Trump Moving USDA from DC to Where Food is Grown and Deep State is Furious

"Devastate the agencies"?

Since when did they start believing that the devastation of their agencies mattered in contrast to serving the American people as they are supposed to?

Yep no more posh DC strip clubs and night life for the supposed public servants who are only interested in serving themselves. Now the lobbyists will have to make an extra trip to Kansas to bring their bribe money to the poor six figure government workers who will have to live on their paychecks like the rest of us if the Lobbyists decide it's too risky to openly bribe them in Kansas city.

JO
Deep States response to the swamp draining:
"Employees, congressional Democrats and a bipartisan coalition of former USDA leaders" have warned that the move "would devastate the two agencies," per the Post. ERS and NIFA have both recently unionized and some "union officials have promised to fight the move."

Trump to Move USDA Personnel From D.C. to Where Food Grows
The hundreds of rank and file workers who have been "invited" to move mostly won't go. Would you? I'm sure only the supervisory staff are being offered $$ to uproot their families, sell their homes, pull their kids from established schools and move half way across the country. THAT is why people who know are predicting a devastating effect on the agencies. It's going to save the govt 20 mil a year. I wonder why. Do you think these folks go walk the corn fields? Nuh uh.
They are free to leave their government jobs and continue to live in the most expensive regions in America.

MAGA

Moving bureaucrats out of D.C. won't make them any less bureaucratic.

True...but the next several years of job replacements from the local area will.

JO

They will get a nice influx of new blood and thinking. This will be a win for both agencies.

The Commute will be eased up....DC is famous for traffic jams..
The Lobbyists who cheat the American people by bribing Swamp Things down in DC
Will think twice about exposing themselves to a new area with new watchdogs around.
The new location will be drawing from an infinitely better talent pool as it will be only a stone's throw
From a dozen Agricultural colleges..... people with actual degrees in Agriculture will top the list instead of
Senator's Nephews who just want a six figure paycheck to support a class A drug Habit.

JO

The ERS hires almost exclusively economic majors, not Ag...but the point still stands they will get a new talent pool to choose from. People from the Mid West do not want for the most part to go to DC but now they have the chances to put their talents to use for the government.

Since when did they start believing that the devastation of their agencies mattered in contrast to serving the American people as supposed to?
How are the USDA suits going to do their jobs where food is produced without a Starbucks on every corner?

The USDA doesn't grow food, it regulates food production. Laws and regulations are done in Washington. So you're going to move the agency which regulates food production out of the city where the laws and the regulations are passed. These people are going to spend all of their time flying to Washington to meet with lawmakers.

Truly this sounds like a Trump plan:

1. It increases costs;

2. It doesn't accomplish anything of substance;

3. It makes it more difficult for the agency to do it's job, which is to write and pass regulations and laws governing the industry;

4. And it convinces fools like you that Trump is doing something for farmers.

1. Wrong. The cost to rent space in KC is about half that of in DC. The Fed employees will no longer get DC locality pay, saving the government money on each paycheck.

2. It put these two agencies within the USDA on equal footing wiht all the others that have a footprint outside of DC.

3. That is not the job of either of these agencies. The ERS provides data to our lawmakers. they can do that from KC. Perhaps you have heard of this thing called the "internet"?

4. The only fool here is you

The hundreds of rank and file workers who have been "invited" to move mostly won't go. Would you? I'm sure only the supervisory staff are being offered $$ to uproot their families, sell their homes, pull their kids from established schools and move half way across the country. THAT is why people who know are predicting a devastating effect on the agencies. It's going to save the govt 20 mil a year. I wonder why. Do you think these folks go walk the corn fields? Nuh uh.

If they do not go, they will be replaced by just a talented people that are not so picky.

Everyone will get relocation allowances, from the lowest of the clerks to the head of each agency.

It will be good to get some fresh blood and ideas into these agencies.

Since when did they start believing that the devastation of their agencies mattered in contrast to serving the American people as supposed to?
How are the USDA suits going to do their jobs where food is produced without a Starbucks on every corner?
The USDA suits can't stand to visit where the food is produced. Like HRC's campaign manager Robby Mook said: "Have you ever smelled the air in farming communities!?" The fag refused to go to Wisconsin B/C the "air" would "smell up my clothes!"

Trump is smarter than most people in Washington DC. He has a real reason for moving the main offices of the USDA that no one has figured out yet. LOL. It will become clear when it's too late to block him.

As soon as you said "Trump is smarter than most people in Washington DC", I knew you were an idiot. He doesn't have a reason to move these departments, other than to bust the union. That's because Trump doesn't plan.

