Trump needs to nominate some Non-whites and women

Voter ID was only part of it. The link I provided gives you all the scoop you'll need.. The Court didn't think it was funny!
It was only voter ID. I asked you if you think minorities are too stupid to get an ID?

It wasn't only voter ID. Lets get that settled first.:

Closing polling places in minority neighborhoods, “purges” that removed registered voters’ names from the rolls based on phony criteria, and poll workers who demanded forms of identification that their own state law did not require. This is clearly one-sided. In every case, these crimes have been committed by Republicans to limit ballot access to voters who are likely to vote Democrat.

No, it wasn't just voter ID and it wasn't just minorities affected. Voter suppression was aimed at some seniors, poor whites and anyone perceived to be inclined to vote Democrat. Most minorities do have driver's licenses so if they are smart enough to pass a test to operate a motor the ID is readily at hand. But it is the old folks who don't drive anymore and might have old expired driver's licenses that concern me. Those people should not be denied to exercise their voting rights. Only certain IDs were accepted in many cases. (note the blue text above).

Some people with government issued IDs were turned away but those producing CCW permits with ID were accepted.
:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:

Who Is Impacted by Voter ID Laws?

Why Voter ID Laws Aren’t Really about Fraud

Laws that require photo ID at the polls vary, but the strictest laws limit the forms of acceptable documentation to only a handful of cards. For example, in Texas, voters must show one of seven forms of state or federal-issue photo ID, with a valid expiration date: a driver’s license, a personal ID card issued by the state, a concealed handgun license, a military ID, citizenship certificate or a passport. The name on the ID must exactly match the one on the voter rolls.

African-Americans and Latinos are more likely to lack one of these qualifying IDs, according to several estimates. Even when the state offers a free photo ID, these voters, who are disproportionately low-income, may not be able to procure the underlying documents, such as a birth certificate, to obtain one.

In Texas, for example, challengers to the law cited an African-American grandmother who could not afford the $25 to purchase her birth certificate to get an ID, and an elderly African-American veteran and longtime voter who was turned away at the polls in 2013 despite having three types of ID, because none qualified under the new law.

And new research from the Government Accountability Office, an independent agency that prepares reports for members of Congress, suggests that voter ID laws are having an impact at the polls. Turnout dropped among both young people and African-Americans in Kansas and Tennessee after new voter ID requirements took effect in 2012, the study found.

Lots of extremely wealthy democrats out there who could have a fund drive for voters who can't afford I.D. The clintons and their foundation, george soros, most of the hollywood crowd, as well as wall street and the banks. Now that hillary isn't a hot item on the speaking tour since she has no government favors to sell, wall street could divert her speaking fees to help funding i.d. for the poor.
Why do you have to buy something just to be able to vote? Voter Ids ought to be FREE!

With the expansion of the laundry facilities at Trump Tower to accommodate secret service contingent, opportunities for women and minorities will blossom. Put in your resume....

I am still shocked that you RW Trump-Bots have the audacity to make spurious statements and then turn around and lie about saying them when you are exposed. But your idiocy is just beginning. You continue to impregnate this thread with anti-Obama diatribes and ignorance. Enlightened people know that any significant increases in US oil production would further decimate world economies.In case you didn't know a glut of oil is what brought the prices down everywhere.. By restricting oil production here, the Obama administration has prevented domestic gas prices from falling even lower.

Bullshit. DumBama began cutting oil permits and drilling long before the drop in fuel. Even when fuel prices were rising, he continued to choke our energy supplies.

When the price of energy gets too low, it's the people on those private lands that put a halt to production--not the President, because the President has no authority to tell them when to pump and when not to. When prices get too low, the land owner sits on their gas and oil and waits until the prices increase and stabilize.

Obama deserves as much credit as any other president who took responsibility for what happens on his watch. That is just the way it is and always has been.
You aren't going to change the rules just because you don't like Obama!

Giving credit requires some evidence in which to give credit for. You can't say that X happened and it's all the Presidents doing because he happened to be there.

So what? Baby boomers make up the largest generation in the USA. As your LFPR chart shows their peak years ran from the early 60s to 2000. Retirement accounts for the precipitous dip you see now. Many are staying in the workforce or the dip would be even more dramatic.

