Trump Admits to Obstructing Justice

So there are two scenarios regarding the flynn firing tweet.
When Trump learned that Flynn admitted that he lied to the FBI, Trump decided he would show that he was presidential and in control so he tweeted that he fired Flynn because of lying to the FBI.
His lawyer then points out that this is an admission of obstruction of justice since the day after he fired Flynn he tried to stop the FBI from investigating him for a felony.
Trump then invents the story that he didn't tweet the message, his lawyer did, to try and cover up his mistake.

Trump's lawyer, out of the blue, suddenly decides to tweet from Trumps account a statement that he knows will make Trump appear to admit to obstruction of justice and would destroy his defense.

Hmmm. I wonder which story could be the true one?
Hard to decide.

Will Donald Trump make his claims under oath Like Comey ? LOL

President Trump tweets this morning: “I never asked Comey to stop investigating Flynn. Just more Fake News covering another Comey lie!”

Axios has the backdrop:

Former FBI director James Comey has testified under oath that Trump told him in January, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” a remark he interpreted as a direction from the president. Trump’s critics have cited that as potential obstruction of justice, particularly after his Saturday tweet that he “had to fire” Flynn because he lied to the FBI (hence, Trump would have known Flynn committed a crime before allegedly asking Comey to back off).
Sounds like Trump wanted Comey to "see the way clear" to letting him go (meaning reach a conclusion of innocence following the investigation). If he wanted him to stop investigating him, I'm sure he would have said something like "stop investigating Flynn."

Trump: "I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go"

So, unless you are going to make the claim that Trump considers Flynn to be an inanimate object, then we will agree he was talking about the investigation.

And regardless, it's still obstruction of justice to unduly influence the investigation or those performing it.
Once again, it sounds like he was hoping the investigation would clear Flynn, not that he wanted to investigation to stop immediately. You're putting words in Trump's mouth.

Comey declared Hillary was innocent because she was ignorant of the law.
False. On both points. He never said she was innocent. He never said she was ignorant of the law.
Comey pointed out Hillary broke the law, to include being 'grossly negligent' handling classified - a crime. He said he was not recommending her for indictmrnt because she was too stupid to know what she was doing. He 'exonerated' her before the investigation was over.

Both Comey and Hillary belong in jail.

What a laugh. He didn't say to comey "drop the investigation". He asked him to go lightly. Huuuge difference A difference you silly people ignore.
Which has nothing to do with the OP.

But thanks for chiming in with your usual retardation.

"Don't commit murder, just break his neck". And that is a substantive difference to Donnieites : ):eusa_dance:

You sound more desperate than most Drumpflings.
Desperate is no evidence, a media destrying its credibility, more reporters fired / suspended, and Myeller forced to fire his top aid ... all walking away with no evidence.
There's plenty of evidence. It just hasn't been made public yet.

The IC has been watching Flynn and Manafort for years. They most likely have both on surveillance phone conversations. Trump was probably correct when he claimed that Trump Tower was bugged, but it wasn't Trump they were bugging - it was Manafort's apartment. He's lived there for years - I think dating back to 2007.

Flynn is going to tell all, or his son is going away for a very long time and so is he. So next is Jared, then Don, Jr., then Sessions, then Pence, then Trump. Count on it.

Chris Christie must be breathing sighs of relief 24/7.

There's plenty of evidence. It just hasn't been made public yet.
Mueller is getting humiliated, his investigation being exposed as a witch hunt. He has a couple 'Scooter Libby' indictments and just had to fire his top aide - a 'Trump Hater'?

If he had ANY evidence he would be using it.

'They have evidence' is just more snowflake wishful thinking.

11. I think when we focus exclusively on the criminality aspect, we (continue to) miss how these efforts essentially aided and abetted a hostile foreign state who attacked our country. That is the big picture.

Yup. Southpaw said it very well:

upload_2017-12-3_16-36-6.png

How did the president benefit from foreign intervention? No votes were changed due to Russia's interference.

It has also been proven that President Obama knew about what Russia was doing, just like he did in 2009, and like in 2009 he did nothing to stop it and told no one.

That tells me Obama enabled Russian interference and everything else they did.

Just like how he left the DNC 24 million dollars in debt, blame Obama for it and not Trump.

Once again, it sounds like he was hoping the investigation would clear Flynn, not that he wanted to investigation to stop immediately.

No, it sounded like he wanted the investigation to be let go. Unless, of course, you are claiming that Trump thinks Flynn is an inanimate object.

What a laugh. He didn't say to comey "drop the investigation". He asked him to go lightly. Huuuge difference A difference you silly people ignore.
He did ask him to drop the investigation.

"I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go," Trump said, according to a memo written by Comey and reported by the New York Times. "He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."
How is knowing that someone lied a crime?
If Trump knew that Flynn had lied to the FBI, then him asking Comey to go easy on him is obstruction of justice.

"I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go," Trump said, according to a memo written by Comey and reported by the New York Times. "He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go."
If Trump knew that Flynn had lied to the FBI, then him asking Comey to go easy on him is obstruction of justice.
According to what law? Provide text please.

Sounds like Trump wanted Comey to "see the way clear" to letting him go (meaning reach a conclusion of innocence following the investigation).
Exactly! If Trump knew that Flynn had committed a felony (lying to the FBI) but wanted Comey to reach a conclusion of innocence following the investigation, that's obstruction of justice.

The 'obstruction' narrative already played out and failed.

The fact that snowflakes are going back to it is a sign of just how bad the Flynn disaster was.

:p

According to what law? Provide text please.

Geesh, your Google's broken again, eh? You should call someone about that.

18 U.S. Code § 1505 - Obstruction of proceedings before departments, agencies, and committees
Whoever corruptly, or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication influences, obstructs, or impedes or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede the due and proper administration of the law under which any pending proceeding is being had before any department or agency of the United States, or the due and proper exercise of the power of inquiry under which any inquiry or investigation is being had by either House, or any committee of either House or any joint committee of the Congress—

Shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 770; Pub. L. 87–664, § 6(a), Sept. 19, 1962, 76 Stat. 551; Pub. L. 91–452, title IX, § 903, Oct. 15, 1970, 84 Stat. 947; Pub. L. 94–435, title I, § 105, Sept. 30, 1976, 90 Stat. 1389; Pub. L. 97–291, § 4(d), Oct. 12, 1982, 96 Stat. 1253; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(K), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147; Pub. L. 108–458, title VI, § 6703(a), Dec. 17, 2004, 118 Stat. 3766.)"

"Bush was too tough on you guys, we'll be nice to you"....not butt kissing?

He never said that. You continue to be an inveterate liar.

If they were resetting to be tougher, why not a "Fuck you Commies" button?

Why didn't Trump take that stance?

He never said that.

The Hillary reset button was saying that.

Why didn't Trump take that stance?

Or Hillary or Obama.........

Forum List

Back