Trump nominates another pip as federal judge!

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Hoo-Boy indeed! Where does Trump FIND these unqualified morons? Trump has the "best people" - ALWAYS the BEST people! :cool-45:

During his confirmation testimony, Matthew Spencer Petersen, a nominee for U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia who currently serves as a commissioner on the Federal Election Commission, appeared ignorant of several legal motions, according to a video Democratic Senator Sheldon Whitehouse posted to Twitter on Thursday. “MUST WATCH: Republican @SenJohnKennedy asks one of @realDonaldTrump’s US District Judge nominees basic questions of law & he can’t answer a single one,” Whitehouse tweeted. “Hoo-boy.”​

“The Best People”: Trump Nominee Fails to Answer Basic Legal Questions

He didn't fail to answer, he answered all the questions and some he did not know the answers to.

He didn't fail to answer, he answered all the questions and some he did not know the answers to.
Yeah but if that's the case, the liberal who started this thread couldn't bash a conservative. Maybe they'll find a sex scandal on him if the "incompetent" lie doesn't stick? Then the judge can jump off a bridge for fear his career and marriage will be ruined by kangaroo-evidence dumped in the liberal media? I think the widow of the representative should sue whatever media outlets participated in driving her husband to suicide, regardless of the merits of the un-tried accusations. A trial is necessary before the de facto onerous mental spiral of a guilty verdict should be allowed to descend.

Last edited:
Yes, nominating unqualified people is a new thing.
I wonder if this hack OP reacted like this to every other president doing it..

Sorry dude, but tRump has taken unqualified moron appointments to a new level.

Democrats objected to Brett Talley's nomination early on, citing his lack of experience, having never worked as a judge, and the American Bar Association's finding that he was "not qualified" for the federal bench.

Talley — who writes horror books and has participated in ghost-hunting activities — has practiced law for only three years and has never tried a case.

Republicans have defended Talley, with some accusing the ABA of a liberal bias. But in the time since the committee voted on his nomination, reports have identified him as the author of an online comment in 2011 defending "the first KKK."​

He didn't know the answers to ANY of the questions. Judging by his lack of legal knowledge and inability to answer the questions, I would be a better candidate than him.

This is awesome.
Trump is going to replace a lot of the far left wing knuttjob Democrat federal judges.

He didn't know the answers to ANY of the questions. Judging by his lack of legal knowledge and inability to answer the questions, I would be a better candidate than him.
Especially if your avatar looks like you. That neckline is sure to impress legal colleagues and juries alike.

My point being, who are you to judge his fitness as a judge?

Especially if your avatar looks like you. That neckline is sure to impress legal colleagues and juries alike.

My point being, who are you to judge his fitness as a judge?

That avatar is Trump's daughter, and Trump's daughter's titty. She proudly let it flop for all to see as she walked down the model's runway, and back without making any effort to cover it. Obviously, she and her father want it to be viewed as much as possible. Such a wonderful role model for RWNJ daughters everywhere

God knows which video Mikey was watching. :rolleyes-41:

Those were all questions a second year law student would have aced.

God knows which video Mikey was watching. :rolleyes-41:

Those were all questions a second year law student would have aced.

I never took any law courses, and I knew some of them.

Yeah but if that's the case, the liberal who started this thread couldn't bash a conservative. Maybe they'll find a sex scandal on him if the "incompetent" lie doesn't stick? Then the judge can jump off a bridge for fear his career and marriage will be ruined by kangaroo-evidence dumped in the liberal media? I think the widow of the representative should sue whatever media outlets participated in driving her husband to suicide, regardless of the merits of the un-tried accusations. A trial is necessary before the de facto onerous mental spiral of a guilty verdict should be allowed to descend.

He couldn't answer a single question about pretty basic litigation law. Standards of evidence. Basic court procedure. Basic motions.

And he couldn't answer any of them. Yet he's to be a federal judge?

I don't know if any other president has nominated candidates as unqualified as some of these guys have been so far.

He couldn't answer a single question about pretty basic litigation law. Standards of evidence. Basic court procedure. Basic motions.

Many judges have never been litigators. Not all lawyers go to court.

Trump has nominated people to life-time judge positions that have NEVER even tried a case.

Or had a case heard in court. Or filed a single motion.

Its like hiring your hairstylist as the Head of Cardiac Surgery.

He should have known about them. He could have boned up on the subject. He clearly is not qualified.

Many judges have never been litigators. Not all lawyers go to court.

Or even taken depositions? He is clearly not qualified.

I don't know if any other president has nominated candidates as unqualified as some of these guys have been so far.
You should look it up. This isn't anything new

Can you show me another judicial nominee that couldn't answer simple questions about basic court procedures, basic standards of evidence or basic motions?

Of any party?

Forum List

Back