Trump admits to LOSING 25,000 coal mining jobs in only a month

You're gonna love my coal jobs plan, bleev me. It will be terrific. Obama's regulations have been a disaster. Total. Disaster. I can't wait to run this guy out of town on a rail, folks. On a coal powered train! (cheers, applause, hoots) Won't it be great? No more Obama! (yeehaws, applause) You're gonna get tired of winning. My beautiful coal jobs plan will create coal jobs. And no Mexicans will ever be able to get coal jobs again! (wild stomping, cheers) Yeah! I love coal. Sometimes I wish I was a lump of coal just so I could pop out of Hillary's Christmas stocking, you know what I mean? (laughter, applause, "locker up! locker up!") You got that right! Locker up! And I am going to make saying "Merry Christmas" legal again! (applause)

And that's my coal jobs plan, folks. What do you think? Do you love it? (applause, cheers, whistles, music) It's beautiful! Beautiful.

Any increase in coal mining jobs is a good thing, considering the tens of thousands of coal miners who lost their jobs thanks to Obama.

Liar! It was natural gas prices.

How is that a "lie"? Obama's EPA was ramping up the environmental regulations, causing some coal-fired electrical-generating plants to shut down completely. Meanwhile, natural gas production was increasing, which I agree, did help the price of coal to drop. But the fact remains: Obama's EPA was in no way friendly to coal. In 2015, a rule that tightened the amount of mercury coal plants can emit kicked in. Other regulations were enacted which governed mountain-top mining. Under Obama, the EPA also proposed regulations that effectively would ban construction of coal-fired electricity-generating units. So not only coal miners were effected. Tens of thousands of coal miners and power plant employees lost their jobs during Obama's war against coal.

However, the increased output of natural gas had nothing to do with Obama: You can attribute that to the private sector's advancement in fracking technology. This was all done on private lands, and done in spite of Obama's disastrous energy policies.

Any increase in coal mining jobs is a good thing, considering the tens of thousands of coal miners who lost their jobs thanks to Obama.

Liar! It was natural gas prices.

How is that a "lie"? Obama's EPA was ramping up the environmental regulations, causing some coal-fired electrical-generating plants to shut down completely. Meanwhile, natural gas production was increasing, which I agree, did help the price of coal to drop. But the fact remains: Obama's EPA was in no way friendly to coal. In 2015, a rule that tightened the amount of mercury coal plants can emit kicked in. Other regulations were enacted which governed mountain-top mining. Under Obama, the EPA also proposed regulations that effectively would ban construction of coal-fired electricity-generating units. So not only coal miners were effected. Tens of thousands of coal miners and power plant employees lost their jobs during Obama's war against coal.

However, the increased output of natural gas had nothing to do with Obama: You can attribute that to the private sector's advancement in fracking technology. This was all done on private lands, and done in spite of Obama's disastrous energy policies.

Just like oil and gasoline we've had a glut of natural gas for decades. The glut caught up with prices and commodities corrected which killed mining which isn't coming back.

Oil is next. IMO single digit bbl prices in 12 to 18 months.

Cheaper cleaner natural gas is the reason coal miners have been losing jobs. Not Obama.

Trump is nothing special for coal miners except lying for self aggrandizement on their plight about how many jobs were created since inauguration.

(The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates there are roughly 50,800 coal mining jobs nationwide, 800 of which have been added since Trump took office. (The six months before that, under President Barack Obama’s administration, 1,300 coal jobs were added.)

Where did Trump dig up 45,000 mining jobs?

Cant you get over blaming Obama for everything and start examining the lying loser who is President in the here and now.

Forum List

Back