Trump: I'd Put A 35% Tax On Cars Made In Mexico!!!!

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
Breitbart.com ^ | September 15, 2015 | Ian Hanchett
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said he would impose a 35% tax on any cars made in Mexico to keep companies from moving out of the US.

I'm waiting to hear all the UNION GUYS come in here and BASH Trump for saving their jobs.... any takers?

fcoe3m.jpg

I like Tariffs and they should be re-instituted but I'd like to see his plans for getting around NAFTA or whatever "agreement" sent those manufacturing plants to Mexico.

I don't doubt it could be done, just wanna' see the details. BEFORE it gets passed this time!

This is a great idea Mr.Trump! ;) He should also raise taxes on the rich 5% about 10%.
Matthew, (my hubby's name as well!)

The reason this is not a GREAT IDEA and why it shows Trumps total lack of understanding the Constitution and TREATIES, he would know that putting a tariff on cars from Mexico, would be breaking NAFTA, a treaty, which allows no tariffs.... after all it is called the North American FREE TRADE Agreement.

I like Tariffs and they should be re-instituted but I'd like to see his plans for getting around NAFTA or whatever "agreement" sent those manufacturing plants to Mexico.

I don't doubt it could be done, just wanna' see the details. BEFORE it gets passed this time!
great minds think alike! :D

This is a great idea Mr.Trump! ;) He should also raise taxes on the rich 5% about 10%.

The reason this is not a GREAT IDEA and why it shows Trumps total lack of understanding the Constitution and TREATIES, he would know that putting a tariff on cars from Mexico, would be breaking NAFTA, a treaty, which allows no tariffs.... after all it is called the North American FREE TRADE Agreement.
A"FREE TRADE AGREEMENT" is NOT a treaty. Look the words up.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce credits NAFTA with increasing U.S. trade in goods and services with Canada and Mexico from $337 billion in 1993 to $1.2 trillion in 2011, while the AFL-CIO blames the agreement for sending 700,000 American manufacturing jobs to Mexico over that time.[26]

He'll just write an executive order that amends or ends NAFTA. (you lwnj's can pretend it is Obama doing it, that will make it all better)

Free trade agreements are changed and cancelled quite frequently.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce credits NAFTA with increasing U.S. trade in goods and services with Canada and Mexico from $337 billion in 1993 to $1.2 trillion in 2011, while the AFL-CIO blames the agreement for sending 700,000 American manufacturing jobs to Mexico over that time.[26]
It was always about replacing American workers with cheaper labor.

Bill Clinton signed it into law!

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said he would impose a 35% tax on any cars made in Mexico to keep companies from moving out of the US.

I'm waiting to hear all the UNION GUYS come in here and BASH Trump for saving their jobs.... any takers?

fcoe3m.jpg

Yo, Trump To The Rescue!
00H0H_bJLWhYl7Afk_600x450.jpg

"GTP"

don't be silly!!! :lol:

List of United States treaties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

don't be silly!!! :lol:

List of United States treaties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Iran Deal is a treaty!

5e19Rhx.jpg

He's making promises that he can't keep and making enemies along the way.

fcoe3m.jpg

The problem with tarrif's (as we have already experienced) is that once we put them on, the other country returns the favor by putting a tariff tax on our goods. So while the (union) car manufactures will be happy--UNION appliance manufacturers, and a whole lot of other industries that sell their goods to Mexico will be shitting their pants--DA--DUH.

ufonotcomingback_thumb.jpg

Bill Clinton signed it into law!
And President George H.W. Bush, created it, negotiated it, and signed it, along with the president of Mexico, and Prime Min of Canada....

Bil Clinton, before he was elected, said he would HONOR what President Bush1, and the heads of Mexico and Canada negotiated if he were elected President

Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1990 among the three nations, U.S. President George H. W. Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for spearheading and promoting the agreement, ceremonially signed the agreement in their respective capitals on December 17, 1992.[5] The signed agreement then needed to be ratified by each nation's legislative or parliamentary branch.

Forum List

Back