Trump is the Commander-in-Chief!

Should President Trump, or any future POTUS, invaded a country without provocation?

• I really don't care, do you

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Duty to Protect.....libs told me so....see Libya

Once again, a comprehensive and fact filled response, thanks so much for sharing.

SARCASM ALERT
Obviously you paid little attn when Obama was in office. That was his excuse for his adventurism ........which fits Venezuela very nicely.....

You didn't pay attention, you're doing nothing but echoing talking points. You have no facts which suggest you know nothing of substance, and only echo those things which confirm - in your mind - your biases.

Obviously you paid little attn when Obama was in office.

Obama was the only two-term president who was at war every day of his two terms. Where was the outrage then? I may have missed it from Wry Catcher. I had her on ignore for several years and only took her off ignore recently.

To her credit, discussing the War Powers Act is very important. It's a topic I'd like to see discussed at the national level. As a veteran, I'd like to see it removed. I still, after all these years, can't believe it was passed. Congress abdicated its sole responsibility to declare war. They did it for political cover. What the Hell do you think is going to happen if you allow one man free use of unlimited military power?

Duty to Protect.....libs told me so....see Libya

Once again, a comprehensive and fact filled response, thanks so much for sharing.

SARCASM ALERT
Obviously you paid little attn when Obama was in office. That was his excuse for his adventurism ........which fits Venezuela very nicely.....

You didn't pay attention, you're doing nothing but echoing talking points. You have no facts which suggest you know nothing of substance, and only echo those things which confirm - in your mind - your biases.
It's this type of dishonesty that has made your party a joke.....

My hero's? They are all dead, you can read their names on the Vietnam Wall in The District. I don't want anyone to carry coffins which I did too often in my youth, especially when a draft dodging POS sends them to their grave.

Careful how you speak of the man we trusted to make commander-in-chief.

My hero's? They are all dead, you can read their names on the Vietnam Wall in The District. I don't want anyone to carry coffins which I did too often in my youth, especially when a draft dodging POS sends them to their grave.

Careful how you speak of the man we trusted to make commander-in-chief.

Why did you trust him? And, why should I be careful? He is exactly what he has proved himself to be exactly what I called him.

Obama was the only two-term president who was at war every day of his two terms. Where was the outrage then? I may have missed it from Wry Catcher. I had her on ignore for several years and only took her off ignore recently.

To her credit, discussing the War Powers Act is very important. It's a topic I'd like to see discussed at the national level. As a veteran, I'd like to see it removed. I still, after all these years, can't believe it was passed. Congress abdicated its sole responsibility to declare war. They did it for political cover. What the Hell do you think is going to happen if you allow one man free use of unlimited military power?

I'm not a her, but that's not my point. Obama inherited the war on terror, as well as wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. As General Powell once stated, if you break it, you own it. Bush&Co broke it, and Obama owned it. He may have been at war for 8 years, but the number of KIA's dropped rapidly under his leadership and the end in Iraq met the timeline set by President Bush.

Obama's management of war in Afghanistan was to cut off the heads of command by drones, and for this he was criticized; yet he authorized boots on the ground to kill OBL.

so, should the CIC be able to start a war with Venezuela?

my answer is hell no!

The War Powers Act was feckless BS from day one. Feckless congress for abdicating their sole responsibility of declaring OR NOT DECLARING WAR. Bastards. Feckless bastards.

Pisses me off to no end after all these years. Our founding fathers wanted war to be hard to declare, not easy.

As much as I admire Truman, he pushed the snowball down the hill. Then that traitor Johnson went total retard in Vietnam. Since then, constant war. Clinton completely blew it off during "Operation Monica".

The last declared war this country has been in was WW2 yet we've been fighting almost continuously since 1950.

War Powers Act - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

so, should the CIC be able to start a war with Venezuela?

my answer is hell no!

The War Powers Act was feckless BS from day one. Feckless congress for abdicating their sole responsibility of declaring OR NOT DECLARING WAR. Bastards. Feckless bastards.

Pisses me off to no end after all these years. Our founding fathers wanted war to be hard to declare, not easy.

As much as I admire Truman, he pushed the snowball down the hill. Then that traitor Johnson went total retard in Vietnam. Since then, constant war. Clinton completely blew it off during "Operation Monica".

