Trump Moving USDA from DC to Where Food is Grown and Deep State is Furious

Deep States response to the swamp draining:
"Employees, congressional Democrats and a bipartisan coalition of former USDA leaders" have warned that the move "would devastate the two agencies," per the Post. ERS and NIFA have both recently unionized and some "union officials have promised to fight the move."

Trump to Move USDA Personnel From D.C. to Where Food Grows
You are such an idiot. Just because something SOUNDS like a good idea, it doesn’t mean it actually is one. Any moron could reason “well it makes sense to move them closer.” The problem is that such a moron doesn’t even understand the logistical implications.

"Devastate the agencies"?

Since when did they start believing that the devastation of their agencies mattered in contrast to serving the American people as they are supposed to?
By moving ADMINISTRATIVE employees closer, you think this is somehow going to improve the agency?

Since when did they start believing that the devastation of their agencies mattered in contrast to serving the American people as they are supposed to?
By moving ADMINISTRATIVE employees closer, you think this is somehow going to improve the agency?

How will it hurt??
Well the transition itself is a waste of tax payer money because it is pointless to do in the first place. Duh.

How will it hurt??
Well the transition itself is a waste of tax payer money because it is pointless to do in the first place. Duh.

It is not pointless. There is no reason for them to be in DC other than "that is where they have always been".

The money spent to move them will quickly be made up in the 13% savings on their salaries as well as the far less expensive office space.

They will have access to new talent and new ways of thinking.

They were the only two USDA agencies that did not have a presence outside of DC, and now that will change. That is a good thing.

There is truly no negative to this move.

"Employees, congressional Democrats and a bipartisan coalition of former USDA leaders" have warned that the move "would devastate the two agencies," per the Post. ERS and NIFA have both recently unionized and some "union officials have promised to fight the move."

You are such an idiot. Just because something SOUNDS like a good idea, it doesn’t mean it actually is one. Any moron could reason “well it makes sense to move them closer.” The problem is that such a moron doesn’t even understand the logistical implications.

Explain.
Do they still use The Pony Express to deliver their data?

How will it hurt??
Well since the people they are moving are mainly in the scientific portion of the agency. This will first of hamper recruiting. A decent scientist does not want to work in Kansas in the field of climatology. They want to have easy access to universities and the infrastructure that goes with it. Furthermore, I can imagine that a lot of people currently employed will not want to move. This would hamper the workings of the agency in the field of research.

Maybe the President needs to move the stodgy old secret budget CIA out to Roswell N.M. where they will be more comfortable.

Explain.
Uh no they do not which is why it would be pointless to move them huh?

Well since the people they are moving are mainly in the scientific portion of the agency. This will first of hamper recruiting. A decent scientist does not want to work in Kansas in the field of climatology. They want to have easy access to universities and the infrastructure that goes with it. Furthermore, I can imagine that a lot of people currently employed will not want to move. This would hamper the workings of the agency in the field of research.

For starters, Kansas City, where they are moving is in Missouri, not Kansas.

Climate change is a tiny part of what the ERS does.

Believe it or not, there are universities in both Kansas and Missouri. There are a lot of people graduating from very fine universities that do not have any desire to live in DC, so they now have access to that talent pool.

Explain.

So you hate the idea of saving 300 million over fifteen years?
You should probably read the article rather than crying like a little bitch.

For starters, Kansas City, where they are moving is in Missouri, not Kansas.

Climate change is a tiny part of what the ERS does.

Believe it or not, there are universities in both Kansas and Missouri. There are a lot of people graduating from very fine universities that do not have any desire to live in DC, so they now have access to that talent pool.
At the cost of losing the pool, they have now. The question was, what does it hurt. I answered that. My question is why do it in the first place?

Explain.

So you hate the idea of saving 300 million over fifteen years?
You should probably read the article rather than crying like a little bitch.
Lol oh you’re adorable. 300 million over 15 years. This is too funny. The deficit will skyrocket over the next 15 years because of the tax cuts but we are supposed to care about a drop in the bucket like 300 million?

At the cost of losing the pool, they have now. The question was, what does it hurt. I answered that. My question is why do it in the first place?

A new pool is not a bad thing, new blood, new ideas, fresh thinking. Not to mention I bet most move, I know a lot of USDA folks and most of the ones in DC are there because they have to be, not because they want to be.

Why do it, it saves the government money in both rent and salaries. The locality pay for DC is 13 percentage points higher than KC, so the USDA saves 13% on every paycheck.

Lol oh you’re adorable. 300 million over 15 years. This is too funny. The deficit will skyrocket over the next 15 years because of the tax cuts but we are supposed to care about a drop in the bucket like 300 million?

Every little bit helps

My Gawd Weatherman2020 what the hell did you do to these assholes? You sure got them riled up over something they have no control over... I haven't seen them so whiney in some time...

:thankusmile:

Some of them have worked up quite a lather... I love it when they stammer and stutter and get all pissy…

Life is good...

My Gawd Weatherman2020 what the hell did you do to these assholes? You sure got them riled up over something they have no control over... I haven't seen them so whiney in some time...

:thankusmile:

Some of them have worked up quite a lather... I love it when they stammer and stutter and get all pissy…

Life is good...

all over less than 600 people being moved out of DC!

A new pool is not a bad thing, new blood, new ideas, fresh thinking. Not to mention I bet most move, I know a lot of USDA folks and most of the ones in DC are there because they have to be, not because they want to be.

Why do it, it saves the government money in both rent and salaries. The locality pay for DC is 13 percentage points higher than KC, so the USDA saves 13% on every paycheck.
At the danger of sounding conspiritorial, I'll venture that it has more to do, that old blood has ideas that Trump doesn't like and he's trying to get at least some of those people transferred as far out of Washington and sight as he can manage.

Forum List

Back