Trump allegedly disclosed US submarine secrets to foreign national

Speak English. You specialize in half truths. Is that clear?

You think your pasty faced child molester will save you?
It's clear you are having a little baby tantrum.

Normal people find it very easy to believe the orange slob did exactly what is described in the OP.

Sure, but the initial subs as the multipole references I quoted are going to be built in the US. It takes years to build and staff a shipyard, and Australia, and they have never built or manned nuclear submarines. It is going to take years to be able to do that, and the initial training and equipment will be provided by the US.

You are confusing the eventual goal, with the initial steps. They are not the same at all.
What of our nuke sub building yards will be used? Does Biden plan to stop work on ours?

It's clear you are having a little baby tantrum.

Normal people find it very easy to believe the orange slob did exactly what is described in the OP.
Look pal, like a child you hurled epithets against a former president. I plan to repeat and rinse for your god now in the shit house.

Not one word of proof is in the OP either.

What cult you jerk? Don't you get it that Biden is a cult master? He owns you.
And the baby tantrum continues...

Did you know the feds stated in court that Trump still has not returned all of the classified materials? Anyone else would be sitting in jail, awaiting trial. And rightfully so.

What of our nuke sub building yards will be used? Does Biden plan to stop work on ours?

We have 4 shipyards currently that can build nuclear submarines. And each one can build multiple submarines, as we currently have 7 Virginia class submarines under construction at this time. Three in Virginia, four in Connecticut.

What makes you think we would have to stop work on our own in order to make others? And it would not be hard to do the construction at one of our Navy shipyards.

We have 4 shipyards currently that can build nuclear submarines. And each one can build multiple submarines, as we currently have 7 Virginia class submarines under construction at this time. Three in Virginia, four in Connecticut.

What makes you think we would have to stop work on our own in order to make others? And it would not be hard to do the construction at one of our Navy shipyards.
Years back, I worked at Mare Island navy base on a building to hold spent nuclear fuel. I saw how hard it is to build nuclear submarines and how many years it takes. I doubt Biden can free ours up for the sake of Australia when they are already building their own for that purpose.

And the baby tantrum continues...

Did you know the feds stated in court that Trump still has not returned all of the classified materials? Anyone else would be sitting in jail, awaiting trial. And rightfully so.
I noticed that about you. But at least the above seems to hint you might not keep the shit up.
I really am less interested in Smith's charges than the defense of Trump. Trump has solid grounds for his defense. At the end the Democrats will shit the place for nothing at all. They are repeating their bogus charges made in trying to unjustly convict him after impeaching him.

This is why.

Do you honestly believe Australia plans to wait for more than 5 years just to start one for them?

It will take five years for the two shipbuilders that build Virginia-class attack boats to deliver two submarines a year, according to the Navy’s latest estimates of the production schedule.

Three officials who have been briefed on the Navy’s estimates told USNI News that General Dynamics Electric Boat and HII’s Newport News Shipbuilding would put the program on a two-boat-per-year delivery schedule by 2028 with steady improvement in shipyard workforce recruitment and retention.

The two yards are currently on a pace to deliver about 1.2 submarines a year, Navy officials told USNI News this week.

Trust me, I know it well. Was in the Marine Security Force there from 1990-1993. Today it is depressing to see how badly Vallejo has screwed that base up.
That is true about Vallejo. I was working on the building around 1965 when the Navy was still in operation there.

This is why.

Right now it takes about five years to build one. But we can also build them in just over two years if we need to. It all depends on how much we want to pay for them. Faster construction means more cost in the end.

And exactly how long is it going to take Australia to build them, when they do not even have the facilities or personnel to do it yet? As of this time, Australia has built exactly 6 submarines. All Collins class diesel boats that took between 6 and 7 years each to build (and each one between 18 and 41 months behind schedule).

This is why they are going to be built in the US, until Australia can get their shipyard completed and the personnel trained in how to do it. And just think on this, the Collins class subs are less than half the displacement of the Virginia class. 3,100 tons surfaced compared to 7,900 tons for a Virginia.

If they are going to do it as you say in Australia, expect the first sub to be delivered in around 2035 if they are lucky. Come on now, you said you worked at a shipyard. I show multiple references saying the plan for the boats. First 5 or so built in the US as they ramp up their own capabilities.

That is true about Vallejo. I was working on the building around 1965 when the Navy was still in operation there.

When I worked in Baghdad by the Bay about a decade ago, I took the ferry from there every day. And I wanted to cry each time I passed it. I even took a few guys there from my reserve unit and they could not believe what it had once been, and how badly the city screwed it up. Especially when compared to all the other closed bases in the region. Most of them are thriving communities now, with most of the buildings repurposed and the housing areas full of people. Vallejo actually destroyed most of the housing on the base, and resisted all attempts of companies to use the shipyard so the homeless have destroyed most of the buildings. The last time I lived there (2014-2015), it seemed like a couple of times a month there were less and less buildings as the homeless kept burning them down.

And some they want to get rid of, but can't because they are historic. So they have done no maintenance on them for decades and are simply waiting until they can destroy them because they are unsafe.

When I worked in Baghdad by the Bay about a decade ago, I took the ferry from there every day. And I wanted to cry each time I passed it. I even took a few guys there from my reserve unit and they could not believe what it had once been, and how badly the city screwed it up. Especially when compared to all the other closed bases in the region. Most of them are thriving communities now, with most of the buildings repurposed and the housing areas full of people. Vallejo actually destroyed most of the housing on the base, and resisted all attempts of companies to use the shipyard so the homeless have destroyed most of the buildings. The last time I lived there (2014-2015), it seemed like a couple of times a month there were less and less buildings as the homeless kept burning them down.

