Trump Lies about Dead Decorated Veteran in Angry Rant

Since some people got their panties all twisted up because I dared compare Trump to Biden in a thread attacking Biden for a lie he told 30 years ago- here is a thread that we can devote to talking about Trump's lies.

This one is a great example of how Trump is at the same time petty, vindictive, dishonest- and likes to take credit for things that others have done.

Trump literally lied and took credit for what John McCain did. And then lied and claimed that John McCain couldn't get the legislation passed.

Yeah- Joe Biden lied 30 years ago about his college achievements- Trump lied while in office about something that actually matters.

Trump’s untruths about Veterans Choice illustrate the sheer audaciousness of his lies

“The vets — the VA was in horrible shape. Now, they have choice. And nobody could get choice,” he told ABC News recently. “John McCain couldn’t get it. Nobody could get it. They tried for years. They couldn’t get it. I got choice for the vets.”

In fact, the provision of the law that Trump touts most often — the ability of veterans to get private medical care if VA waitlists were too long — was something that McCain specifically pushed for and eventually won in his negotiations with then-Veterans’ Affairs Committee chairman, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

On the Senate floor on June 5, 2014, Sanders praised McCain for sticking by his principles and pushing the private doctor “choice” element even though Sanders disagreed with it. McCain responded: “We were able to come together I believe in a way that will help relieve this terrible tragedy that seems to have befallen our nation’s veterans.”

Following the compromise struck by McCain and Sanders, the legislation passed both chambers and on Aug. 7, 2014, was signed into law by then-President Barack Obama — notwithstanding Trump’s repeated false claims that the “VA choice” law was something that he himself achieved.

“They have trying to get it passed for 44 years. We got it passed,” he told a rally audience in Panama City, Florida, last month.

“We passed VA choice,” he repeated to an Orlando audience on Tuesday. “You go out now, you get a doctor, you fix yourself up, the doctor sends us the bill, we pay for it and you know what? It doesn’t matter because the life and the veteran is more important.”
Let me straighten you out here. Trump replaced VA Choice.
https://www.military.com/daily-news...5-billion-bill-replace-va-choice-program.html

yeah, he got the name wrong, but he was right about getting something great passed for Veterans and their care givers.

VA MISSION Act: What is the latest on community care ...
VA MISSION Act: What is the latest on community care? - VAntage Point
Note: This article is the second in a series on VA's progress implementing the VA MISSION Act of 2018. Last June, President Trump signed landmark legislation, known as the VA Mission Act of 2018, that makes dramatic improvements to how Veterans receive community care—health care provided outside of VA.VA's goal is to give Veterans greater choice over their health care, allowing VA to .
Senate Passes $55 Billion Veterans Affairs Reform Bill
News Releases - Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs
VA MISSION Act

depotoo,

Fair enough and thank you for a considered response. I do think we can discuss without insults and just basic ranting..

I will respond with this:\

PolitiFact - The VA’s private care program gave companies billions and vets longer waits

"Trump’s promises to veterans were a central message of his campaign. But his plans to shift their health care to the private sector put him on a collision course with veterans groups, whose members generally support the VA’s medical system and don’t want to see it privatized. The controversy around privatization, and the outsize influence of three Trump associates at Mar-a-Lago, has sown turmoil at the VA, endangering critical services from paying student stipends to preventing suicides and upgrading electronic medical records.

This program has not been proven yet but lets point out something.

The Shadow Rulers of the VA — ProPublica

"But hundreds of documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act and interviews with former administration officials tell a different story — of a previously unknown triumvirate that hovered over public servants without any transparency, accountability or oversight. The Mar-a-Lago Crowd spoke with VA officials daily, the documents show, reviewing all manner of policy and personnel decisions. They prodded the VA to start new programs, and officials travelled to Mar-a-Lago at taxpayer expense to hear their views. “Everyone has to go down and kiss the ring,” a former administration official said."

"At times, Perlmutter, Moskowitz and Sherman have created headaches for VA officials because of their failure to follow government rules and processes. In other cases, they used their influence in ways that could benefit their private interests. They say they never sought or received any financial gain for their advice to the VA."

So more money has been spent but with who? It look like crony capitalism from here... We wait to see the results?

Question could be asked: Obama looked for this kind of money McCain wanted it as well... What happen then?

Since some people got their panties all twisted up because I dared compare Trump to Biden in a thread attacking Biden for a lie he told 30 years ago- here is a thread that we can devote to talking about Trump's lies.

This one is a great example of how Trump is at the same time petty, vindictive, dishonest- and likes to take credit for things that others have done.

Trump literally lied and took credit for what John McCain did. And then lied and claimed that John McCain couldn't get the legislation passed.

Yeah- Joe Biden lied 30 years ago about his college achievements- Trump lied while in office about something that actually matters.

Trump’s untruths about Veterans Choice illustrate the sheer audaciousness of his lies

“The vets — the VA was in horrible shape. Now, they have choice. And nobody could get choice,” he told ABC News recently. “John McCain couldn’t get it. Nobody could get it. They tried for years. They couldn’t get it. I got choice for the vets.”

