True Interpretation of the 2nd Amendment

We have a Second Amendment, muster the militia until crime drops.

The militia is mustered to protect the nation, not to fight crime. The US Military is not used to fight crime either.

Oh, and, other then a few years that were hiccups, violent crime rates have been dropping for decades.
The security of our free States seems to require it. No crime should happen when gun lovers have to muster and present arms.

And if the 2nd amendment had said anything about law enforcement, you might have a point. It doesn't and you don't.

True Interpretation of the 2nd Amendment in laments terms:

The Right To Bear Arms

Lets say YOU as a normal average person were to speak out against a Wealthy Person, I then get a Cartel or some sort of local Mafia involved to go to your house, tie you up, RAPE and Pillage your family as you watched.
The very next day, YOU WOULD LEARN TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

But here in the Untied States the Second Amendment has been misinterpreted so now all the Sheeple in this land have sophisticated firearms & modern weaponry equal to or greater than Cartel's & Mafia's, so now when I try to order them to go to your house to teach you a lesson, they will risk Serious Injury or even Death, this make it much more expensive to or even impossible to SHUT YOU UP.

Yes the American Sheeple have the Right To Bear Arms, so if I was to tell the Cartel or Mafia guys to cut off your hands, they would have to do so at the base of your wrist, thus preserving YOUR arm.............. Thus the Right to Bear Arms, it doesn't say anything about Sheeple being allow to own sophisticated firearms & modern weaponry at all.

This is why the confiscation of all Fire Arms from American Sheeple should be employed, and I say ALL guns including Flint Lock Muskets......... anything that can be used in self defense, because technically......... TECHNICALLY YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN GUNS.
/----/ I take the word of our Founding Fathers over a despicable, power hungry Communist like you any day:
Gun Quotations of the Founding Fathers
"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined..."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
- Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, December 20, 1787

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776
natural rights are recognized and secured in State Constitutions, not our Second Amendment.
Order over Anarchy, every time!

Still on the natural rights? State constitutions are required to follow, or at least not violate, the US Constitution. That is a simple fact of the way our republic works. Your claims about "natural rights" have nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. Unless you can get the SCOTUS to reverse its ruling in DC v. Heller, or you can get a constitutional amendment, the 2nd is an individual right. And no state constitution can change that.
simple judicial activism. the People is plural, not singular or individual.

Yes, because the 2nd amendment is talking about a right for the citizens. There are a lot of them.
Only well regulated militia are specifically enumerated Necessary, not the whole of the People.

The militia is mustered to protect the nation, not to fight crime. The US Military is not used to fight crime either.

Oh, and, other then a few years that were hiccups, violent crime rates have been dropping for decades.
The security of our free States seems to require it. No crime should happen when gun lovers have to muster and present arms.

And if the 2nd amendment had said anything about law enforcement, you might have a point. It doesn't and you don't.
Yes, it does. The militia are specifically authorized the police power.

Fortunately the framers gave us a second amendment that has room for interpretation, by the courts.

I have always been troubled by people who are willing to allow nine lawyers to determine the future of our Republic. Especially when most of the ills of this country have been either initiated of abetted by those nine lawyers.

The concept that the Supreme Court is the final arbitrator of what is, or is not constitutional, was simply adopted by the court, and never challenged by the other two branches or the states. It is not in the constitution.

Since the United States Constitution is basically a contract between the states and the federal government, it should be arbitrated by a neutral panel make up the states and the federal government. Not simply a one sided deal where the federal government alone decides what the contract says.

/----/ I take the word of our Founding Fathers over a despicable, power hungry Communist like you any day:
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress, January 8, 1790

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776
natural rights are recognized and secured in State Constitutions, not our Second Amendment.

Still on the natural rights? State constitutions are required to follow, or at least not violate, the US Constitution. That is a simple fact of the way our republic works. Your claims about "natural rights" have nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. Unless you can get the SCOTUS to reverse its ruling in DC v. Heller, or you can get a constitutional amendment, the 2nd is an individual right. And no state constitution can change that.

Yes, because the 2nd amendment is talking about a right for the citizens. There are a lot of them.
Only well regulated militia are specifically enumerated Necessary, not the whole of the People.

The militia was the whole of the people. At the time all male, now not so much.

The Right To Bear Arms

Lets say YOU as a normal average person were to speak out against a Wealthy Person, I then get a Cartel or some sort of local Mafia involved to go to your house, tie you up, RAPE and Pillage your family as you watched.

But here in the Untied States the Second Amendment has been misinterpreted so now all the Sheeple in this land have sophisticated firearms & modern weaponry equal to or greater than Cartel's & Mafia's, so now when I try to order them to go to your house to teach you a lesson, they will risk Serious Injury or even Death, this make it much more expensive to or even impossible to SHUT YOU UP.

Yes the American Sheeple have the Right To Bear Arms, so if I was to tell the Cartel or Mafia guys to cut off your hands, they would have to do so at the base of your wrist, thus preserving YOUR arm.............. Thus the Right to Bear Arms, it doesn't say anything about Sheeple being allow to own sophisticated firearms & modern weaponry at all.

This is why the confiscation of all Fire Arms from American Sheeple should be employed, and I say ALL guns including Flint Lock Muskets......... anything that can be used in self defense, because technically......... TECHNICALLY YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN GUNS.

Thus the Right to Bear Arms, it doesn't say anything about Sheeple being allow to own sophisticated firearms & modern weaponry at all.

