Trump faked his heritage just like he's accusing Warren of doing

I never made the claim, so I've no problem saying that. Your problem here is you are arguing with me as if I am a partisan hack and I am not. I suspect you are though.
Harvard DEFINITELY touted Warren as professor of Indian heritage
You are not a partisan hack as sure as you never claimed "Harvard DEFINITELY touted Warren as professor of Indian heritage."

They did, they listed her in a law journal as Indian heritage. Which is not the same as they hired her for being an Indian which I don't know about. My claims are 100% fact.
No they didn't, there was no mention of being Indian in her 1992 listing.

Harvard-Womens-Law-Journal-Women-of-Color-Warren-entry.png

Trump gets caught lying again.

Shortly after World War II, Donald Trump's father Fred falsely claimed their family was Swedish, hiding their German heritage to avoid any problems selling apartments to Jewish customers, the Boston Globe reported last year. Donald Trump was still claiming Swedish heritage as late as his 1987 book "Art of the Deal," in which he writes that his grandfather came to the U.S. from Sweden.

Why it matters: After President Trump called Sen. Elizabeth Warren "Pocahontas" at an event honoring Navajo Code Talkers, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders defended him saying, ""I think what most people find offensive is Elizabeth Warren lying about her heritage to advance her career."

Correction: This story initially misidentified Fred as Trump's brother, rather than his father.
Swedish, German, whatever.

Now tell me what difference does it make.

Hillary-what-difference-does-it-make.jpg

I never made the claim, so I've no problem saying that. Your problem here is you are arguing with me as if I am a partisan hack and I am not. I suspect you are though.
You are not a partisan hack as sure as you never claimed "Harvard DEFINITELY touted Warren as professor of Indian heritage."

They did, they listed her in a law journal as Indian heritage. Which is not the same as they hired her for being an Indian which I don't know about. My claims are 100% fact.

Do you people just not do any research? Snopes has CONFIRMED that Harvard had Warren listed as a minority in the American Association of Law Schools directory.

Seriously, do some research before posting, else just don't post on a topic.

FACT CHECK: Did Elizabeth Warren Lie About Her Native American Heritage to Land a Job at Harvard?

giphy.gif

Do you people just not do any research? Snopes has CONFIRMED that Harvard had Warren listed as a minority in the American Association of Law Schools directory.

I've lost track of how many times you have told me to do what you refuse to do yourself!

It was the U of Pennsylvania who listed Warren in the AALS.

From your OWN link:
while Warren was at U. Penn. Law School she put herself on the “Minority Law Teacher” list as Native American) in the faculty directory of the Association of American Law Schools

I've lost track of how many times you have told me to do what you refuse to do yourself!

Warren said she didn’t know Harvard had used her heritage as proof of diversity until reading about the issue in the news,

Really? Warren seems to believe Harvard used her "heritage" for something

Shortly after World War II, Donald Trump's father Fred falsely claimed their family was Swedish, hiding their German heritage to avoid any problems selling apartments to Jewish customers, the Boston Globe reported last year. Donald Trump was still claiming Swedish heritage as late as his 1987 book "Art of the Deal," in which he writes that his grandfather came to the U.S. from Sweden.

Why it matters: After President Trump called Sen. Elizabeth Warren "Pocahontas" at an event honoring Navajo Code Talkers, Press Secretary Sarah Sanders defended him saying, ""I think what most people find offensive is Elizabeth Warren lying about her heritage to advance her career."

Correction: This story initially misidentified Fred as Trump's brother, rather than his father.
Trump will be visiting SLC today.
It’s usually customary for church leaders to give them a copy of thei geneology
It's customary for presidential candidates to release tax returns yet that didn't happen.

Warren said she didn’t know Harvard had used her heritage as proof of diversity until reading about the issue in the news,

Compliance with affirmative action..

A Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe leader issued a damning response Wednesday to President Donald Trump’s “Pocahontas” slur earlier this week during an event meant to honor Navajo Code Talkers.

Harold Frazier, chairman of the South Dakota-based tribe, said he was “deeply ashamed” of Trump’s “disgusting” treatment of the World War II veterans and appeared to suggest that the president should resign.

“The President of the United States had an opportunity to honor veterans and bridge gaps in the relationship Tribes have with the Federal government,” Frazier said in a statement sent to HuffPost. “Instead, he chose to disgrace himself, his position and the nation he represents.”

Frazier continued, “The President of the United States wanted to utilize an opportunity to honor native warriors who defended this land to make a political attack. I have one for him, leave the office you bought and take your swamp things with you.”

Sioux Leader To Trump: 'Leave The Office You Bought And Take Your Swamp Things With You'

giphy.gif

That guy was in an episode of Star Trek and Hang Em High

Trump will be visiting SLC today.
It’s usually customary for church leaders to give them a copy of thei geneology
It's customary for presidential candidates to release tax returns yet that didn't happen.
So following your statement to it's logical conclusion, the Mormon Church isn't going to give Trump a copy of his genealogy.
:rolleyes:

she was touted after her hire at Harvard Law School as, yes, the school’s “first woman of color.”
Harvard NEVER named who the woman was, it is just conjecture that it was her. She was hired on her own superlative merits.

