Trump: “America First”....Democrats: ‘Mexico First’

when car manufacturers brought plants back from mexico, the salaries being taxed on the workers employed was a gain in revenue and a loss to Mexico.
If the happened, that is true; that does mean more tax revenue for the US and less for Mexico. But US workers being taxed isn’t Mexico paying for anything. Not sure what the big mystery about that is but for some reason…you refuse to see it.

BTW, incoming tariffs are paid by US companies not Mexico. So not spending money on tariffs actual give business money to hire, more employees, more tax revenue, and fewer welfare payments or unemployment money.

Yep…businesses get to keep the money. The tariffs they would pay would be paid to the US Government.

So businesses getting to keep more money doesn’t pay for a wall.

You’re 0 for 2.
sure it is, all the money made after trump made all of the deals is paying for mexico or some other project.

So, again,

you’ve brought up the “deals”

How much have we made from the new NAFTA deal as of 1/15/19? Just give us a round number
I don't believe the records are updated yet. Perhaps once a qtr is complete, we will start seeing the trade numbers. Again, you don't seem to understand how the economy works.

As soon as we get the 20 years of payments from Mexico, we can start building the wall. You don’t want to put more money on the nation’s credit card and increase the debt do you?

Do I? No. Our politicans do, however. Started with Bush, gone on steroids by Obama and continued by Trump. They are very bad. VERY BAD. Congress needs a complete overhaul.

So we agree; once we get the money, build the wall then. Great.

If we had the money the politicians still would not agree to build it. You missed my point entirely.

What point was that? The point that the wall is a dumb idea relative to the immigration issue? You’re right, politicians would not agree to build it. Dumb ideas shouldn’t get funded.
the wall is an outstanding idea, and everyone of those political mther fkers wanted the wall. the fact you ignore that is just evidence you are a leftist parrot who can't be honest. wow, go figure.

ok

when car manufacturers brought plants back from mexico, the salaries being taxed on the workers employed was a gain in revenue and a loss to Mexico.
If the happened, that is true; that does mean more tax revenue for the US and less for Mexico. But US workers being taxed isn’t Mexico paying for anything. Not sure what the big mystery about that is but for some reason…you refuse to see it.

BTW, incoming tariffs are paid by US companies not Mexico. So not spending money on tariffs actual give business money to hire, more employees, more tax revenue, and fewer welfare payments or unemployment money.

Yep…businesses get to keep the money. The tariffs they would pay would be paid to the US Government.

You’re 0 for 2.
sure it is, all the money made after trump made all of the deals is paying for mexico or some other project.

So, again,

How much have we made from the new NAFTA deal as of 1/15/19? Just give us a round number
I don't believe the records are updated yet. Perhaps once a qtr is complete, we will start seeing the trade numbers. Again, you don't seem to understand how the economy works.

I can tell you how much we’ve gotten from the new NAFTA.

$0.00.

It hasn’t been approved by our Congress, the Canadian Congress or the Mexican Congress as of yet.

The entire narrative is false.

You’re 0 for 2.

So, again,

$0.00.

It hasn’t been approved by our Congress, the Canadian Congress or the Mexican Congress as of yet.

you don't think we've been importing and exporting between countries just because congress hasn't approved the deal? come on dude, don't you ever fking think first?

You’re 0 for 2.

So, again,

$0.00.

you don't think we've been importing and exporting between countries just because congress hasn't approved the deal? come on dude, don't you ever fking think first?

Sure we’re still trading. I do know the laws governing the trade have not changed. Except we are taxing imports more which means we have fewer imports to tax; hence our record yearly deficits…..

And the laws are such that Mexico isn’t paying a penny for the wall. It wasn’t last year, it wasn’t the year before, or ever. And that won’t change until the new deal is approved by all 3 nations.

As soon as we get the 20 years of payments from Mexico, we can start building the wall. You don’t want to put more money on the nation’s credit card and increase the debt do you?

Do I? No. Our politicans do, however. Started with Bush, gone on steroids by Obama and continued by Trump. They are very bad. VERY BAD. Congress needs a complete overhaul.

If we had the money the politicians still would not agree to build it. You missed my point entirely.

What point was that? The point that the wall is a dumb idea relative to the immigration issue? You’re right, politicians would not agree to build it. Dumb ideas shouldn’t get funded.
the wall is an outstanding idea, and everyone of those political mther fkers wanted the wall. the fact you ignore that is just evidence you are a leftist parrot who can't be honest. wow, go figure.

IDK if it was a great idea but I do know that it works in Israel and given our economy and the amount of $$ we waste I thought it was worthwhile to implement. When the border agents stated they wanted it, I was even more for it. Our homes have walls and doors why not our country?