Sophisticated firearms & modern weaponry are considered "arms" thus is covered by the 2nd Amendment allowing Americans to have the constitutional right to own them if they choose dumbass. :cuckoo:

This is why the confiscation of all Fire Arms from American Sheeple should be employed and I say ALL guns

That would not only be unconstitutional but also extraordinarily coercive, and perhaps even violent. A mandatory confiscation of guns in America would involve tens of thousands of heavily armed federal agents going door-to-door to demand millions of Americans that they surrender their guns and their constitutional rights. That. Is. Not. Going. To. Happen.

because technically......... TECHNICALLY YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO OWN GUNS
BECAUSE TECHNICALLY YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT. :eusa_liar: :fu:

Except the 2A doesn't allow individuals to have any weapon they like.

The 2A restricts the government, therefore the govt can't prevent individuals from having arms, yet they can prevent them from having certain types of arms.

Only if the government can justify the restriction through a compelling need. And, only if the restriction is the least intrusive way to meet that compelling need. Currently, there is no compelling need to further restrict the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

There is a difference between 1776 and 2017.
There is a difference between 2 rounds per minute and 600 rounds per minute.
There is a difference in terms whenever humans decide so.
There is an inalienable right to think.

You should attempt to take advantage of that inalienable right to think. Words have meanings, and the only reason to alter the meaning of words is to mislead and obfuscate the message the words convey.

Fortunately the framers gave us a second amendment that has room for interpretation, by the courts.

I have always been troubled by people who are willing to allow nine lawyers to determine the future of our Republic. Especially when most of the ills of this country have been either initiated of abetted by those nine lawyers.

The concept that the Supreme Court is the final arbitrator of what is, or is not constitutional, was simply adopted by the court, and never challenged by the other two branches or the states. It is not in the constitution.

Since the United States Constitution is basically a contract between the states and the federal government, it should be arbitrated by a neutral panel make up the states and the federal government. Not simply a one sided deal where the federal government alone decides what the contract says.
Wrong.

It was the original understanding and intent of the Founding Generation that the courts – and ultimately the Supreme Court – would have the authority to determine what the Constitution means, where those rulings would be the supreme law of the land, as codified in Article VI of the Constitution.

The Right To Bear Arms

Try it bitch.

The Right To Bear Arms

Thus the Right to Bear Arms, it doesn't say anything about Sheeple being allow to own sophisticated firearms & modern weaponry at all.

Sophisticated firearms & modern weaponry are considered "arms" thus is covered by the 2nd Amendment allowing Americans to have the constitutional right to own them if they choose dumbass. :cuckoo:

This is why the confiscation of all Fire Arms from American Sheeple should be employed and I say ALL guns

That would not only be unconstitutional but also extraordinarily coercive, and perhaps even violent. A mandatory confiscation of guns in America would involve tens of thousands of heavily armed federal agents going door-to-door to demand millions of Americans that they surrender their guns and their constitutional rights. That. Is. Not. Going. To. Happen.

The 2A restricts the government, therefore the govt can't prevent individuals from having arms, yet they can prevent them from having certain types of arms.

Only if the government can justify the restriction through a compelling need. And, only if the restriction is the least intrusive way to meet that compelling need. Currently, there is no compelling need to further restrict the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Well, you can't get SAM missiles, or nuclear weapons etc.

There are compelling reasons why these are banned.

But with the number of school shootings and murders every year, there does appear to be a compelling reason to restrict firearm ownership and access.

The Right To Bear Arms

Actually not.

Acts of government are presumed to be Constitutional until the courts determine otherwise (US v. Morrison (2000)).

Consequently, further regulatory measures such as banning bump-fire stocks, universal background checks, and ‘red flag’ laws are perfectly Constitutional, in no manner further restricting the right of the people to keep and bear arms, until such measures are invalidated by the Supreme Court.

The Right To Bear Arms

Word vomit ...

vomiting-words2.png

The People are the militia under the common law for the common defense.

The Right To Bear Arms

Heller was a slap in the face to true constitutionalists. God given, inherent, unalienable, absolute Rights are natural Rights AND INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS. The terminology is all synonymous!

"The constitution expressly declares, that the right of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property is natural, inherent, and unalienable. It is a right not ex gratia from the legislature, but ex debito from the constitution. [311-Continued]

It is sacred; for, it is further declared, that the legislature shall have no power to add to, alter, abolish, or infringe any part of, the constitution. The constitution is the origin and measure of legislative authority. It says to legislators, thus far ye shall go and no further. Not a particle of it should be shaken; not a pebble of it should be removed. Innovation is dangerous. One incroachment leads to another; precedent gives birth to precedent; what has been done may be done again; thus radical principles are generally broken in upon, and the constitution
."

Van Horne's Lessee v. Dorrance 2 Dallas 304 (1795)

That is the earliest United States Supreme Court ruling on the subject

The Right of the people (as differentiated from the state) cannot be infringed. That was the the intent of the those who ratified the Ten Amendments. Where Heller got it wrong was to declare that "Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited."

The left is going to hang onto that one like a dog with a bone, but the whole concept of unalienable means that the Right is absolute and not subject to the control of the government. Heller attempted to rewrite established precedent (legislating from the bench), so one day it may end up with we, the people having to tell even the United States Supreme Court that the Bill of Rights limits the government - NOT the individual.

The Right To Bear Arms

Go fuck yourself, Communist assbag. Come on my property and see what happens.

No, that is incorrect. The 2nd says that a militia is necessary. But it does not say "the right of the militia to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". They specifically said "people". It is a right of the the people. Not a collective right, but a right of the people, ie citizens.

Yes, it does. The militia are specifically authorized the police power.

Really? Where do you get that? Got a link?

The People are the militia under the common law for the common defense.

The people are free citizens. The militia is those free citizens stepping up to defend their country when needed.

Forum List

Back