Trump saves 1,000 jobs over two weeks, miracle, Obama creates 7,200 a day, he's a failure

So it cost seven thousand dollars per job?

Hmmm, and the lost tax revenue from one thousand workers would have amounted to how much?

Not to mention the lost income in the community which meant less money spent at local establishments would have cost the State of Indiana, the Local community and the Federal Government how much?

I know you would prefer the fifteen hour per week job where you are given your food stamp card and the government pays for your housing but you know that seven thousand per job will come back in taxes from all those that are employed along with keeping the community running which will generate more tax revenue.

What am I writing it was bad that Mike Pence and the State of Indiana saved those jobs and did not allow those workers to become part-time workers making minimum wage while collecting social welfare!
That's 7,000 per job not being used on schools, on roads, on infrastructure, on education. It's a company which was already profitable who is screwing America just to squeeze out a few more bucks.

Good deal.

7,000 a job is not sustainable. Period. It never will be.

Seriously rderp so that is more than 2.2 billion dollars?

Obama clean energy loans leave taxpayers in $2.2 billion hole
By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Monday, April 27, 2015
Taxpayers are on the hook for more than $2.2 billion in expected costs from the federal government’s energy loan guarantee programs, according to a new audit Monday that suggests the controversial projects may not pay for themselves, as officials had promised.
No link?

By far the STUPIDEST thing Tramp said while bragging about losing 1,300 jobs was, "Companies are not going to leave the United States anymore without consequences," and those "consequences" were $7 million in tax favors for sending 1,300 jobs to Mexico. What a great dealmaker Tramp is!

By far the STUPIDEST thing Tramp said while bragging about losing 1,300 jobs was, "Companies are not going to leave the United States anymore without consequences," and those "consequences" were $7 million in tax favors for sending 1,300 jobs to Mexico. What a great dealmaker Tramp is!
I know, right? And he's giving a "Trump Adoration" rally tonight.

I know, right? And he's giving a "Trump Adoration" rally tonight.
he loves sucking his own peter

Hmmm, and the lost tax revenue from one thousand workers would have amounted to how much?

Not to mention the lost income in the community which meant less money spent at local establishments would have cost the State of Indiana, the Local community and the Federal Government how much?

I know you would prefer the fifteen hour per week job where you are given your food stamp card and the government pays for your housing but you know that seven thousand per job will come back in taxes from all those that are employed along with keeping the community running which will generate more tax revenue.

What am I writing it was bad that Mike Pence and the State of Indiana saved those jobs and did not allow those workers to become part-time workers making minimum wage while collecting social welfare!
That's 7,000 per job not being used on schools, on roads, on infrastructure, on education. It's a company which was already profitable who is screwing America just to squeeze out a few more bucks.

Good deal.

Seriously rderp so that is more than 2.2 billion dollars?

Obama clean energy loans leave taxpayers in $2.2 billion hole
By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times - Monday, April 27, 2015
Taxpayers are on the hook for more than $2.2 billion in expected costs from the federal government’s energy loan guarantee programs, according to a new audit Monday that suggests the controversial projects may not pay for themselves, as officials had promised.
No link?

Dont know how to google?

Come on, you gotta admit it's hilarious. Trump has been working on this for the last couple of weeks. Carrier, instead of moving 1,700 jobs to Mexico, they are moving only 700 and all it cost was 7 million. That translates into a cost of $7,000.00 per job. That makes Trump a hero. A Gawd. A miracle worker.

In November, the economy produced, under President Obama, 216,000 jobs. That seven thousand two hundred per day. And he's a failure.

And there is no contract that these workers will even keep their jobs. Carrier is pouring 16 million into the plant to upgrade the infrastructure. These days, what does that mean?

Danger Will Robinson:

robot.gif

What America thinks it's getting under Trump:

motorolatexas-14.jpg

What America is really getting under Trump:

image-20141215-24297-6jsbmp.jpg

If you don't put it into a contract, you have no real deal. You just have a subsidized business with no promises. And no jobs. Oops.

The con man cons America and the Alt Right buys what the Scam Artist is selling. At least for now.

That translates into a cost of $7,000.00 per job. That makes Trump a hero. A Gawd. A miracle worker.

How many jobs did Obama save with his $800 billion slush fund...err...stimulus?

In November, the economy produced, under President Obama, 216,000 jobs. That seven thousand two hundred per day. And he's a failure.

Pretty much.
I don't know. How many people work in the auto industry?

Why would you confuse TARP with the Obama "stimulus"?

Come on, you gotta admit it's hilarious. Trump has been working on this for the last couple of weeks. Carrier, instead of moving 1,700 jobs to Mexico, they are moving only 700 and all it cost was 7 million. That translates into a cost of $7,000.00 per job. That makes Trump a hero. A Gawd. A miracle worker.