In fact, the provision of the law that Trump touts most often — the ability of veterans to get private medical care if VA waitlists were too long — was something that McCain specifically pushed for and eventually won in his negotiations with then-Veterans’ Affairs Committee chairman, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.).

On the Senate floor on June 5, 2014, Sanders praised McCain for sticking by his principles and pushing the private doctor “choice” element even though Sanders disagreed with it. McCain responded: “We were able to come together I believe in a way that will help relieve this terrible tragedy that seems to have befallen our nation’s veterans.”

Following the compromise struck by McCain and Sanders, the legislation passed both chambers and on Aug. 7, 2014, was signed into law by then-President Barack Obama — notwithstanding Trump’s repeated false claims that the “VA choice” law was something that he himself achieved.

“They have trying to get it passed for 44 years. We got it passed,” he told a rally audience in Panama City, Florida, last month.

“We passed VA choice,” he repeated to an Orlando audience on Tuesday. “You go out now, you get a doctor, you fix yourself up, the doctor sends us the bill, we pay for it and you know what? It doesn’t matter because the life and the veteran is more important.”
You really ARE one miserable individual. Your TDS is SO strong it clouds all of your thinking and posting on here. Please get some help!

Hmmmm that is some projection there Trumpkin- clearly me pointing out your Dear Leader's lies bothers you.

Wonder why that is?

I remember when you weren’t a total asshole.
What happened?
And please don’t tell me Trump.
You must have have a traumatic experience and require an outlet.

Why specifically- do you call me an asshole for pointing out Trump's lies?

I note you don't disagree or dispute that Trump lied- you just called me an asshole for pointing out our President's lie.

Why is that?

What happened?
Syriusly wasn't ALWAYS an asshole? Something DID happen. He's one of THE biggest assholes on this site.

Apparently to the Trumpkins- pointing out their Dear Leader's lies makes someone an 'asshole'.

Wow.

What happened?
If you disagree with him, prove it... You are just insulting the OP and proving him right.
Why would I waste time on someone who rants?
You used to be more normal also until “TRUMP”.

You wasted the time to call me an asshole- but not to respond to the actual post.

Which pretty much is a reflection on you.

He deserves credit for serving in Vietnam,

but McCain was a useless piece of shit throughout his time in congress

What happened?
If you disagree with him, prove it... You are just insulting the OP and proving him right.

He posted something with evidence... Sorry but you look like the one who is ranting..
Anything a politician says when giving a speech that has nothing to do with intended policy doesn’t even enter one of my ears.
You guys are spitting like psychos over every word that comes out of his mouth.

As I pointed out in the OP- there was a thread attacking Joe Biden for what he said- as a politician- giving a speech- 30 years ago.

I point out a blatant lie by Trump- and your response- "you are an asshole".

But really your real response is pretty clear- you don't care that Trump lies to Americans.

What happened?

I note you don't disagree or dispute that Trump lied- you just called me an asshole for pointing out our President's lie.

Why is that?
Because they all lie and hyperbolize and it’s boring when you blow off steam about every syllable he emits.
You dilute your message.

What happened?

He posted something with evidence... Sorry but you look like the one who is ranting..
Anything a politician says when giving a speech that has nothing to do with intended policy doesn’t even enter one of my ears.

As I pointed out in the OP- there was a thread attacking Joe Biden for what he said- as a politician- giving a speech- 30 years ago.

But really your real response is pretty clear- you don't care that Trump lies to Americans.
I voted for America and apparently you would rather we ship more jobs overseas and bring in more visas to take more jobs from Americans.
Are you one of those Portfolio worshippers or is your significant other a trespasser

Trump Signs $55 Billion Bill to Replace VA Choice Program

yeah, he got the name wrong, but he was right about getting something great passed for Veterans and their care givers.

Note: This article is the second in a series on VA's progress implementing the VA MISSION Act of 2018. Last June, President Trump signed landmark legislation, known as the VA Mission Act of 2018, that makes dramatic improvements to how Veterans receive community care—health care provided outside of VA.VA's goal is to give Veterans greater choice over their health care, allowing VA to .
VA MISSION Act
Thank you Dep- 19 posts in and you are the first person to respond to the substance of the thread- and not just make ad hominem attacks.

And you provided citations and everything. So I applaud you for all of that.

But you still can't get away from the fact that Trump literally lied and claimed credit for a bill that John McCain passed- and then in his petty way- dissed McCain by lying and saying that John McCain could never pass the bill.

He didn't just get the name wrong- he lied about the VA
and nobody could get choice,” he told ABC News recently. “John McCain couldn’t get it. Nobody could get it. They tried for years. They couldn’t get it. I got choice for the vets.”

A
nd that is a blatant lie- and so very typical of Trump lying to take credit for what others actually have done.

John McCain got Veterans choice passed- and because of John McCain veterans were able to use private doctors.

