Trump Relieved

eddiew

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Trump Tremendously Relieved That KKK Ties Did Not Hurt Him in Alabama
By Andy Borowitz, The New Yorker

02 March 16

rsn_editorcomment_01.jpg
The article below is satire. Andy Borowitz is an American comedian and New York Times-bestselling author who satirizes the news for his column, "The Borowitz Report."
rsn_editorcomment_02.jpg

rsn-T.jpg
he Republican front-runner, Donald Trump, said on Tuesday night that he was “tremendously relieved” that the recent controversy linking him to the Ku Klux Klan had apparently not hurt him with voters in Alabama.

“I’m not a worrier by nature, but I must admit I was worried about this,” Trump told reporters. “The minute that that K.K.K. business started up, my main fear was, ‘I sure hope this doesn’t upset voters in Alabama.’ ”

After the Alabama returns came in showing him romping to an easy victory in the Yellowhammer State, Trump said, “I sighed a huge sigh of relief.”

Trump pointed to exit polls showing that ninety-seven per cent of Alabamans who voted for him were aware that he had been praised by the former K.K.K. leader David Duke “and voted for me anyway.”

“The fact that they knew I was endorsed by the K.K.K. but were able to look beyond it says something great about them,” he said. “I guess I was worried about nothing.”

does anyone really care about Trump VS KKK? Americans are more concerned that Hillary is half man/half dog/half confused all the time.

does anyone really care about Trump VS KKK? Americans are more concerned that Hillary is half man/half dog/half confused all the time.
says a typical republican voter god forbid my children grow up in a repub dominated country

says a typical republican voter god forbid my children grow up in a repub dominated country

So you'd rather support a party that was responsible during the last century for the lynching of blacks, i.e. Democrats?
Read what a former adviser to Obama said:
VAN JONES: You know, I don't understand why the right-wing is so obsessed with trying to point out that the Ku Klux Klan, you know, 50, 60, 70 years ago was a part of the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party, in that time, was a racist party and there were violent elements.
http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/03/02/cnns-van-jones-blasts-jeffrey-lords-continued-d/208950

So why didn't the reporters ask Van Jones (born in 1968)if he knew In 1964 three Mississippi civil rights workers were lynched - abducted, shot and killed by KKK members including Neshoba County law enforcement. These galvanized national public support for federal civil rights and Congress passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 ending segregation, and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 to enforce constitutional rights to vote.

THE LAST TIME any lynching by KKK has occurred was during the Presidency of a Democrat !

Also who signed the Civil Rights Act of 1965??
six Senate Republicans to vote against the bill in 1964,
while 21 Senate Democrats opposed it. It passed by an overall vote of 73-27.
Nearly 4 times as many Democrat Senators OPPOSED the bill!

In the House, 96 Democrats and 34 Republicans voted against the Civil Rights Act, passing with an overall 290-130 vote.
Nearly 3 times more Democrat Representatives then GOP OPPOSED the bill!
While most Democrats in both chambers voted for it, the bulk of the opposition still was from Democrats.

Time magazine even largely credited Senate Minority Leader Everett Dirksen (R-Ill.) for pushing the sweeping legislation through, putting him on the cover after final passage.
Who’s Really Responsible for the Civil Rights Act?

So again where is the ANGST about the democrat party supporting the KKK and lynching of blacks?

i heard that interview, Well, we have had a reversal? really, Democrats went from hating blacks in the 60's/70's,,then all of a sudden sudden supporting them? as if Bill and Hillary really like black people,,,its so obvious they dont care for blacks, just pretend to like black people to gain their votes,,,duh!

So you'd rather support a party that was responsible during the last century for the lynching of blacks, i.e. Democrats?
VAN JONES: You know, I don't understand why the right-wing is so obsessed with trying to point out that the Ku Klux Klan, you know, 50, 60, 70 years ago was a part of the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party, in that time, was a racist party and there were violent elements.
CNN's Van Jones Blasts Jeffrey Lord's Continued Defense Of Trump's Affiliation With White Supremacists

So why didn't the reporters ask Van Jones (born in 1968)if he knew In 1964 three Mississippi civil rights workers were lynched - abducted, shot and killed by KKK members including Neshoba County law enforcement. These galvanized national public support for federal civil rights and Congress passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 ending segregation, and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 to enforce constitutional rights to vote.

THE LAST TIME any lynching by KKK has occurred was during the Presidency of a Democrat !

In the House, 96 Democrats and 34 Republicans voted against the Civil Rights Act, passing with an overall 290-130 vote.
While most Democrats in both chambers voted for it, the bulk of the opposition still was from Democrats.

Time magazine even largely credited Senate Minority Leader Everett Dirksen (R-Ill.) for pushing the sweeping legislation through, putting him on the cover after final passage.

So again where is the ANGST about the democrat party supporting the KKK and lynching of blacks?

that was then health,,,this is NOW ....what were once dem views are now all republican Ever notice where your KKK is where the hate blacks movements are?? YES in the RED states all Republican.....you think 94 95 percent of blacks vote dem because they're all stupid ...you probably will give the pub bs about they don't want the welfare to stop

CNN's Van Jones Blasts Jeffrey Lord's Continued Defense Of Trump's Affiliation With White Supremacists

Which KKK group in the last 25 years has been supportive of a Dem president? Now this year, you know actual current time, we have the KKK endorsing Trump. Sorry but that trumps (pun intended) your old news

Which KKK group in the last 25 years has been supportive of a Dem president? Now this year, you know actual current time, we have the KKK endorsing Trump. Sorry but that trumps (pun intended) your old news

My guess disgruntled is that more than half of trump voters are racists

that was then health,,,this is NOW ....what were once dem views are now all republican Ever notice where your KKK is where the hate blacks movements are?? YES in the RED states all Republican.....you think 94 95 percent of blacks vote dem because they're all stupid ...you probably will give the pub bs about they don't want the welfare to stop

You are right! That WAS THEN! But THEN the Democrats endorsed KKK's lynching of blacks. THEN....
Today NOT ONE GOP endorses KKK INCLUDING TRUMP! More importantly when was the last black lynched by the KKK?

Under a Democrat President who said:

In "Flawed Giant", Johnson biographer Robert Dallek writes that Johnson explained his decision to nominate Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court rather than a less famous black judge by saying, “when I appoint a ****** to the bench, I want everybody to know he’s a ******.
Lyndon Johnson was a civil rights hero. But also a racist.

So yea that was then... BUT where do the Democrats get off on touting their "blackness" support when THEY unknown obviously to the vast majority of blacks
were the party of lynchings!
Phony people just pandering for votes....

You are right! That WAS THEN! But THEN the Democrats endorsed KKK's lynching of blacks. THEN....
Today NOT ONE GOP endorses KKK INCLUDING TRUMP! More importantly when was the last black lynched by the KKK?

Under a Democrat President who said:

In "Flawed Giant", Johnson biographer Robert Dallek writes that Johnson explained his decision to nominate Thurgood Marshall to the Supreme Court rather than a less famous black judge by saying, “when I appoint a ****** to the bench, I want everybody to know he’s a ******.
Lyndon Johnson was a civil rights hero. But also a racist.

So yea that was then... BUT where do the Democrats get off on touting their "blackness" support when THEY unknown obviously to the vast majority of blacks
were the party of lynchings!
Phony people just pandering for votes....

So I guess that the slave states ALL supporting republicans is just a coincidence??

Your punctuation and grammar is ronpauling.

Senator KKK Byrd actually represented the Dems.

Forum List

Back