Trudeau walks out of NAFTA negotiations

Get real, Trudeau did not walk out of negotiations. He's still there. He walked out of the sunset clause discussion.

Good for him! I don't support a fascist nation like the US as it is becoming like Iran.

BBD3E80B-8873-4DB7-BEF3-5C1CD8BDFC61.jpeg

This is a good thing. It means someone's actually standing up for American Citizens at the meeting. That must be shocking to the little wanker Troudeau. He's so accustomed to screwing American Workers without a fight. So, good on Pence. :thup:

Goes to show the far left wants the US to be in these bad unfair trade deals.

But then again their hero Bill Clint9on did sign NAFTA into law, so they have no choice but to stand up for it!

Trudeau's an insufferable little wanker. Crying like a little baby because he isn't being allowed to screw American Workers some more.

This is what you're dealing with...

1991:
Zenith Electronics Corp., the last major American-owned maker of color televisions, said yesterday that it will shut down its set assembly operations in this country next year and move them to Mexico.
TV-MAKER ZENITH WILL MOVE ASSEMBLY OPERATIONS TO MEXICO
should've put a monumental tariff on these bastards ......
NAFTA is crap---you think these countries/countries' leaders/etc will play fair or try to help THEIR OWN country?? hahahahahah
even if the leaders say they will, do you think the companies in Mexico and Canada will be fair or try to help THEIR OWN workers?? hahahahhahahahahahaha

Trudeau Sinks NAFTA Talks

1182826-11-20180601080542.jpeg

Seems he doesn’t like the 5 year “sunset clause” VP Pence insists on. Claims it causes “too much concern” for businesses.

He says the visit was called off after he made it clear to Pence that no Canadian leader would sign a deal containing a sunset clause. Trump said in a statement Thursday that the US "has been taken advantage of for many decades on trade" and the message was conveyed to Trudeau that Washington will "agree to a fair deal, or there will be no deal at all." "FAIR TRADE!" he tweeted.

More @ Trudeau: Mike Pence's Demand Sank NAFTA Talks

Company I once worked for (pre-retirement) has closed down all manufacturing in California but instead of relocating in The U.S. has moved to Canada where they believe for some unknown reason that stifling rules and regulations might be somewhat less burdensome. Labor cost was not a factor.

I've been following NAFTA negotiations and this 5 year sunset provision is the one demand from us that I see as ridiculous from all angles. Companies on all sides of the border need more than a Soviet style 5 year plan as basis for business decisions.

Other items of note, Trump is demanding Mexican auto workers earn a minimum wage of $16 per hour (the $16 wage on work comprising 40% of the value of passenger vehicles and 45% for pickup trucks).

The U.S. proposal also calls for overall regional value content to rise to 75% from the current 62.5%, down from our original demand of 85%.

Trudeau says NAFTA negotiations stalled after Pence demanded sunset clause

Does this idiot not realize Canada and Mexico are in NO WIN SITUATIONS here? If they fail to renegotiate NAFTA then we just pull out and laugh as Mexico and Canada come screaming back for deals! Then we do 1 on 1 deals with them each! We hold ALL the cards!

I completely disagree. Decades ago, that was true.

But most US companies today, make more money outside the US, than inside the US.

If Ford Motor Company, has to choose between doing business with the rest of the world, or only inside US trade barriers... there is more money outside than inside.

Do not be arrogant and think we hold all the cards. We don't. Bottom line, facts are.... we don't hold all the cards. Most? Yeah most. We are the largest single market. But if all the other markets have free-trade, and our market is protected.....

There is more money outside the protection, than inside.

I've been following NAFTA negotiations and this 5 year sunset provision is the one demand from us that I see as ridiculous from all angles. Companies on all sides of the border need more than a Soviet style 5 year plan as basis for business decisions.

Other items of note, Trump is demanding Mexican auto workers earn a minimum wage of $16 per hour (the $16 wage on work comprising 40% of the value of passenger vehicles and 45% for pickup trucks).

The U.S. proposal also calls for overall regional value content to rise to 75% from the current 62.5%, down from our original demand of 85%.

I agree. There is no need for a sunset clause.

This is a bad idea.

Number one thing business needs in order to thrive is consistency. They don't want to start a multi-million dollar project, that will take 5-years to start, only to have the rules and regulations completely written. They need to know that after they have invested millions, and spent 5 years to build something, that the rules which were the basis for that project, will be there and be in place.

Sun set is a bad idea.

Company I once worked for (pre-retirement) has closed down all manufacturing in California but instead of relocating in The U.S. has moved to Canada where they believe for some unknown reason that stifling rules and regulations might be somewhat less burdensome. Labor cost was not a factor.

I wouldn't imagine that labor cost would be a concern. You pay them in
Canadian money which is only 70 cents on the dollar.

Forum List

Back