Trump Killing the GOP

There's always the kid's table forum. <snicker> The election is going to be an international embarrassment.

You view any election where Kim Jong Un fails to win as an embarrassment...
It's going to be an embarrassment because all those people are going to act like jackasses to try to get the asshole vote thinking they can actually win with that. None of them act with the solemn dignity required to be president.

"solemn dignity required to be president?"

:thewave:

:clap2:

:rofl:
Yes, you remember that shameful dolt you people elected in 2000 that acted like a frat boy? Do you people actually like that sort of thing?

"What can stop Trump from being the GOP nominee?"

Trump.
that makes absolutely no sense. Trump would not want to stop Trump, but voters probably would
It makes prefect sense, eventually he is going to say something so inflammatory that it will go down in history as the greatest act of self-sabotage in living memory.

I guess you haven't been paying close attention. His appeal would rise among the malcontents.

People who with abandon disparage government, politicians, and parties are partly to blame. They primed the pump? I suspect you fall into that category so are blind -- blind because you are too close to the poisonous atmosphere you helped to create. Remember, Trump didn't build IT alone

"What can stop Trump from being the GOP nominee?"

Trump.
that makes absolutely no sense. Trump would not want to stop Trump, but voters probably would

He means Trump is an idiot

I don't think so. I think he thinks he is making an astute point. You? You just may be his doppelganger
It does not take a lot of astuteness to see Trump is a fiery train wreck waiting to happen.

T
For those of you who believe Hillary is smart enough to plant Trump in the GOP race, consider how dumb that makes Republican voters because he is KILLING it after last night. What can stop Trump from being the GOP nominee?

Republicans don't seem to excited about the people in their race.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/04/u...blican-debate-rounding-could-decide.html?_r=0

SPOILER! Perry Jindal Santorum Fiorino Pataki & Lindsay Graham don't make it.

The Republican Party hurts itself. The only reason why the GOP took back the Hill in 2014 is because people were tired of the Democrats. As for '16, I don't think the American voter is going to let one party dominate The Hill and The White House.
That is not true. They took back the hill because people were so disgusted how all the politicians acted from 2008 to 2010. It was total gridlock. Nothing got done so they sat it out in 2010. The gop always do better in midterms because of low voter turn out.

What you said is just your spin on the truth. Basically you are either a fool or liar. Which is it? IF you believe what you wrote you are a fool.

They tea bagged the Democrats and the stupid American people who don't vote rewarded the obstructionists. It's why you didn't win in 2012. Enough people do show up to General Election years.

Spin? Your excuse is that people stayed home and the American People got teabagged? The American People are not going to let one Party dominate. Simple. If Democrat wins WH in '16, Republicans keep the Hill.

There's always the kid's table forum. <snicker> The election is going to be an international embarrassment.

Kasich is going to be the big winner. He will move way up in the polls. I expect him to be right behind Trump with Bush and Walker after this debate. Cruz, Paul, Huckabee, and Carson will have to think real hard about staying in after this debate. Rubio is big question mark. He needs to remain relevant to have a shot at the VP slot if Kasich or Trump win the nomination. I Jeb wins the nomination, I'm not sure picking Rubio helps him.

For those of you who believe Hillary is smart enough to plant Trump in the GOP race, consider how dumb that makes Republican voters because he is KILLING it after last night. What can stop Trump from being the GOP nominee?

Republicans don't seem to excited about the people in their race.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/04/u...blican-debate-rounding-could-decide.html?_r=0

SPOILER! Perry Jindal Santorum Fiorino Pataki & Lindsay Graham don't make it.

Trump is not killing the GOP. He's revealing it for what it is. He's performing a public service, for cryin' out loud.

Kasich is going to be the big winner. He will move way up in the polls. I expect him to be right behind Trump with Bush and Walker after this debate. Cruz, Paul, Huckabee, and Carson will have to think real hard about staying in after this debate. Rubio is big question mark. He needs to remain relevant to have a shot at the VP slot if Kasich or Trump win the nomination. I Jeb wins the nomination, I'm not sure picking Rubio helps him.
There can be no clear winner of a debate like this. Every one of them will keep on until their money runs out, the polls probably will not even change significantly.