Right, and it just happened to take a nose dive a year after DumBama became President. If you look at the studies, it has little to do with people retiring. The drop came from younger and middle-aged workers.

Bush didn't have a clue as to what his soldiers were doing. His generals handled those things...the same generals that handles things under Obama...;minus a few... heh heh heh!

The President makes the final decisions on everything. DumBama already told all his military advisors to F-off when it came to Iraq, and then he handed the country to ISIS. They report to the President exactly what their plans are, and then it's up to the President to execute those plans.

When was the last time you volunteered to risk your life to go capture a live terrorist? Let me guess...ZERO. Well, neither has Obama or Trump. But at least Obama's compassion for his troops was shown when he escalated his drone attacks and kept them mostly out of harms way. I doubt if Trump will be so thoughtful.

So what's your argument? My point is that without capturing prisoners, interrogating them, we can't find out what the terrorists plans are. Bush did have our military do exactly that. With DumBama, one of his first orders were no enhanced interrogations. Water boarding and like measures were out; not that it did any good since we didn't capture any more prisoners. But note how we didn't have all these domestic terrorist acts before when Bush was in charge. Obviously he was doing something right that DumBama hasn't.

I am still shocked that you RW Trump-Bots have the audacity to make spurious statements and then turn around and lie about saying them when you are exposed. But your idiocy is just beginning. You continue to impregnate this thread with anti-Obama diatribes and ignorance. Enlightened people know that any significant increases in US oil production would further decimate world economies.In case you didn't know a glut of oil is what brought the prices down everywhere.. By restricting oil production here, the Obama administration has prevented domestic gas prices from falling even lower.

Bullshit. DumBama began cutting oil permits and drilling long before the drop in fuel. Even when fuel prices were rising, he continued to choke our energy supplies.

When the price of energy gets too low, it's the people on those private lands that put a halt to production--not the President, because the President has no authority to tell them when to pump and when not to. When prices get too low, the land owner sits on their gas and oil and waits until the prices increase and stabilize.

Obama deserves as much credit as any other president who took responsibility for what happens on his watch. That is just the way it is and always has been.
You aren't going to change the rules just because you don't like Obama!

Giving credit requires some evidence in which to give credit for. You can't say that X happened and it's all the Presidents doing because he happened to be there.

So what? Baby boomers make up the largest generation in the USA. As your LFPR chart shows their peak years ran from the early 60s to 2000. Retirement accounts for the precipitous dip you see now. Many are staying in the workforce or the dip would be even more dramatic.

Right, and it just happened to take a nose dive a year after DumBama became President. If you look at the studies, it has little to do with people retiring. The drop came from younger and middle-aged workers.

Bush didn't have a clue as to what his soldiers were doing. His generals handled those things...the same generals that handles things under Obama...;minus a few... heh heh heh!

The President makes the final decisions on everything. DumBama already told all his military advisors to F-off when it came to Iraq, and then he handed the country to ISIS. They report to the President exactly what their plans are, and then it's up to the President to execute those plans.

When was the last time you volunteered to risk your life to go capture a live terrorist? Let me guess...ZERO. Well, neither has Obama or Trump. But at least Obama's compassion for his troops was shown when he escalated his drone attacks and kept them mostly out of harms way. I doubt if Trump will be so thoughtful.

So what's your argument? My point is that without capturing prisoners, interrogating them, we can't find out what the terrorists plans are. Bush did have our military do exactly that. With DumBama, one of his first orders were no enhanced interrogations. Water boarding and like measures were out; not that it did any good since we didn't capture any more prisoners. But note how we didn't have all these domestic terrorist acts before when Bush was in charge. Obviously he was doing something right that DumBama hasn't.

Your ignorance about oil and private land owners.:

I don't know what state you live in but I was born and raised in oil country. In my state, when you buy property all you buy is topsoil. The mineral rights are retained by the state because they didn't want average people getting rich or standing in the way of oil production. Of course, in the past eminent domain would also be evoked to uproot anyone who didn't want to sell his/her land at fair market value. Those ruthless moves often had repercussions when voting time came around. So, to get around kicking people off their land, horizontal drilling was invented. Private landowners don't even know when oil is being tapped right under their feet.