The last declared war this country has been in was WW2 yet we've been fighting almost continuously since 1950.

War Powers Act - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com
I agree!!!! pisses me off too!

I'm not a her, but that's not my point. Obama inherited the war on terror, as well as wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. As General Powell once stated, if you break it, you own it. Bush&Co broke it, and Obama owned it. He may have been at war for 8 years, but the number of KIA's dropped rapidly under his leadership and the end in Iraq met the timeline set by President Bush.

Obama's management of war in Afghanistan was to cut off the heads of command by drones, and for this he was criticized; yet he authorized boots on the ground to kill OBL.
Libya was pure adventurism.....a good little war.....,

LBJ created a fake "Tonkin Gulf Crisis" that nobody could find at the time and he used it to ship American Troops to Vietnam. The idiotic mainstream media at the time sanctioned it and later blamed the whole thing on Nixon. LBJ set the rules so that the greatest Military force in the world could win every battle and still lose the freaking war. The mainstream media backed away from criticizing LBJ at the time because you just don't monitor the performance of a democrat in the age of Cronkite and Nixon took the criticism for trying to win the freaking war that LBJ started. Today it seems that the crazy angry left and the crazy angry MSM are indistinguishable from each other.

LBJ created a fake "Tonkin Gulf Crisis" that nobody could find at the time and he used it to ship American Troops to Vietnam. The idiotic mainstream media at the time sanctioned it and later blamed the whole thing on Nixon. LBJ set the rules so that the greatest Military force in the world could win every battle and still lose the freaking war. The mainstream media backed away from criticizing LBJ at the time because you just don't monitor the performance of a democrat in the age of Cronkite and Nixon took the criticism for trying to win the freaking war that LBJ started. Today it seems that the crazy angry left and the crazy angry MSM are indistinguishable from each other.

A post filled by half-truths and bias.

For the record:

Tonkin Gulf Resolution is passed - Aug 07, 1964 - HISTORY.com

To this day they still use the word "alleged" to describe the alleged attacks on U.S. Destroyers that prompted the "crisis" and it doesn't even make sense that the V.C. would invite American incursion with a freaking rocket attack on U.S. warships that fell into the sea. The conclusion is that LBJ motivated congress to authorize unlimited American Troops to respond to a faked crisis. The authorization came within a week of the alleged attacks and congress didn't have time to investigate the issue and it should be noted that the mainstream media and Walter Cronkite was solidly behind anything LBJ had to say at the time until things went sour.

Read and consider:

Trump pressed aides on Venezuela invasion, US official says

If as Commander-in-Chief is there a check and balance which would prevent such an order?

Checking into the possibility is not an "order".

And I for one think it would be foolish and irresponsible if we did NOT have such a plan already resting somewhere in the Pentagon. Because of the growing unrest in that region, it would be foolish to not have such a plan in place.

And let me give you a perfect example of why such might end up being used.

Imagine the country of Myopia is going through a long term phase of civil disorder. Food supplies have broken down, and the government has started to enforce it's control brutally. And in the wake of this, separatist factions have popped up, to the point that civilians are under constant attack, and some are even starting to attack neighboring nations for food and supplies.

And in the wake of such activities, the UNSC decides to put in a group of "peacekeepers" on the ground of Myopia. Of course the first groups to go in to help enforce UN resolutions are going to essentially be "invaders". Landing by sea or air into a location where they have no facilities. Having to seize a location, and probably hold it against one or more groups that will be hostile to the UN presence.

And I am not entirely speaking hypothetically. It has happened a great many times in the past. In Lebanon twice. Cyprus, Haiti, Korea, India and Pakistan, Tajikistan, Georgia, Mozambique, Cambodia, Somalia, Liberia, Congo, the list simply goes on and on and on.

Being that Venezuela is in the Western Hemisphere, it would only be natural for the US to get tapped to lead such an operation. And putting into place the initial peacekeeers would be exactly like an invasion.

And if anybody has been watching Venezuela in the last few years, they are teetering dangerously close to civil war again. Making sure there are actually plans in place is not dangerous, it is the thing I would expect the President and military to be doing before they are actually needed.

Forum List

Back