There can be no clear winner of a debate like this. Every one of them will keep on until their money runs out, the polls probably will not even change significantly.

I might be wrong, but I think Kasich is the dark horse the party is looking for. Because he is only around 4%, moving up to 10% or 12% would make him the big winner if Trump fades a little and everyone else stays the same.

What can stop Trump from being the GOP nominee?
Republican voters who will not vote for Trump. He has a minority of potential voters. No votes have been cast as of yet. He will not win the nomination nor will he be selected at any GOP convention

He has a minority of potential voters? Where do you get this stuff, besides from your own opinion. Most of today's headlines are how Trump has 52% favorability rating right now, more than Bush and Cruz combined. No, no votes have been cast yet, but if it were time to pick a candidate TODAY, the election would be between Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump...IF based on what the American people are saying RIGHT NOW. Both you and I are smart enough, though, to realize the Republican Establishment and the Democratic Party establishment will NEVER allow Sanders to represend the Democratic Part, and the GOP will never allow Trump to represent the GOP. They are NOT part of the Washington Insiders, are not 'controllable', and thus will NOT be given the nominations, no matter what. In that, we seem to agree.
They could get trump or Sanders to go along in order to get the nomination just like Obama did I'm sure.

And mess with them too much get carter'ed or WORSE jfk'd

He has a minority of potential voters? Where do you get this stuff, besides from your own opinion. Most of today's headlines are how Trump has 52% favorability rating right now, more than Bush and Cruz combined. No, no votes have been cast yet, but if it were time to pick a candidate TODAY, the election would be between Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump...IF based on what the American people are saying RIGHT NOW. Both you and I are smart enough, though, to realize the Republican Establishment and the Democratic Party establishment will NEVER allow Sanders to represend the Democratic Part, and the GOP will never allow Trump to represent the GOP. They are NOT part of the Washington Insiders, are not 'controllable', and thus will NOT be given the nominations, no matter what. In that, we seem to agree.

omfg! You think popularity polls translate into votes? :rofl:

Didn't say that, genius. The only thing we have to go on right now, since no one has voted as you pointed out, are the polls. Right now, those indicators are showing Trump leading the GOP and Sanders leading the DNC. Words mean something - learn to read rather than being more interested in injecting your own ideas/opinion/meaning into them.

and in the real world, popularity has been shown to mislead on election day.

It's easy as, 1 2 3. As simple as, do re mi A B C, 1 2 3 Herman Cain I Damn Near Won The 2012 Presidential Election The Daily Caller

popularity and perception have fooled better men than you. Would have said lesser men, but in your case...

Wow...did you REALLY just write that diatribe and quote the Jackson 5? ROFLOL! Dante, I haven't been fooled...my point, which you are euither intentionally play ignorant and not get or simply CAN'T get it, is at this time Sanders 'leads' the Democrats, and Trump 'leads' the GOP. Popularity does not get President elected, especially at this stage...but it DOES determine (for the GOP, Dems are 'ducking debates) determine who gets to attend debates. That makes a lot of difference...it means that out of all the candidates in the GOP race, some of them are going to start getting weeded out based on current 'popularity'.

They do not lead in the way you misinterpret and misunderstand. They only lead in popularity and even that is misinterpreted

Maybe you need pictures? :rofl:

graphs courtesy of Nate Silver:

Donald Trump Is The Nickelback Of GOP Candidates FiveThirtyEight

Donald Trump Is The World s Greatest Troll FiveThirtyEight

and for fun: 800 Of You Told Us Which Candidates Fox News Should Invite To The GOP Debate FiveThirtyEight

btw, Dante has NOT been following Nate of late :D
Making excuses why jebs gonna be your nominee already?

Forum List

Back