Why the Democrats oppose Fracking:

Fracking has nothing to do with horizontal drilling but it is an environmental hazard. Ground and surface water contamination accompanied by increases in seismic activity are good enough reasons for federal oversight. It is highly restricted in some countries and banned altogether in others. Republicans don't care about the environment or the people living near fracking sites, Democrats do!

The "NOSEDIVE" of your LFPR chart:

The nosedive in the LFPR didn't start with Obama's administration. Hell, I don't even know why we are having this conversation since the president has no control over the LFPR. However, Look closer at your chart and the rate rose steadily until

2002-2003. That was the onset of a precipitous drop.. Obama was no where in public view. Retiring Baby boomers had an impact on that decline and that sobering reality continues till this very day. Hopefully you don't think they are all retiring at the same time but large chunks of that population is every year.

What you didn't mention:

You didn't acknowledge the fact that 16 year olds are counted as part of the labor force even though they have two more years of high school ahead of them. Most Americans between 16 and 21 are thinking more about going to college than they are looking for a job. That accounts for another large segment of people who might not be actively looking for work.

Looking at the facts as presented, you would have to be a brain dead Trump-Bot to construct some other untenable scenario.

Obama's military decisions:

Obama is one of the brightest presidents ever. His foreign policy decisions aren't made in a vacuum. He is constantly briefed by various intelligentsia and Intelligence agencies. I doubt if he would tell any of his advisors to F--k off. But he did remember the promise he made to the American people who voted for him. That promise, of course, was to withdraw from IRAQ. I think his kept promise helped him win a second term.

Your laymen's opinion on military matters:

You have never served but you think you know more than Obama and all the military people at his disposal. Your abject ignorance surfaces repeatedly and there seems to be no end to it. BTW you can't capture prisoners when you have no troops on the ground. But somehow, our intelligence operatives were able to get enough information to target Jihadist leaders for elimination by drone attacks. While you and your ilk may rebuff anything Obama does, a 53% domestic approval rating and even higher world approval rating shows he did something right.

Trump needs to nominate half of his cabinet with women and non-whites. No more old white males...

He also needs to consider transgender and homosexuals.

Yeah....how about he just hire the most competent people.........regardless of sex, race or any other issue......wouldn't that be nice after 50 years of left wing division by sex, race, religion?
The most competent people are those hired by Obama. Just leave them in place.

We weren't looking for people who are competent to destroy the country, thanks. We had a different set of skills in mind.
"GROAN" where do you nuts come from? The unemployment rate is down, the auto industry has rebounded, gasoline is affordable, 20 million poor people have healthcare, Bin Laden is dead, etc...etc.... YET you want to sow the seeds of derision and vilify the man responsible for all of that.
Obama regulations cost economy $80 billion, 150,000 jobs

I don't know what state you live in but I was born and raised in oil country. In my state, when you buy property all you buy is topsoil. The mineral rights are retained by the state because they didn't want average people getting rich or standing in the way of oil production. Of course, in the past eminent domain would also be evoked to uproot anyone who didn't want to sell his/her land at fair market value. Those ruthless moves often had repercussions when voting time came around. So, to get around kicking people off their land, horizontal drilling was invented. Private landowners don't even know when oil is being tapped right under their feet.

Fracking has nothing to do with horizontal drilling but it is an environmental hazard. Ground and surface water contamination accompanied by increases in seismic activity are good enough reasons for federal oversight. It is highly restricted in some countries and banned altogether in others. Republicans don't care about the environment or the people living near fracking sites, Democrats do!

Those are all phony reports by leftists organizations. Even the EPA bowed out of fracking oversight under the Obama administration because there was nothing there for them to observe. BTW, you are wrong. Horizontal drilling is fracking. Early on, fracking was done straight down from the station. To extract more, more stations had to be setup. When horizontal drilling became perfected, they were able to frack going sideways from one station instead of just up to down. They were able to extract more with much less work.

