Trump on changing 20$ bill

This reeks of political correctness. George Washington owned slaves. How long before he is removed from currency? Like it or not this is our nation's past and no one today had anything to do with it. You can put blacks on currency, name buildings after them and get rid of the confederate flag 10 times over and it won't erase the past. This just feels forced with time wasted for no real reason or than we want to remove a white man and add a black woman. In any event, this makes no difference to me. As long as Democrats keep blacks on the Liberal plantation whites will own more of these Harriet Tubman twenties anyway.

Trump:

"I would love to leave Andrew Jackson and see if we can maybe come up with another denomination. Maybe we do the $2 bill or we do another bill. I don't like seeing it. Yes, I think it's pure political correctness,” Trump said.

Donald Trump Wants Harriet Tubman on $2 Bill

Oprah:
“That was my first choice. My second choice was Sojourner Truth… I’m not going to cry here for AP, but I think that’s the best choice. That is the choice for America.”

But while she celebrated the decision noting that now people will know who Tubman was and what she did for slaves, she bemoaned the fact that in a decade it won’t matter since she feels using paper currency will probably be obsolete.

Oprah Responds To Harriet Tubman On The $20 Bill

One seeks to normalize an American hero, the other seeks to use it like club over the heads of the US about something that has been dealt with, digested and implemented in every aspect of society.

Tubbys will ,make great doodle paper. Get ready for the racist graffiti. How long before someone pens a noose around her neck?

Lew is treasury sec. FED doesn't have a say I don't think.

The American Leftists dream for the dollar bills.....Marx and Lenin, their spiritual heroes.

Dollar_Marx.jpg

upload_2016-4-21_21-8-58.jpeg

She was a great supporter of the Second Amendment, a sign of a true American patriot...

Who is against this ? And why?

I've always been against this kind of thing. Why do we need to change our currency? I remember, as a young boy, encyclopedias and textbooks would have all the currency denominations pictured. We can't be doing that anymore because it changes so often now. We went through my entire childhood without any major change in our currency. I think dollar coins changed and then we had the bicentennial quarters. I don't recall any bills changing... maybe they did and I am not remembering it. But now, it seems like every year or so, we're introducing a new look.

WHY????

Look... We're nearly 20 trillion dollars in debt... We've got people in this country who can't afford to eat... All kinds of major pressing issues we should be addressing... and we're blowing billions of dollars on re-printing our currency every other year. Does anyone have any idea how much it costs to re-tool the dies at the mint, to have new engravings done, to add all these elaborate security features and special inks? How many poor kids could we feed? How much debt could we pay off? It just seems very wasteful and pointless... we don't GET anything from it.

fn91jr.jpg

Just make sure you save the three dollar bill for me.

Who is against this ? And why?

I've always been against this kind of thing. Why do we need to change our currency? I remember, as a young boy, encyclopedias and textbooks would have all the currency denominations pictured. We can't be doing that anymore because it changes so often now. We went through my entire childhood without any major change in our currency. I think dollar coins changed and then we had the bicentennial quarters. I don't recall any bills changing... maybe they did and I am not remembering it. But now, it seems like every year or so, we're introducing a new look.

WHY????

Look... We're nearly 20 trillion dollars in debt... We've got people in this country who can't afford to eat... All kinds of major pressing issues we should be addressing... and we're blowing billions of dollars on re-printing our currency every other year. Does anyone have any idea how much it costs to re-tool the dies at the mint, to have new engravings done, to add all these elaborate security features and special inks? How many poor kids could we feed? How much debt could we pay off? It just seems very wasteful and pointless... we don't GET anything from it.

That's a cop out answer . What's wrong with honoring women and minorities ? It will be 100years of woman voting in 2020. It's a feel good story except for the racists and women haters .

I'm sure if you were making a 911 bill, these righties wouldn't care .

I have no problem with a Democrat like Jackson being removed in favor of a Republican like Harriet. If you don't like the new bills feel free to send them to me

Forum List

Back