Trump attacks Muslim War Hero's Parents

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
Oh...stay classy Trump, you thin skinned buffoon...

Trump Responds To Slain Soldier's Father, Who Appeals To GOP Leaders

In an interview with New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd Friday night, Trump didn't zero in on Khan's accusations but rather on his wife, Ghazala Khan, who stood beside her husband silently. His response to Dowd was brief.

"I'd like to hear his wife say something," Trump said.

Trump expanded on that sentiment in an interview with ABC News Saturday.

"If you look at his wife, she was standing there," Trump said. "Maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say, you tell me."

In an interview on MSNBC the previous night, Ghazala Khan explained why she chose to remain silent on stage.

"I cannot see my son's picture. I cannot even come in the room where his pictures are," she said. "That's why when I saw the picture on my back, I couldn't take it and I controlled myself at that time. So, it is very hard."

Her husband added that she served as his "coach" while writing the speech and said she gave him the strength to speak on stage.

"Forty years of marriage has brought us in a position where we are strength for one another," Khan said. "Her being there was the strength so I could hold my composure. I am much weaker than she is in such matters."

In an interview with New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd Friday night, Trump didn't zero in on Khan's accusations but rather on his wife, Ghazala Khan, who stood beside her husband silently. His response to Dowd was brief.

"If you look at his wife, she was standing there," Trump said. "Maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say, you tell me."

In an interview on MSNBC the previous night, Ghazala Khan explained why she chose to remain silent on stage.

"I cannot see my son's picture. I cannot even come in the room where his pictures are," she said. "That's why when I saw the picture on my back, I couldn't take it and I controlled myself at that time. So, it is very hard."

Her husband added that she served as his "coach" while writing the speech and said she gave him the strength to speak on stage.

"Forty years of marriage has brought us in a position where we are strength for one another," Khan said. "Her being there was the strength so I could hold my composure. I am much weaker than she is in such matters."

Where is the attack? I see questioning, but I am missing the attacks. Granted I scanned only.

Strawman arguments wrapped in the flag are very low class and questioning someone's patriotism for political gain is snake belly low. Hillary set it up and as bad as everyone feels for their family she had no high ground to stand on. Hillary has no sacrifices to her credit.

We all know if not for the parents being moooslem you wouldn't give a fuck. Tell me I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Where is the attack? I see questioning, but I am missing the attacks. Granted I scanned only.

I consider this an attack:

I guess I can see where it could be considered an attack, but I have to be honest.....when I was watching them, I also wondered to myself why she didn't say anything.

We all know if not for the parents being moooslem you wouldn't give a fuck. Tell me I'm erong.

Neither would you.

We all know if not for the parents being moooslem you wouldn't give a fuck. Tell me I'm erong.

Awww come on. That wasn't nice to say to Coyote. Coyote is good people. She and I can debate...and (shock) not name call.

I guess I can see where it could be considered an attack, but I have to be honest.....when I was watching them, I also wondered to myself why she didn't say anything.

I think it was the wrong thing for Trump to say, in the face of a terrible family loss like that. You could see the father was having a hard time holding it together at times. I imagine it's worse for the mother.

Awww come on. That wasn't nice to say to Coyote. Coyote is good people. She and I can debate...and (shock) not name call.

I wouldn't call coyote good ppl, but to each their own.

Coyote! What are you doing? Each post you make is a double post. :lol:

Neither would you.

No. I actually believe trump was out of line.

Come on Donald...where's your consistency?

Trump took the lead for the majority of the interview, with Pence speaking about 50 times and Trump more than 100. Pence was frequently interrupted by Trump

Another difficult moment came when interviewer Lesley Stahl asked Pence if he shared Trump’s view that senator John McCain was not a true war hero because he was captured.
Pence started to answer, saying “I have a great deal of respect for John McCain,” before he was asked if thought Trump went too far.

Trump then gave Pence permission to answer yes.

Donald Trump and Mike Pence's first interview puts uneasy union on display

PopTartGunjpg.jpg

You probably think this is a gun too.

Forum List

Back