The nosedive in the LFPR didn't start with Obama's administration. Hell, I don't even know why we are having this conversation since the president has no control over the LFPR. However, Look closer at your chart and the rate rose steadily until

2002-2003. That was the onset of a precipitous drop.. Obama was no where in public view. Retiring Baby boomers had an impact on that decline and that sobering reality continues till this very day. Hopefully you don't think they are all retiring at the same time but large chunks of that population is every year.

I find it amazing you can't even look at a chart and spot the obvious. Yes, people have been retiring, but look once again at the chart. From the years you outlined, the participation dropped from 67% to 66% in those years. But it went up again before Bush left office to 66.5% in 2008, it was at 65.5% and dropped to 62.5% in a matter of five years; the lowest rate since the late 70's. In June of this year, it hit 62.2%

The President has no control over this? He extended unemployment to two years, he doubled the food stamp program. People applied and/or received disability payments in soaring numbers. Don't tell me it has nothing to do with the President.

You didn't acknowledge the fact that 16 year olds are counted as part of the labor force even though they have two more years of high school ahead of them. Most Americans between 16 and 21 are thinking more about going to college than they are looking for a job. That accounts for another large segment of people who might not be actively looking for work.

Looking at the facts as presented, you would have to be a brain dead Trump-Bot to construct some other untenable scenario.

I have some bad news for ya, 16 year olds and up have been part of the statistics for decades now. It hasen't changed. Also, they've always been in school as well be it high school or college.

When you see a drastic change in something, it's important to look for the cause. You can't say these bad excuses you're giving me are the causes because they've always been there. What hans't always been there was Obama and the Democrats. That's when this huge change took place. Look for the obvious.

Obama is one of the brightest presidents ever. His foreign policy decisions aren't made in a vacuum. He is constantly briefed by various intelligentsia and Intelligence agencies. I doubt if he would tell any of his advisors to F--k off. But he did remember the promise he made to the American people who voted for him. That promise, of course, was to withdraw from IRAQ. I think his kept promise helped him win a second term.

Why Joe, I think you're finally starting to learn something for a change. Yes, that was exactly it, he pulled out of Iraq for politics. Everything he's done is because of politics. The countless people that died in Iraq after ISIS took over, those who were hung on a cross and left to die, those who were tortured by being set on fire or watching their children executed right in front of them? Screw those people, DumBama wanted to stay in the White House four more years. Everybody has their priorities you know. As for the thousands of men and women that died liberating that country, screw them too. Their fight was in vain. Obama got a second term and that's all that counts.

You have never served but you think you know more than Obama and all the military people at his disposal. Your abject ignorance surfaces repeatedly and there seems to be no end to it. BTW you can't capture prisoners when you have no troops on the ground. But somehow, our intelligence operatives were able to get enough information to target Jihadist leaders for elimination by drone attacks. While you and your ilk may rebuff anything Obama does, a 53% domestic approval rating and even higher world approval rating shows he did something right.

All it shows is how many uninformed voters we have in this country. No doubt that people like DumBama personally, but his policies suck. That's why there were sweeping elections the last two midterms. The morons in the Democrat party assumed everybody liked their Communist policies. They were fooled once again as the last election showed.

No, I never joined the military because I am a sick man. They wouldn't let me join if I wanted to. But DumBama was never even a boy scout, yet in the same breath, you claim he is one of the brightest Presidents ever.

Trump needs to nominate half of his cabinet with women and non-whites. No more old white males...

He also needs to consider transgender and homosexuals.
You need to realize that you lost. You had your say, and were overruled. And you sure as fuck don't have a say in how our party assembles its cabinet. Especially when you look at gender, and race as if it were some sort of qualifier... That ideology was voted out for a reason.
By a minority of the vote anyways.

But that's besides the point. Trump should have his way with the country for the next 4 years (barring impeachment). We didn't learn our lesson with Dubya, maybe Trump's the guy who can drive the point on home.
LOL...hey, the I-word's in play! What the hell took you so long?

Those are all phony reports by leftists organizations. Even the EPA bowed out of fracking oversight under the Obama administration because there was nothing there for them to observe. BTW, you are wrong. Horizontal drilling is fracking. Early on, fracking was done straight down from the station. To extract more, more stations had to be setup. When horizontal drilling became perfected, they were able to frack going sideways from one station instead of just up to down. They were able to extract more with much less work.