And some they want to get rid of, but can't because they are historic. So they have done no maintenance on them for decades and are simply waiting until they can destroy them because they are unsafe.
I moved from Fremont, CA also by the Bay in 2019 to Idaho. So I have not kept up on Vallejo. Now that we are talking about military sites, I also worked on the Navy Antenna array to detect submarines in the Pacific not far from Vallejo. That was before I worked at Mare Island where we drove piling inside a building that the Navy used to store spent nuclear containers pulled from Submarines we were told I saw several nuclear submarines at the time in drydocks there.

I can only imagine how bad it is now as you report. What did we expect from Vallejo though?

I had thought the plan was to construct housing on Mare Island last time I heard about this.

Well the shops then there dated back to WW2 I believe.

I had thought the plan was to construct housing on Mare Island last time I heard about this.

Oh, they jacked that up completely.

When the navy turned it over, they included a suggested reuse plan. And that was to sell the old Officer and Chief housing for civilian use, and the enlisted housing for a low cost housing project (mostly 3 bedroom duplexes). And the substandard housing (mostly 2 bedroom apartments) that was on Sacramento for another housing project.

Well, they sold all of that, other than the old enlisted housing. That sat abandoned for almost a decade until they finally just bulldozed it all. because of damage by the homeless And I have lost count of the number of companies that have come in and proposed turning that into a new subdivision. Each and every time it failed, and the land is still sitting unused. Meanwhile what is left of the base continues to rot away, and I even worked with a non-profit about two decades ago.

It was an operation that gave housing and training to homeless vets, and the old enlisted barracks off of G street (the causeway to downtown) would have been perfect. Several buildings of barracks and a chow hall. The organization had done that on multiple closed bases, from Long beach to Hawaii. But when they approached Vallejo, they said they had plans already and did not want to house homeless veterans. And the city was offered keeping the exchange complex open and the Navy would rent it from them and continue to operate it, but the city refused.

Well, the buildings were never reused, but the homeless kept destroying them for the copper until the city finally destroyed them about a decade ago. At the rate it is going, there will be almost nothing left on that island in another decade. And I used to work for a company that was on what was McClellan AFB in Sacramento. The exchange is still open, and almost every building is rented and the housing has a waiting list to get into it.

Even the exchange complex on Mare Island has been abandoned for almost 3 decades. I have talked to some of the public works guys that still work there, and they said the city has absolutely no interest in renting anything out. They seem to still have these dreams that it will become the "Silicon Valley of the North", and some high tech companies will want to buy it all up and move there.

I was part of a group that was trying to use Eminent Domain to try and get the Marine Barracks before it completely falls apart. We even had a few potential financial backers to help us turn it into a museum, but the extent of the damage after sitting for almost three decades scared them all off as most estimates were around $10 million to return it to a useful condition again. They have done almost no maintenance on that building since the base closed, and it is on the National Historic Register. The PW guy said other than once or twice a year pumping out the flooded basement they have done nothing to it in decades. And the old WWI Navy Brig is in almost the same state. As is about half of the old Naval Hospital. Half is being used as a college campus, the other half is simply rotting away (and that also dates to WWI and is on the historic register).

Back when we had the Federal shutdown a decade or so back, the city was even complaining that the shutdown was keeping the Naval Cemetery on base from being maintained. Even though the city was supposed to have taken over all maintenance there as part of the turnover, and did nothing once they got it. I want to say a group of volunteers finally took over the maintenance there, as it was horrible the condition it was in.

Trump's joke.

MSN

one campaign promise he is making for 2024, you would have to explain why he is openly mocking the idea that he could fulfill the promise that defined his entire candidacy in 2016.

The core promise of Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign was that he would build a wall on the southern border and make Mexico pay for it. This is what defined his tough-on-illegal-immigration approach, and he even mocked detractors who said that he would not or could not possibly do it. As late as October 2020, less than one month before he lost reelection, Trump was saying that Mexico was indeed paying for the border wall.

Now, sitting on the outside and asking GOP voters to give him the nomination once again, Trump admits it was all a charade. In Iowa, Trump said that “we all had a lot of fun” but “there was no legal instrument” to make Mexico pay for the wall. That thing he promised time and again, both as a candidate and all the way to his last days as president, was never possible. Not only that, according to Trump, you are a “loser” if you point out that Mexico never paid for the wall that Trump promised it would pay for.

It was all a sham. Trump knew, if not when he was a candidate then certainly when he was president, that he would not follow through on it. He kept up the charade until he was booted from office. Now, he thinks you’re a loser if you ever believed it, but he wants to tell you all about the new campaign promises he is making. Sure, he lied to you about the biggest promise he made last time, but would he really be lying to you again.

This charade is the problem with Trump’s entire campaign. Just about every promise he makes now comes with the nagging question of why he didn’t do it the first time.

Do you really believe he is going to “shatter the deep state” when he already had four years to do it and didn’t even try? Now, what promise are you willing to believe from Trump when he is openly telling you that the biggest promise he made during his entire first campaign and four-year term was always a sham?

Original Author: Zachary Faria

Original Location: Trump says his biggest campaign promise in 2016 was always a sham.

Has Vanity Fair outdone Trump on this topic/thread ?

Exclusive: Life Aboard a Nuclear Submarine as the US Responds to Threats Around the Globe​

How the Navy prowls today’s uncertain seas—and prepares for possible superpower conflict tomorrow.

BTW, this may be your only free article from VF.
Also, focus here is on boomers, not hunters.

How the Navy prowls today’s uncertain seas—and prepares for possible superpower conflict tomorrow.

I was making submarine deterrent patrols back under Carter and Reagan ... we were probably closer to using them then than today ... back when The Russians were actually a force to reckon with.

main-qimg-3cc014154999bdbf0997ca5999a1404e-lq.jpg

Forum List

Back