Trump send US Army to raid Google and CNN in simultaneous sting operation.

He's not smart enough to even know what SETI is.
Where do you get your information?

Where do I get my information? A myriad of places. I watch a little FOX news (to find out the conservative talking points), a bit of CNN, and MSNBC. I also check out the BBC on occasion to see what is going on in the rest of the world. As far as internet information? Any news source that I trust (like the AP, among others), and I bounce the stories I've read against each other to see if it's true or not. If they all agree, chances are, it really happened.

As far as where do I get my information about Angelo being an idiot? That comes from the posts he leaves here on USMB. I don't put anyone on ignore, because even a blind pig will find a truffle every now and again.

Oh, "Truther" and "Truth" have nothing to do with each other.
Apparently you don't like the truth? Correct? Unless it comes from an official source, no matter that the source(s) have an agenda- got it.

"We can't let them steal our election."
View attachment 427126

1607559534414.png

Apparently you don't like the truth? Correct? Unless it comes from an official source, no matter that the source(s) have an agenda- got it.

Truth is great. Alas, 'Truthers' have nothing to do with it.
I think we must differentiate between "facts" and "truth."

One person's "truth," is another person's "conspiracy theory," though they may both be based on the same facts, yet they be wildly interpreted differently.

2013-08-12-Point-of-View-Quote.png

One person's "truth," is another person's "conspiracy theory," though they may both be based on the same facts, yet they be wildly interpreted differently.

I'm more partial to the 'in accordance with fact or reality' kind of Truth.

And in that, Truthers are sorely lacking.

No, what you are, is devoid of anything but the position that science can solve all questions, and it is the final arbitrator of truth, which, it is not.

The default position you assume, is the only path to "truth" is through "logical positivism," which, of course, is a fallacy. You cannot disregard the philosophical outlook of the entire rest of, not only western civilization, but also eastern civilization, just because they do not share your POV on truth.

Don't be absurd.

No, what you are, is devoid of anything but the position that science can solve all questions, and it is the final arbitrator of truth, which, it is not.

The default position you assume, is the only path to "truth" is through "logical positivism," which, of course, is a fallacy. You cannot disregard the philosophical outlook of the entire rest of, not only western civilization, but also eastern civilization, just because they do not share your POV on truth.

Don't be absurd.

Can you propose a better process for figuring out how 911 occurred?

By all means, allow philosophy to enlighten us. And use neither science nor logical positivism.

Forum List

Back