CDZ Trump and the press

They don't count as 'press', and neither does the Washington Post.

Newspaper sales are being hit by the internet, but the Guardian still has physical sales of around 2 million copies per day, and who knows how many online readers.
Much as I hold the opinion it's a crappy rag, it is a genuine news outlet.

Disagreeing with a news outlet, or them disagreeing with him is no reason to bar them from a press conference.

I'm less than happy a man who has the possibility to become president is trying to control what is printed about him, something you'd expect in North Korea, not North America,

They don't count as 'press', and neither does the Washington Post.

Newspaper sales are being hit by the internet, but the Guardian still has physical sales of around 2 million copies per day, and who knows how many online readers.
Much as I hold the opinion it's a crappy rag, it is a genuine news outlet.

Disagreeing with a news outlet, or them disagreeing with him is no reason to bar them from a press conference.

I'm less than happy a man who has the possibility to become president is trying to control what is printed about him, something you'd expect in North Korea, not North America,

Eh, the liberal news sources don't need to go to Trump functions to spew their lies, just copy what the other left wing Hillary news sources are spewing, the complicacies with the Clinton campaign are quite obvious anyway.

Temper tantrum Donnie wants to be a dicktator. He has the dick part down solid and his impersonation of a sweet potato with that orange coloring makes him a good replica of a dicktator.

[QUOTE="Lumpy 1, post: 14606136, member: 19734"

Eh, the liberal news sources don't need to go to Trump functions to spew their lies, just copy what the other left wing Hillary news sources are spewing, the complicacies with the Clinton campaign are quite obvious anyway.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's not like they are interested in reporting what he actually says anyway. They can just do what they do here on messages boards, just repeating what their Hive tells them to.

they repeatedly distort, so they don't count as 'press'.

He doesn't control them by keeping them out; they aren't the press, they're partisan advocates for other candidates and parties.

The UK press is just as bad, probably worse, but is banning them reasonable in a free country?

I wonder if any other potential presidents have banned reporters from large national papers.

He is still a private citizen. If he doesn't feel he's being treated fairly, why should he be forced to carer to them? Now, if there wasn't a history of questionable headlines/stories I might have a different opinion.

I'd like Hillary to have an intense 3 hr. interview with say Lou Dobbs, O'Reilly, even a reputable liberal journalist that's not in the bag for Hillary (if you could find one) in regards to her E-mail scandal and the Clinton (slush fund) Foundation. The American people deserve to hear the truth before they vote but Hillary is allowed to be a complete coward .. mmm .. I wonder how Indofred feels about that.

I'll make it clear before I go further, I dislike Trump.
However, that doesn't matter for the purpose of this thread.

Guardian journalists denied entry into Donald Trump UK event

Trump appears to have barred several press outlets from his events, all ones that have published negative pieces about him

The question is simple - Is a man who stops sections of the press from entering his events a fit man to be leader of a democracy?

CDZ
Of course Trump is a private citizen, his denying the press access to his events in no way violates the First Amendment.

And the First Amendment right is not absolute, it doesn’t mean the press must have total, unfettered access to government and government officials – including the president – 100 percent of the time.

Consequently, Trump keeping the press from his events is not really an issue – as a private citizen or president.

What is of legitimate concern, and exhibits Trump’s contempt for freedom of the press, is his pledge to ‘change’ libel laws to the disadvantage of a free press:

Donald Trump pledges to curb press freedom through libel laws

I'd like Hillary to have an intense 3 hr. interview with say Lou Dobbs, O'Reilly, even a reputable liberal journalist that's not in the bag for Hillary (if you could find one) in regards to her E-mail scandal and the Clinton (slush fund) Foundation. The American people deserve to hear the truth before they vote but Hillary is allowed to be a complete coward .. mmm .. I wonder how Indofred feels about that.
Conservatives: masters of the red herring fallacy.

Trump appears to have barred several press outlets from his events, all ones that have published negative pieces about him

The question is simple - Is a man who stops sections of the press from entering his events a fit man to be leader of a democracy?

CDZ
Of course Trump is a private citizen, his denying the press access to his events in no way violates the First Amendment.

And the First Amendment right is not absolute, it doesn’t mean the press must have total, unfettered access to government and government officials – including the president – 100 percent of the time.

Consequently, Trump keeping the press from his events is not really an issue – as a private citizen or president.

What is of legitimate concern, and exhibits Trump’s contempt for freedom of the press, is his pledge to ‘change’ libel laws to the disadvantage of a free press:

Donald Trump pledges to curb press freedom through libel laws

Must be some sort of "fallacy" right?

C_Clayton_Jones - Master of the "fallacy"

C_Clayton_Jones - Master of the "fallacy"
He is a fallacy marking machine.

Liberals .. masters of nincompoopery and denial.

Liberals .. masters of nincompoopery and denial.

:lol: /snort

In Trump's political life he is still in the first trimester. He's fair game for an abortion. He hasn't won any general elections yet. He needs to do everything he can to protect himself. He can't control his mouth so he can't afford to have any press that isn't already in the bag for him at this stage. He has every right to stack the deck in his own rallies. Who cares? The press takes what he says and attempts to make him look a fool anyway.

CDZ

Why not, at least he allows press in. Hillary doesn't even do press conferences, and Obama very rarely does and only in very controlled environments.

Forum List

Back