Trump lost 10 GOP health care votes after personally visiting Congress for ‘hard sell’

at the end of the day that posh $172,000.00 dollar a year job, sitting in Congress a few days a month, wearing high dollar suits, and arguing like children, votes with its purse strings, and the cherry on top benefits ...

sorry Donnie YOU aint payin' me OR voting for me .. GFY

Seems as though the republican bill lacks what the ACA has, and thats why it won't pass. Aint that ironic
SOME of what the ACA has - the best parts and some new ideas...
What are the new ideas?
There have been quite a few pitched - look them up.
Pitched? you mean suggested, not implemented. How about selling insurance across state lines? Limitations on lawsuits?

Here is what happened when he visited Congress...
trump-the-destroyer-tiabbi-cover-story-rolling-stone-2-34b63f57-7c0a-4f80-9fd2-ce348a9ded97.jpg

Trump is making the mistake of trying to get it done QUICKLY by pushing Ryan's poor plan in order to keep a campaign promise instead of making sure it is done right.

He should tread with more care - After all, he doesn't want to end up like Obama and have his name associated with a POS.

The absolute best thing for Trump going forward is for this bill to quickly, quietly (yehh right) get voted down so that the house can go back and lay the groundwork required for this bill to be significantly better than what it is replacing, fully tapping into the private marketplace.

Pitched? you mean suggested, not implemented. How about selling insurance across state lines? Limitations on lawsuits?
Of course I mean 'pitched' as nothing has been implemented yet as there has been no GOP bill passed yet.

Of course I mean 'pitched' as nothing has been implemented yet as there has been no GOP bill passed yet.
Didn't Trump tell us that the ACA would be repealed immediately and a better plan would be instituted? I think he lied to everyone once again

Trump has painted himself into a corner. He has made this into a major event, and now it is seen as the harbinger of whether or not Trump's entire agenda of tax cuts, infrastructure investment, etc. is viable. Wall Street is holding it breath, and waiting to see what happens on Thursday. It looks like FAIL to me. it might have helped if the health care bill itself were not a Yugo, dressed up and painted to look like a BMW.

Trump is making the mistake of trying to get it done QUICKLY by pushing Ryan's poor plan in order to keep a campaign promise instead of making sure it is done right.

He should tread with more care - After all, he doesn't want to end up like Obama and have his name associated with a POS.

The absolute best thing for Trump going forward is for this bill to quickly, quietly (yehh right) get voted down so that the house can go back and lay the groundwork required for this bill to be significantly better than what it is replacing, fully tapping into the private marketplace.

BIG PROBLEM ..

Trump promised BETTER, LESS EXPENSIVE, healthcare.

I guess I dont understand any of it, because the ACA is far from collapsing
Thank you for admitting that you have no idea what is going on...

Is It Time To Acknowledge That Obamacare Is Collapsing?

"The answer to the question posed in the title of this article is "Yes." It would be far more productive to acknowledge what had been painfully obvious to many and what is likely now painfully obvious to those just dumped by Aetna. When you see the rapid contraction of the marketplace, when you see gross premiums increasing by more than 20%, and when you yourself are calling for the federal government to spend considerably more on Obamacare, it is time to admit that the existing Obamacare spaceship is passing the event horizon of the adverse selection black hole. Another quest for the unicorn of community rated health insurance has failed."

I guess I dont understand any of it, because the ACA is far from collapsing
Thank you for admitting that you have no idea what is going on...

Is It Time To Acknowledge That Obamacare Is Collapsing?

"The answer to the question posed in the title of this article is "Yes." It would be far more productive to acknowledge what had been painfully obvious to many and what is likely now painfully obvious to those just dumped by Aetna. When you see the rapid contraction of the marketplace, when you see gross premiums increasing by more than 20%, and when you yourself are calling for the federal government to spend considerably more on Obamacare, it is time to admit that the existing Obamacare spaceship is passing the event horizon of the adverse selection black hole. Another quest for the unicorn of community rated health insurance has failed."
Post whatever you like, its just more republican spew to allow them to repeal the ACA. Obamacare is not collapsing

Didn't Trump tell us that the ACA would be repealed immediately and a better plan would be instituted? I think he lied to everyone once again
Thank you for the exceptional demonstration of hyper-partisan spin...better known as bullshit.

Trump declared the ACA would be repealed and replaces because that was his intention. Only idiots, however, believed Trump could step into the WH and FORCE something to happen that was beyond his control.

Trump is not writing the bill.

Trump does not control Ryan and the process.

Trump can not pass it on his own.

If the GOP...and Democrats...take action to ensure the ACA replacement does not go through it is not a case of Trump having lied...no matter how badly snowflakes like you want to declare it to be so.

Again, thank you for that demonstration.

He's going to swing around his big ole 37% approval rating around to threaten Republicans. That must be the paper tiger sales technique.

I have been saying for at least a year that since Trump can not get along with anyone, mostly because of his ego, he certainly will not be able to get along with Congress. These guys not only have ego's nearly as large as his, but they don't owe him the time of day, especially since he wants to cut damned near everything out of the budget that is presently being spent in their states.

Trump is about to get a major wake up call from congress.

Thank you for the exceptional demonstration of hyper-partisan spin...better known as bullshit.

Trump declared the ACA would be repealed and replaces because that was his intention. Only idiots, however, believed Trump could step into the WH and FORCE something to happen that was beyond his control.

Trump is not writing the bill.

Trump does not control Ryan and the process.

Trump can not pass it on his own.

If the GOP...and Democrats...take action to ensure the ACA replacement does not go through it is not a case of Trump having lied...no matter how badly snowflakes like you want to declare it to be so.

Again, thank you for that demonstration.
Throughout the campaign, President-elect Trump promised that one of the first things he would do as president is to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA), more commonly known as Obamacare. However, he has also repeatedly promised to replace the ACA with a plan that is less costly, provides better benefits and offers coverage to more people. In interviews, he has said that he hopes to repeal the ACA and simultaneously replace it, possibly within the same day, with a new plan.

Forum List

Back