Trump: ‘I don’t think it’s inappropriate’ asking for FBI chief’s loyalty

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

President Trump argued Friday that there is nothing “inappropriate” about asking for the FBI director’s loyalty, while denying that he made such a demand before firing former director James Comey.

The New York Times reported Thursday that Trump demanded that Comey pledge his loyalty to him during a dinner in late January, a week after Trump took office.

Trump purportedly asked for Comey’s loyalty later in the meal and was again refused.

------------------------------
There have been all kinds of leaders in the past that demanded "loyalty".

Saddam
Ghaddafi
Adolph
Vladimir
Stalin
Kim Jong Un
Mao

The list is endless.

Is there anything wrong with that?

shakehead.gif
Amazing, truly mind-boggling.

Rump be all like
:dig:

It's like he realizes he doesn't want the job and is trying to find a way out that makes him the victim. He's gotta be thinking "what do I have to DO to get impeached around here??".

-- Which actually is a very fair question. I say give him his answer. The orangeman has wondered long enough. Put him out of his misery.

shakehead.gif
Amazing, truly mind-boggling.

Rump be all like
:dig:

It's like he realizes he doesn't want the job and is trying to find a way out that makes him the victim. He's gotta be thinking "what do I have to DO to get impeached around here??".

-- Which actually is a very fair question. I say give him his answer. The orangeman has wondered long enough. Put him out of his misery.
Put him and his admin on permanent hiatus.

The FBI director should be loyal to his country and the victims of crimes....not to just one individual.

In a country that respects itself, he should be impeached or step down. Unbelievable I have people from other parts of the world asking if it's just satire. Just WOW!!!

• Banned
In a country that respects itself, he should be impeached or step down. Unbelievable I have people from other parts of the world asking if it's just satire. Just WOW!!!
Countries friendly to us are scared.

This goes to the ignorance of Donald Trump. He thinks the federal government belongs to him and exists for his benefit. It belongs to the people of the United States and that is who they should give a loyalty oath to.

This is one of those threads you couldn't get Republicans to "take the other side".

The righties have gone very silent all of sudden...

The laugh is they tried to insinuate Bill Clinton to do this with absolutely no proof... But Trump just blurts out that he expects to have the FBI loyal to just him and nothing...

Comey was loyal enough to look the American people in the eye and tell them that what Hillary Clinton did was wrong but he was choosing not to prosecute her and also emphasized that if anyone else did what she did, they would be prosecuted.

The righties have gone very silent all of sudden...

The laugh is they tried to insinuate Bill Clinton to do this with absolutely no proof... But Trump just blurts out that he expects to have the FBI loyal to just him and nothing...

Why is the Left shitting themselves over such a concept? Down the hall at the DOJ, we saw the likes of Reno, Holder, and Lynch take personal loyalty to the President to new heights.

President Trump argued Friday that there is nothing “inappropriate” about asking for the FBI director’s loyalty, while denying that he made such a demand before firing former director James Comey.

The New York Times reported Thursday that Trump demanded that Comey pledge his loyalty to him during a dinner in late January, a week after Trump took office.

Trump purportedly asked for Comey’s loyalty later in the meal and was again refused.

------------------------------
There have been all kinds of leaders in the past that demanded "loyalty".

Saddam
Ghaddafi
Adolph
Vladimir
Stalin
Kim Jong Un
Mao

The list is endless.

Is there anything wrong with that?
jesus kinda demanded loyalty too....

Forum List

Back