. States already have protections.
You fuckin retards were whining about the bears when trump gave regulatory power back to Alaska too.

hey - I'm all for you taking a shower and your dick falls off.

You seem to be under the false impression that the rule somehow gave you clean water or ensured that your water would be cleaner.

You are very naive.

Last edited:
Yet one more piece of Obama's legacy falls by the wayside. This will return power to the hands of the landowners.

"The Trump administration is expected to complete on Thursday a new rule that rolls back parts of the 2015 clean water rule that expanded federal authority over the nation’s streams, rivers and wetlands...."

"...The new rule would reduce the number of waterways the federal government can protect from pollution, as it seeks to appease industry groups and conservative lawmakers who criticized the regulations as a federal land grab that created uncertainty for industry and landowners.

Opponents have also argued the 2015 rule encroached on private property rights and subjected small farmers to added government scrutiny and the risk of legal entanglements."

Yeah, who wants clean water.

Because ...who needs clean water...right?

You seem to be under the false impression that the rule somehow gave you clean water or ensured that your water would be cleaner.

You are very naive.

Ensured? Of course not, there will always be crass and careless people.

.The new rule would reduce the number of waterways the federal government can protect from pollution, as it seeks to appease industry groups and conservative lawmakers who criticized the regulations as a federal land grab that created uncertainty for industry and landowners.

As always there are rules put in place that should be labeled over kill, still would prefer to much protection over allowing company's to throw there trash in our streams & rivers so they can make a few more dollars instead of having to do more costly clean up. we are all dead with out drinkable water, so that's the bottom line.

rollcall should take more care in the use of its language. The protections that the federal government provide is not lessened by returning property rights back to the property owners. There are still significant regulations and laws in place that ensure that any polluting of waters and waterways will be met with harsh penalties. As they should be.

At least Trump didn't pollute the animal river, like Obama did.
Trump is scum he wants no clean water no clean air and he wants to give Iran billions??
  • President Donald Trump is reportedly considering a French plan to allow a $15 billion credit for Iran should it come back and comply with the Iran nuclear deal, according to US and foreign officials.
  • The plan was originally floated by French officials but was contingent on US approval.
  • Trump has recently lightened his stance and appeared to open to the idea of making a deal with Iran — a similar position he conveyed to the North Korean regime.
  • Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump is reportedly considering a French plan to allow a $15 billion credit for Iran should it come back and comply with the Iran nuclear deal, according to US and foreign officials cited in a Daily Beast report.

The plan was originally floated by French officials but was contingent on the US's approval of issuing waivers for its sanctions. French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves le Drian said earlier this month that the credit line would be backed by Iran's oil revenues, and that negotiations on the matter were ongoing.

Four people with knowledge of the matter said to The Daily Beast that Trump was entertaining the proposition, which would be a turn from his prior position on the matter. Trump's rhetoric towards the Iranian regime has mostly unwavered — from slapping heavy sanctions against Iran, to successfully pulling the US out of the nuclear deal dating back to former President Barack Obama's administration in 2015.
What the hell does that have to do with Obama polluting a river? Anyway Obama gave Iran the resources and time to build a nuclear weapon.
but they weren't building until the moron tore up the agreement Don't you ah's get it ?? Obama made trump look like the scumbag he is and trump the bully will tear down all the good obama did in retaliation

how is the water dirty, other than there are rocks and dirt in it, that actually cleans water, it's a natural filter. what is it would make it dirty?

Forum List

Back