Trump signed an expansion of VA Choice- the VA Mission Act- or as Congress named it:
The full title of the bill, which passed the Senate on a 92-5 vote Wednesday, is the "John S. McCain III, Daniel K. Akaka, and Samuel R. Johnson VA Maintaining Internal Systems and Strengthening Integrated Outside Networks Act of 2018."
VA health care bill named after John McCain - CNNPolitics

Yes- Trump literally signed a bill named after John McCain- and slandered John McCain while taking credit for giving Veterans the choice to seek outside medical care.

Literally the only thing Trump had to do with this bill was telling the Senate he would sign it- and signing it.

He deserves credit for serving in Vietnam,

but McCain was a useless piece of shit throughout his time in congress

Yet Trump took credit for Veterans Choice- legislation that John McCain passed.

So- is Trump a useless shit for taking credit for a piece of shit program that John McCain passed?
Or is Trump a useless shit for taking credit for an important Veterans program that John McCain passed?

What happened?

Why is that?
Because they all lie and hyperbolize and it’s boring when you blow off steam about every syllable he emits.
You dilute your message.

Not sure how pointing out Trump's most blatant lies dilutes my message that Trump is a morally corrupt liar.

I voted for America and apparently you would rather we ship more jobs overseas and bring in more visas to take more jobs from Americans.
Are you one of those Portfolio worshippers or is your significant other a trespasser

America has never been on the ballot- really- do you think Trump is our King or something? You didn't vote for America- you voted for a man.

I get that you approve of what you believe Trump has done- and what you believe that Trump stands for. You could have actually said "I am okay with Trump's lies because I like his agenda"

But instead you called me an asshole for pointing out his blatant lie. Really so far your contribution to this thread has been 95% ad hominem attack. Do you really believe that your Dear Leader should be completely immune from any criticism?

So who is really being the asshole in this thread?

All we can do as citizens is to judge honesty or dishonesty in the now...not years ago when truth was not as crucial as it is when you are President or Vice President in Biden's case...and Trump is honest to a fault today and since he won the presidency....so what happened years ago are wasted loads of nothing....

Stupid TDS homo, President Trump is talking about the bill passed in 2018, not the 2014 one.

You may want to use sources other than “Vox”.

President Trump signs VA law giving vets private healthcare choices

America has never been on the ballot- really- do you think Trump is our King or something? You didn't vote for America- you voted for a man.

I get that you approve of what you believe Trump has done- and what you believe that Trump stands for. You could have actually said "I am okay with Trump's lies because I like his agenda"

But instead you called me an asshole for pointing out his blatant lie. Really so far your contribution to this thread has been 95% ad hominem attack. Do you really believe that your Dear Leader should be completely immune from any criticism?

So who is really being the asshole in this thread?
I have been reading your posts for a number of years and you used to be somewhat rational.
You have become bitter and irrational.
I was going to vote for Bernie before Hillary entered the race and Bernie went “Black Lives Matter” as opposed to “All Lives Matter”.
Trump and Sanders weren’t that far apart in terms of MAGA.

McCain's service was a long time ago. He used up the credit from that, decades ago.

Trump Signs $55 Billion Bill to Replace VA Choice Program

VA MISSION Act
Thank you Dep- 19 posts in and you are the first person to respond to the substance of the thread- and not just make ad hominem attacks.

And you provided citations and everything. So I applaud you for all of that.

But you still can't get away from the fact that Trump literally lied and claimed credit for a bill that John McCain passed- and then in his petty way- dissed McCain by lying and saying that John McCain could never pass the bill.

He didn't just get the name wrong- he lied about the VA
and nobody could get choice,” he told ABC News recently. “John McCain couldn’t get it. Nobody could get it. They tried for years. They couldn’t get it. I got choice for the vets.”

A
nd that is a blatant lie- and so very typical of Trump lying to take credit for what others actually have done.

John McCain got Veterans choice passed- and because of John McCain veterans were able to use private doctors.

Trump signed an expansion of VA Choice- the VA Mission Act- or as Congress named it:
The full title of the bill, which passed the Senate on a 92-5 vote Wednesday, is the "John S. McCain III, Daniel K. Akaka, and Samuel R. Johnson VA Maintaining Internal Systems and Strengthening Integrated Outside Networks Act of 2018."
VA health care bill named after John McCain - CNNPolitics

Yes- Trump literally signed a bill named after John McCain- and slandered John McCain while taking credit for giving Veterans the choice to seek outside medical care.

Literally the only thing Trump had to do with this bill was telling the Senate he would sign it- and signing it.
No, it was a different bill he called the Choice bill, it was the VA Mission Act ye was talking about. When he called it the Choice bill, he had just signed the VA Mission Act of 2018. The former bill he extended was the Choice bill, which was McCain’s Bill. This was the new bill he was actually speaking of. Yeah, a big screw up by him, getting the name of it wrong.
But it was an error, not a lie, totally different things.

His anger with McCain was wrong to show publicly, but I having been falsely accused by others before, and understand it. McCain helped set in motion the investigation into him that was unwarranted and without ever coming to him about it. You know it set in motion so much turmoil for his presidency, and unwarranted accusations also against his family. It set our country on end. Sadly, McCain was also used, but he allowed himself to be.
VA MISSION Act of 2018 (2018 - S. 2372)

Forum List

Back