So, again,

$0.00.

Sure we’re still trading. I do know the laws governing the trade have not changed. Except we are taxing imports more which means we have fewer imports to tax; hence our record yearly deficits…..

And the laws are such that Mexico isn’t paying a penny for the wall. It wasn’t last year, it wasn’t the year before, or ever. And that won’t change until the new deal is approved by all 3 nations.
the fact is that all of the migrants in Tijuana are costing the mexico government quite a lot of money. and again, it's like mud to you understanding that we're not spending on them. all money we saved. it's called savings. Mexico is spending.

So, again,

$0.00.

the fact is that all of the migrants in Tijuana are costing the mexico government quite a lot of money. and again, it's like mud to you understanding that we're not spending on them. all money we saved. it's called savings.

If we didn’t spend a dime anywhere for anything, that would be a savings, right?

IDK if it was a great idea but I do know that it works in Israel and given our economy and the amount of $$ we waste I thought it was worthwhile to implement. When the border agents stated they wanted it, I was even more for it. Our homes have walls and doors why not our country?
well that's just it, it is the border agents not Trump that want the wall. so the dems are interfering in what the experts want to make a stand against one man. childish adults with authority. shameful.

$0.00.

the fact is that all of the migrants in Tijuana are costing the mexico government quite a lot of money. and again, it's like mud to you understanding that we're not spending on them. all money we saved. it's called savings.

If we didn’t spend a dime anywhere for anything, that would be a savings, right?
concerning illegals and Mexico, correct.

$0.00.

Saving money is great.
However, that is still US Taxpayer money that we’re saving.
Mexico isn’t contributing anything at all whether we’re not spending it on border security, roads bridges, etc…
That is still our money. Not paying for a new patio and buying a car doesn’t mean the contractor you were going to hire for the patio bought your car.

Saving money is great.
Mexico isn’t contributing anything at all whether we’re not spending it on border security, roads bridges, etc…
That is still our money. Not paying for a new patio and buying a car doesn’t mean the contractor you were going to hire for the patio bought your car.
Mexico not getting it is our revenue from Mexico. again, you're a brick, you won't understand. your mind is stuck in leftist land of TDS.

Saving money is great.
Mexico not getting it is our revenue from Mexico. again, you're a brick, you won't understand. your mind is stuck in leftist land of TDS.

So? It’s still our money. Mexico isn’t contributing a penny to anything on this side of the border.

Saving money is great. Saying that you’re getting money from somewhere else when you’re not is a lie.

Mexico was conservative for most of the 20th century run by a nationalist and xenophobic party. they controlled the media, education, and the people's dreams. they said Mexico was taken over by Motown, Pizza, rock n roll, and McDonalds. i know an authoritarian regime when i see one. Trump is an authoritarian just like this Mexican political party. in terms of putting Mexico first, Trump is right in the middle of it.

The Wall was going to be paid for by fixing the trade deficit. Whether that is feasible IDK but currently the deficit with Mexico ~$60Bn if we can get it down to $30Bn then Mexico would have effectively paid for the Wall. That was his plan.

This makes no sense. The trade deficit between countries is not between the two governments but between private individuals and private companies.

A smaller trade deficit does not mean a single extra dime in the government coffers.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Incorrect. Keep reading the rest of the thread.

I have and you are still wrong.

The Wall was going to be paid for by fixing the trade deficit. Whether that is feasible IDK but currently the deficit with Mexico ~$60Bn if we can get it down to $30Bn then Mexico would have effectively paid for the Wall. That was his plan.

This makes no sense. The trade deficit between countries is not between the two governments but between private individuals and private companies.

A smaller trade deficit does not mean a single extra dime in the government coffers.

I am not. If he forces Mexico to buy goods from US companies vs. companies in say France or Germany for arguments sake then those companies will see a spike in demand, revenues and profits. They will hire more workers and hence generate more tax revenue for the Gov't. Unless you believe that more profits equal less taxes.

Saving money is great.

So? It’s still our money. Mexico isn’t contributing a penny to anything on this side of the border.

Saving money is great. Saying that you’re getting money from somewhere else when you’re not is a lie.

My annoyance lies with the Democrats stating they want to save money but under BHO they spent like drunken sailors. They are as dishonest as the GOP.

I am not. If he forces Mexico to buy goods from US companies vs. companies in say France or Germany for arguments sake then those companies will see a spike in demand, revenues and profits. They will hire more workers and hence generate more tax revenue for the Gov't. Unless you believe that more profits equal less taxes.

IF...that is a big damn IF.

Let’s deal with reality, not fantasy or wishful thinking

Forum List

Back