I find it amazing you can't even look at a chart and spot the obvious. Yes, people have been retiring, but look once again at the chart. From the years you outlined, the participation dropped from 67% to 66% in those years. But it went up again before Bush left office to 66.5% in 2008, it was at 65.5% and dropped to 62.5% in a matter of five years; the lowest rate since the late 70's. In June of this year, it hit 62.2%

The President has no control over this? He extended unemployment to two years, he doubled the food stamp program. People applied and/or received disability payments in soaring numbers. Don't tell me it has nothing to do with the President.

I have some bad news for ya, 16 year olds and up have been part of the statistics for decades now. It hasen't changed. Also, they've always been in school as well be it high school or college.

When you see a drastic change in something, it's important to look for the cause. You can't say these bad excuses you're giving me are the causes because they've always been there. What hans't always been there was Obama and the Democrats. That's when this huge change took place. Look for the obvious.

Why Joe, I think you're finally starting to learn something for a change. Yes, that was exactly it, he pulled out of Iraq for politics. Everything he's done is because of politics. The countless people that died in Iraq after ISIS took over, those who were hung on a cross and left to die, those who were tortured by being set on fire or watching their children executed right in front of them? Screw those people, DumBama wanted to stay in the White House four more years. Everybody has their priorities you know. As for the thousands of men and women that died liberating that country, screw them too. Their fight was in vain. Obama got a second term and that's all that counts.

All it shows is how many uninformed voters we have in this country. No doubt that people like DumBama personally, but his policies suck. That's why there were sweeping elections the last two midterms. The morons in the Democrat party assumed everybody liked their Communist policies. They were fooled once again as the last election showed.

No, I never joined the military because I am a sick man. They wouldn't let me join if I wanted to. But DumBama was never even a boy scout, yet in the same breath, you claim he is one of the brightest Presidents ever.

Your Fractious Fracking lies:

Without a shred of supporting documentation or even the comfort of experience you insert your personal opinion into the fray thinking that by bellowing loudly you are more credible. You conjure images of "phony reports" where there are none and then try to bluff your way out of the corner you are in. I am not about to let you escape my trap so easily.

Brace yourself.

Ray said:
Those are all phony reports by leftists organizations. Even the EPA bowed out of fracking oversight under the Obama administration because there was nothing there for them to observe.

Don't you know who you are dealing with here? You just can't bring garbage in here and throw it on the table. I am insulted that you would even try. The EPA didn't just bow out of fracking oversight, as you so callously out it. A federal court ruled against the Obama administration noting that Congress had not granted such oversight in regards to federal lands or Indian lands. Admit that you lied or this conversation is over. I don't debate with liars..there is no point in doing so! The rest of your comments are just s suspect so I won't even bother addressing them. Good day!

Your Fractious Fracking lies:

Without a shred of supporting documentation or even the comfort of experience you insert your personal opinion into the fray thinking that by bellowing loudly you are more credible. You conjure images of "phony reports" where there are none and then try to bluff your way out of the corner you are in. I am not about to let you escape my trap so easily.

Brace yourself.

Ray said:
Those are all phony reports by leftists organizations. Even the EPA bowed out of fracking oversight under the Obama administration because there was nothing there for them to observe.

Don't you know who you are dealing with here? You just can't bring garbage in here and throw it on the table. I am insulted that you would even try. The EPA didn't just bow out of fracking oversight, as you so callously out it. A federal court ruled against the Obama administration noting that Congress had not granted such oversight in regards to federal lands or Indian lands. Admit that you lied or this conversation is over. I don't debate with liars..there is no point in doing so! The rest of your comments are just s suspect so I won't even bother addressing them. Good day!

Since the Environmental Protection Agency’s advisory board published a study earlier this month debunking the widespread claim that fracking contaminates drinking water, environmentalists have attempted to double down — claiming that the study didn’t have enough scientific evidence in it to back up its findings. Moniz’s testimony at last week’s hearing was meant to dispel these criticisms and confirm to the public that fracking doesn’t just drastically reduce the cost of energy, it also helps the environment.

Obama Energy Czar: Fracking Is Good For The Environment

Forum List

Back