Trump Punks out

edward37

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2017
ASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said he is postponing his State of the Union address until the partial government shutdown ends, yielding after a weeklong showdown with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Following a high-stakes game of dare and double-dare, Trump conceded Wednesday night that "no venue that can compete with the history, tradition and importance of the House Chamber." He said he was not looking for an alternate option after Pelosi served notice earlier in the day that he wouldn't be allowed to deliver the address to a joint session of Congress next week.

Pelosi had taken the step after Trump said he planned to show up in spite of Democratic objections to the speech taking place with large swaths of the government shut down.

Denied that grand venue, Trump promised to come up with some sort of alternative event. The White House scrambled to find a site matching the gravitas of the traditional address from the rostrum of the House to lawmakers from both parties, Supreme Court justices, invited guests and a television audience of millions.

"As the Shutdown was going on, Nancy Pelosi asked me to give the State of the Union Address. I agreed," Trump tweeted shortly after 11 p.m. EST. "She then changed her mind because of the Shutdown, suggesting a later date. This is her prerogative - I will do the Address when the Shutdown is over."

He should give the speech on the 29th. He doesn't need the House. He can give that speech anywhere.

That's what I'd do.

It seems he is betting that the shutdown will end sooner rather than later. If he gets $5.7b from the dems x-wall, and the Senate Bill has some wall funding, or Trump can legally find wall funding elsewhere, they can pass the Budget and end the shutdown. Trump wants the real venue and I don't blame him.

It seems he is betting that the shutdown will end sooner rather than later. If he gets $5.7b from the dems x-wall, and the Senate Bill has some wall funding, or Trump can legally find wall funding elsewhere, they can pass the Budget and end the shutdown. Trump wants the real venue and I don't blame him.
Yes he does but how many bodies, how much hurt is he delivering to achieve his ego healing?

Until Pelosi sobers up caring about our government workers and border security. The sotu will happen.

Until Pelosi sobers up caring about our government workers and border security. The sotu will happen.
Trump will fight on until all your blood is shed And just thinking WHEN he opens govt again how many of his friends and family will know in advance so they can get richer?? Don't put anything by this lying skunk

So a tired old unimportant speech, where partisans get up and clap like trained seals at regular intervals, gets postponed.

BFD.
ever happen before ? First this then a record shutdown then companies getting hurt with his tariffs When will republicans yank his sorry ass out of the WH ?

here comes another carbon copy of his campaign rhetoric ..

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

ASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said he is postponing his State of the Union address until the partial government shutdown ends, yielding after a weeklong showdown with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Following a high-stakes game of dare and double-dare, Trump conceded Wednesday night that "no venue that can compete with the history, tradition and importance of the House Chamber." He said he was not looking for an alternate option after Pelosi served notice earlier in the day that he wouldn't be allowed to deliver the address to a joint session of Congress next week.

Pelosi had taken the step after Trump said he planned to show up in spite of Democratic objections to the speech taking place with large swaths of the government shut down.

Denied that grand venue, Trump promised to come up with some sort of alternative event. The White House scrambled to find a site matching the gravitas of the traditional address from the rostrum of the House to lawmakers from both parties, Supreme Court justices, invited guests and a television audience of millions.

"As the Shutdown was going on, Nancy Pelosi asked me to give the State of the Union Address. I agreed," Trump tweeted shortly after 11 p.m. EST. "She then changed her mind because of the Shutdown, suggesting a later date. This is her prerogative - I will do the Address when the Shutdown is over."
Trump does not want to go down in history as the only President who was not allowed to give the SOTU in the House chamber. He does not want that legacy.

I'm glad he made the right decision, and it should not be rubbed in his face.

He now looks bigger than Pelosi in my book. This was a cheap shot by Pelosi.

So a tired old unimportant speech, where partisans get up and clap like trained seals at regular intervals, gets postponed.

BFD.
ever happen before ? First this then a record shutdown then companies getting hurt with his tariffs When will republicans yank his sorry ass out of the WH ?
Still couldn't care less about the stupid speech, no matter how many irrelevancies you want to toss about.

wtf can he talk about that he hasnt already lied about 1000 times ?

LOLOLOLOL!

Trump is down on his knees!!!!

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 14h14 hours ago
  1. As the Shutdown was going on, Nancy Pelosi asked me to give the State of the Union Address. I agreed. She then changed her mind because of the Shutdown, suggesting a later date. This is her prerogative - I will do the Address when the Shutdown is over. I am not looking for an....

26,524 replies17,244 retweets76,926 likes
  2. Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 14h14 hours ago
    ....alternative venue for the SOTU Address because there is no venue that can compete with the history, tradition and importance of the House Chamber. I look forward to giving a “great” State of the Union Address in the near future!

27,783 replies16,546 retweets47,168 likes

Forum List

Back