Trump wakes up and has his coffee and ideas come to him. Things he thinks sound good on TV or in Twitter. He doesn't do cost assessments, analysis, or even ask the farmers or the bureaucrats what would be best for either of them. He just wakes up one morning and decides that the Agriculture Department needs to be closer to its "clients". Farmers aren't clients. A regulatory agencies "clients" are the American people. It's role is to work with law makers to advise on writing laws and regulations which affect the farming industry.

Yet again, Dumb Donald demonstrates his utter ignorance on the topic of "How Government Works", or even "What Government Does".

A normal man would move his family where the job is.
Just common sense.

dimocrap scum are NOT normal by any definition of the word.

If they were, they would see the enormous benefit of living in an area where the cost of living is half what it is in DC while making the same money.

They are Swamp Creatures. They will stay in the Swamp. At least, the majority of them will.

Of that, you can be absolutely certain.

"Employees, congressional Democrats and a bipartisan coalition of former USDA leaders" have warned that the move "would devastate the two agencies," per the Post. ERS and NIFA have both recently unionized and some "union officials have promised to fight the move."

Food grows everywhere. What a stupid idea. Most agencies have branch offices all over and headquarters in DC which makes sense since that is where the federal government is.
I had no idea there are farms in DC.

I had no idea you needed farms to grow food.

Dont think your tomato plant on the back porch counts.

Trump is smarter than most people in Washington DC. He has a real reason for moving the main offices of the USDA that no one has figured out yet. LOL. It will become clear when it's too late to block him.

He is not moving the main offices, he is moving two tiny agencies of less than 600 people total.

A GS-7 Step 3 (whatever that is) in KC makes $45k a year.
Kansas City Pay Locality - General Schedule Pay Areas

The same rank in DC makes 50k.
Washington DC Pay Locality - General Schedule Pay Areas

An average home in KC costs 135k
2019 Cost of Living Calculator: compare Kansas City, Missouri to Kansas City, Kansas

An average home in DC costs $566k
2019 Cost of Living Calculator: compare Washington, District of Columbia to Charlottesville, Virginia

What the FUCK are these idiots complaining abut???

After a while, one might get the idea that dimocraps aren't just scum..... They're fucking stupid, too

"Will Compute for Food"

Hillary Clinton wants the prisoners to think that the wall is simply exclusionary. Clinton invokes fascism, because of its proximity to the concept of the "Left" which left can also be defined as non-political movement. The knowledge envy of the dems is just this movement of the USDA. duh. Trump knows there is a deep state, but few of propaganda's prisoners know how far back its origins go.

'The provision of shelter and the storage of food associate the house with caring. The domus as defined here is the concept and practice of nurturing and caring, but at a still more general level it obtains its dramatic force from the exclusion, control and domination of the wild, the outside (which I shall later describe as the 'agrios'). Culture, then, is opposed to nature, but in an historically specific manner.

I was also attracted to the use of the term domus (and other related terms such as 'foris' and 'agrios' which I will define later) because of the possibility that many of our contemporary concepts do have prehistoric roots. Most dictionaries link domesticate to domestic to Latin domus, to Greek domos, to Sanskrit damas, to Old Slavonic domu, to Old Irish doim and to the INdo-European dom- or dem-. Further links are also made to domicile, dominant, dominus (whence don, donna in the sense of a distinguished or important man or woman), dome (house, mansion, cathedral church), domain, dame, and tame.
Regardless of whether the first farmers of Europe and the Near East were in any sense Indo-European, I find it fascinating that our language should link houses with the economic process of domestication and with the social processes of the formation of larger and more clearly defined social units involving some form of societal domination and constraint -- since these are exactly the links made by the archaeological data for the early Neolithic of Europe and the Near East.'
(Hodder, The Domestication of Europe: Structure and Contingency in Neolithic Societies, p. 45)

Boycott the Deep State.

If they do not go, they will be replaced by just a talented people that are not so picky.

Everyone will get relocation allowances, from the lowest of the clerks to the head of each agency.

let's not be shy about this.... it will be good to get all the politicians nieces, nephews, brothers-in-law and otherwise unemployable riff raff out of the agency and away from the parasitic feeding spot that is Washington DC.

Jo

Why isn’t the Pentagon in Afghanistan?
That’s great idea.

let's not be shy about this.... it will be good to get all the politicians nieces, nephews, brothers-in-law and otherwise unemployable riff raff out of the agency and away from the parasitic feeding spot that is Washington DC.

Jo

I doubt too many of the 555 people moving are politicians nieces, nephews, brothers-in-law or otherwise.

Forum List

Back