That isn't entirely true. Harvard DEFINITELY touted Warren as professor of Indian heritage, as did the University of Pennsylvania when she taught there.

Now , as to whether she was hired specifically because she claimed to be an Indian, that is pure speculation.
No it was "purely" debunked!!!

From the earlier cited link:
The Herald has twice quoted Charles Fried, the head of the Harvard appointing committee that recommended Warren for her position in 1995, saying that the Democratic candidate’s heritage didn’t come up during the course of her hiring. “It simply played no role in the appointments process,” he said. “It was not mentioned and I didn’t mention it to the faculty.”

Harvard hired Warren for a temporary position in 1992, and the law school reported a Native American woman on its federally mandated affirmative-action report. The program did not report a Native American woman for 1993 through 1995, during which time Warren was back at Penn — she had spurned Harvard’s initial offer of a tenured position, according to a Globe report.

Warren finally accepted a tenured teaching job at Harvard in 1995. An announcement of the professor’s hire that year in the Harvard Crimson did not mention her lineage or say that she was the law school’s first Native American faculty member.

She listed herself as a minority on a legal directory reviewed by deans and hiring committees.

The University of Pennsylvania “listed her as a minority faculty member,” and she was touted after her hire at Harvard Law School as, yes, the school’s “first woman of color.”

Elizabeth Warren, Progressive Fraud

The Boston Globe article in the first link is behind a pay wall but you can read the title for a second before it comes up and somebodyfortunately copy/pasted it to freerepublic:

Records shed more light on Elizabeth Warren’s minority status

Swedish, German, whatever.

Now tell me what difference does it make.

Hillary-what-difference-does-it-make.jpg
Why did he lie?

she was touted after her hire at Harvard Law School as, yes, the school’s “first woman of color.”
Harvard NEVER named who the woman was, it is just conjecture that it was her. She was hired on her own superlative merits.

Not true:

But a 1997 Fordham Law Review piece described her as Harvard Law School's "first woman of color," based, according to the notes at the bottom of the story, on a "telephone interview with Michael Chmura, News Director, Harvard Law (Aug. 6, 1996)."

The mention was in the middle of a lengthy and heavily-annotated Fordham piece on diversity and affirmative action and women. The title of the piece, by Laura Padilla, was "Intersectionality and positionality: Situating women of color in the affirmative action dialogue."

"There are few women of color who hold important positions in the academy, Fortune 500 companies, or other prominent fields or industries," the piece says. "This is not inconsequential. Diversifying these arenas, in part by adding qualified women of color to their ranks, remains important for many reaons. For one, there are scant women of color as role models. In my three years at Stanford Law School, there were no professors who were women of color. Harvard Law School hired its first woman of color, Elizabeth Warren, in 1995."

Fordham piece called Warren Harvard Law's 'first woman of color'

No, she read the Boston Herald's report that Harvard had used her heritage, but as you have been shown that report was false. No matter how many times you and your fellow partisans parrot the erroneous Herald report, it will NEVER be true.

Not true:

But a 1997 Fordham Law Review piece described her as Harvard Law School's "first woman of color," based, according to the notes at the bottom of the story, on a "telephone interview with Michael Chmura, News Director, Harvard Law (Aug. 6, 1996)."

The mention was in the middle of a lengthy and heavily-annotated Fordham piece on diversity and affirmative action and women. The title of the piece, by Laura Padilla, was "Intersectionality and positionality: Situating women of color in the affirmative action dialogue."

"There are few women of color who hold important positions in the academy, Fortune 500 companies, or other prominent fields or industries," the piece says. "This is not inconsequential. Diversifying these arenas, in part by adding qualified women of color to their ranks, remains important for many reaons. For one, there are scant women of color as role models. In my three years at Stanford Law School, there were no professors who were women of color. Harvard Law School hired its first woman of color, Elizabeth Warren, in 1995."

Fordham piece called Warren Harvard Law's 'first woman of color'
Fordham is NOT Harvard!!! DUH!

giphy.gif

That guy was in an episode of Star Trek and Hang Em High
He had darker and thicker hair then...

Elizabeth Warren, Progressive Fraud
National Review are known LIARS.
Here is the link to The Harvard Crimson announcing her hire, please cite the non-existing part where she is "touted as the school's first woman of color."

Woman Tenured At Law School | News | The Harvard Crimson

There are two links in that excerpt, the first to Boston Globe, the second to Politico and that's the wrong article here is the article in question:

Although the conventional wisdom among students and faculty is that the Law School faculty includes no minority women, Chmura said Professor of Law Elizabeth Warren is Native American.

Survey: Diversity Lacking At HLS | News | The Harvard Crimson

Last edited:

Forum List

Back