And there is no contract that these workers will even keep their jobs. Carrier is pouring 16 million into the plant to upgrade the infrastructure. These days, what does that mean?

Danger Will Robinson:

robot.gif

motorolatexas-14.jpg

If you don't put it into a contract, you have no real deal. You just have a subsidized business with no promises. And no jobs. Oops.

The con man cons America and the Alt Right buys what the Scam Artist is selling. At least for now.

That translates into a cost of $7,000.00 per job. That makes Trump a hero. A Gawd. A miracle worker.

Pretty much.

You are going to talk bad about the $300 per person stimulus check now? Didn't it come out that it boosted the economy more than is costed?

Good deal.

What if all companies said they were leaving and only a tax break would get them to stay?? What would dump do then?

Give them all tax breaks. That's what needs to happen anyway.
Part of Trump's plan is to lower Corporate Tax from 35% to 15%.

So last year, United Technologies, the owner of Carrier, paid 9%. The previous 4 years they paid 10%.

WTF?

So last year, United Technologies, the owner of Carrier, paid 9%.

Wow! That's incredibly bad math. Please show your work.

Good deal.

What if all companies said they were leaving and only a tax break would get them to stay?? What would dump do then?

Give them all tax breaks. That's what needs to happen anyway.
Part of Trump's plan is to lower Corporate Tax from 35% to 15%.

So last year, United Technologies, the owner of Carrier, paid 9%. The previous 4 years they paid 10%.

WTF?

Yeah, and as I posted in another thread... most of their income is kept overseas and they use a Federal law to keep from paying taxes indefinitely on it...

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-carrier-jobs-913348bbf46#.wfdof3flv
Twice before companies were given a tax holiday by Republicans hoping they would bring the money back and use it to invest in American companies.
Instead, it went into investors accounts and just sat there. No new jobs were created. We have been duped by that twice. I guess third time is the charm.

What is needed is some new creativity. To get people with imagination into positions. Not just money movers and money counters.

Twice before companies were given a tax holiday by Republicans hoping they would bring the money back and use it to invest in American companies.
Instead, it went into investors accounts and just sat there.

Companies brought money back, paid the tax on it and gave it to their shareholders.

I can see why that makes you sad.

No new jobs were created.

People had more money but no jobs were created?
You should retake that Econ 101 class you failed.

Danger Will Robinson:

robot.gif

motorolatexas-14.jpg

Pretty much.

You are going to talk bad about the $300 per person stimulus check now? Didn't it come out that it boosted the economy more than is costed?

You are going to talk bad about the $300 per person stimulus check now?

Yes, checks like that are pointless.

Didn't it come out that it boosted the economy more than is costed?

No.

Danger Will Robinson:

robot.gif

motorolatexas-14.jpg

Pretty much.

No.

Picture or it didn't happen.

Pretty much.

No.

What didn't happen?

And now, the details come out.

What just happened with Carrier is crazy

Trump saved 1000 jobs by quadrupling the Indiana tax break that Carrier had previously turned down. Hell, he is throwing money at Carrier just for threatening to leave, and it isn't even federal money! Indiana is going to have to make up the shortfall!

Way to deal, Trump! Give state taxpayer money to major corporations already worth billions of dollars, while taking credit for the "deal" which will be paid for by every Indiana taxpayer! I predict that corporations are going to be announcing daily, from here on out, that they are leaving, too, and demanding more money from government to stop them from doing so!

No.

What didn't happen?

that it didn't help stimulate the economy.

Trump saved 1000 jobs by quadrupling the Indiana tax break that Carrier had previously turned down. Hell, he is throwing money at Carrier just for threatening to leave, and it isn't even federal money! Indiana is going to have to make up the shortfall!

Way to deal, Trump! Give state taxpayer money to major corporations already worth billions of dollars, while taking credit for the "deal" which will be paid for by every Indiana taxpayer! I predict that corporations are going to be announcing daily, from here on out, that they are leaving too, and demanding more money from government to stop them from doing so!

I'm thinking about starting a company just to announce I'm leaving.

Way to deal, Trump! Give state taxpayer money to major corporations already worth billions of dollars, while taking credit for the "deal" which will be paid for by every Indiana taxpayer! I predict that corporations are going to be announcing daily, from here on out, that they are leaving too, and demanding more money from government to stop them from doing so!

I have already sent Trump an email that I am moving to Mexico, and leaving a hole in the economy of Safeway, my barber, and a couple of restaurants, unless he increases my SS by $50 per month!

I have already sent Trump an email that I am moving to Mexico, and leaving a hole in the economy of Safeway, my barber, and a couple of restaurants, unless he increases my SS by $50 per month!

Just $50? You should ask for more.

No.

What didn't happen?

Why would a one time check for $300 stimulate the economy?

No.

What didn't happen?

Really? Look it up.

No.

What didn't happen?

Really? Look it up.

If you feel it did, please share your evidence.

Forum List

Back