Trump rescinds NBA Curry's White House invite after 'statement' remark

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Too many Snowflakes in sports nowadays. I recall Tim Thomas, a goalie for the Boston Bruins, refused to go to the WH when they won the Cup. I disagreed with it, even as he disagreed with Obama. You suck it up. Accept the invite and visit accordingly. Why bring your own politics into it?

The Whitehouse is more than one man or party. Such weak, flimsy characters. Curry is an enormous talent, but buddy, you just throw a ball into a hoop, you're not jumping out of an airplane into enemy territory and protecting the Free World

President Trump on Saturday rescinded Golden State Warrior star Stephen Curry’s invitation to the White House, after Curry suggested he doesn’t want to go to the Washington event that will honor his team’s 2016-2017 NBA championship.

“Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team. Stephen Curry is hesitating, therefore invitation is withdrawn!” Trump tweeted Saturday morning.

On Friday, Curry told ESPN that he doesn’t want to go the White House event but that the team will decide collectively.

He also seemed to suggest that not going would be part of the resist-Trump movement, saying the move would give the Warriors “an opportunity to send a statement that hopefully encourages unity, encourages us to appreciate what it means to be American, and stand for something.”

Whether Trump has rescinded just Curry or the entire team’s invitation is unclear.

Championship-winning teams attending the White House ceremony has become an increasingly political issue since Trump became president.

I started attending, listening to and watching professional sports in 1948. I was a baseball and football fanatical junky up until about 10 years ago when I started weaning myself from pro sports. Today I will only follow local high school sports, little league sports and any college sports whose teams forbid political displays. If more people would take note and do the same, those teams would put a stop to the displays. Today it looks as more people are. I see that attendance is down dramatically and the leagues are very concerned. Good show!

Did Obama revoke Thomas' invitation? I do not think so; A Dump is so thin skinned he probably through a fit.

"they" "we", too much divisive rhetoric from many political bents.

Too many Snowflakes in sports nowadays. I recall Tim Thomas, a goalie for the Boston Bruins, refused to go to the WH when they won the Cup. I disagreed with it, even as he disagreed with Obama. You suck it up. Accept the invite and visit accordingly. Why bring your own politics into it?

The Whitehouse is more than one man or party. Such weak, flimsy characters. Curry is an enormous talent, but buddy, you just throw a ball into a hoop, you're not jumping out of an airplane into enemy territory and protecting the Free World

President Trump on Saturday rescinded Golden State Warrior star Stephen Curry’s invitation to the White House, after Curry suggested he doesn’t want to go to the Washington event that will honor his team’s 2016-2017 NBA championship.

“Going to the White House is considered a great honor for a championship team. Stephen Curry is hesitating, therefore invitation is withdrawn!” Trump tweeted Saturday morning.

On Friday, Curry told ESPN that he doesn’t want to go the White House event but that the team will decide collectively.

He also seemed to suggest that not going would be part of the resist-Trump movement, saying the move would give the Warriors “an opportunity to send a statement that hopefully encourages unity, encourages us to appreciate what it means to be American, and stand for something.”

Whether Trump has rescinded just Curry or the entire team’s invitation is unclear.

Championship-winning teams attending the White House ceremony has become an increasingly political issue since Trump became president.

Trump reportedly then said "na na boo boo" and that Steph Curry wasn't allowed at his birthday party.

I love what LaBron James said about it.....:lol:

For the record, Lebron is the ultimate, entitled Snowflake. Even current and former BBall players think so.

Also, he openly supported the losing candidate in last election. He will forever be associated with that.

What these pampered ultra wealthy athletes fail to realize is that the flag they disrespect represents the 250,000 young Union Soldiers who died to free the salves, (that is the equivalent of 2.5 million today) as well as the 500,000 who died to free us all of the Nazi menace.

Forum List

Back