Trouble In Turkey

'businessfriends'? A couple of my friends are business people, but mainly they are journalists, artists, chefs and university professors. Why would you think that?

Of course no one should be above the law, apart from AKP corrupt politicians, of course. Oh, and the wives of AKP high-ups who flouted the veil ban laws before they were changed and were not prosecuted. It's just a good job that the AKP failed to poll sufficiently in the general election to allow them to make constitutional changes unopposed.

Why should anyone wearing a head-scarf be prosecuted?
Please explain your world-view.

I'm simply making observations based on historical fact and some knowledge of the players involved from an outsiders point of view, only time will tell what happens. I hope Turkey is able to maintain it's secular democracy but with the movement of many Islamists worldwide for a return to a "purer" form of Islam............. We'll see.

History follows patterns.
The rise of USA has for a short time interrupted those patterns. Luckily, the USA is declining without any foreign influence.

In case of Turkey in the last 200 years, these patterns are rigorous cooperation with Germany as Germany always stood on the side of Turkey in times of need. Unconditionally.
Be it development assistance, opening it's borders to Millions of Turkish workers as our economy couldn't integrate them. And opening doors to "refugees" from the Army's coups(at least 100thousand from 1980 coup), and off course modernization of our economy. Germany is by far the biggest investor into Turkish manufacturing industry compared to other foreigners.

From every € Turkey receives in pre-accession funding of EU, every 20 cents comes out of Germany.
In development assistance, Germany has by far given most to Turkey.
Equivalent to half what Germany received from USA by Marshall-Plan.
Source: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development
www.bmz.de/de/publikationen/themen/laender_regionen/Materialie198.pdf

And it was Chancellor Helmut Kohl in 1996 that made Turkey participant in EU's Customs Union and in 1997 Turkey began to appear in EU's official documents as an official membership-candidate of EU.
And in 2005 Chancellor Schröder insisted on membership talks to finally begin.
So it happened.

From our point of "view" the "West" is Germany whom we fought with in World-War.
If Turkey ever departs from "West", then from USA which is not the "West" for us.
The USA, especially it's anti-Turkish Congress is not really a friend of us.

So busy defending Turkey against imagined attacks by making unrelated (and ridiculous) comparisons you completely missed my point. Go figure.
Enjoy your fantasy propaganda machinations.

Enjoy your fantasy propaganda machinations.

I will.

imageviewerjspdid115686.jpg

Last edited:
So you're equating Russian desire for empire with Turkey's new government? Trying it regain the old Ottoman empire? :eusa_eh:

I admire any person who takes his nation and puts it on course towards much larger goals. From economic expansion to restoring national pride. Putin is one of the greatest leader of our times. He has put Russia back into its natural relevance. As such he is to be admired, and the Russians off course admire him and he has a cult-status wide over the Russian borders.

This world needs a strong Russia, Medvedev was just a gap-filler as Putin couldn't directly rule his next term due to constitution.

And yet when the US or Israel flex their muscles and expand their roles, you piss and cry like a 5 year old. Go figure.

Still missing my point and still under the impression I'm attacking the Turkish government and people. *sigh*

If Turkey goes Islamic Fundamentalist just how long before no more Internet for Ekram?

He's so busy playing cheerleader for Turkey he can't see anything else. Part of that culture is an admiration and respect for strong leaders even if they're brutal as long as they make their peoples economic/industrial/trade situation better. There are still Russians who revere Stalin for what he did for Russia despite the millions upon millions killed. Look at his admiration for bloody Putin, power for power's sake, nationalistic economic expansion by any and all means.

If Turkey goes Islamic Fundamentalist just how long before no more Internet for Ekram?

Democracies cannot accept military interventions of any kind - be it physical or rhetorical. Simple as that.
You have a problem with that, it is your problem, not mine. And it only shows what kind of "democrat" you are.

As to "Ekram" having no Internet:
Turkish Telecom, Europe's 3rd biggest Telecommunication company, will connect Arab countries to the data-center in Istanbul with 7.000 km of fibre-glass throughout Arab countries.
So our Arab friends get reliable and fast access to Internet like Turks have.

Source:
ARD, Germany's Public Broadcaster
Türkei: Auf dem Weg zum Hightech-Land? | tagesschau.de
Google Translation Link

Not germane.

Mr. Putin has less blood on his hand then Mr. Bush.
So, I wanted to remind Ringel when he indicated Mr. Putin is some Hitler or Stalin type of a guy.

It is sad how Putin's adversaries just seem to die of polonium poisoning.

Indeed. Anyone with a sense of past and future can just flip through Ekrem's posts and see what nationalism, as compared with patriotism is about. Bad winds are blowing.

It is sad how Putin's adversaries just seem to die of polonium poisoning.

I like the Roadrunner and Coyote.
The roadrunner in this case was the mobile WMD-laboratories and the missiles which could be launched within 45 minutes.
The Coyote (USA) never could catch them.

80932big.jpg

Mr. Putin has much less blood on his hand, then the "great democratic USA".

Indeed. Anyone with a sense of past and future can just flip through Ekrem's posts and see what nationalism, as compared with patriotism is about. Bad winds are blowing.

Look in the mirror, and after that look behind you. Maybe you'll see the blood-path behind you, then you'll see from where the wind is blowing.
The "Axis of Good" and the good wars against the "Axis of Evil".

Last edited:

Look in the mirror, and after that look behind you. Maybe you'll see the blood-path behind you, then you'll see from where the wind is blowing.
The "Axis of Good" and the good wars against the "Axis of Evil".

Sooooo. evil should not be fought thereby allowing it to flourish? Oh course what one considers evil can at times be subjective and or propagandized. And no, I'm not referring to one nation, individual or group of nations, individuals though I suspect you will.

Sooooo. evil should not be fought thereby allowing it to flourish? Oh course what one considers evil can at times be subjective and or propagandized. And no, I'm not referring to one nation, individual or group of nations, individuals though I suspect you will.

The evil that was Saddam was deactivated in 1990.
After that, Iraq lost any claim on its territory with Northern and Southern no-fly zones, and the north becoming quasi autonomous.
The rest was done by UN sanctions.

So, what qualified Iraq in 2001 to become a member of the so-called "Axis of Evil".
Nothing, because the Evil this time was not located on Iraq's side.

The evil that was Saddam was deactivated in 1990.
After that, Iraq lost any claim on its territory with Northern and Southern no-fly zones, and the north becoming quasi autonomous.
The rest was done by UN sanctions.

So, what qualified Iraq in 2001 to become a member of the so-called "Axis of Evil".
Nothing, because the Evil this time was not located on Iraq's side.

Well that was pretty much a non-answer though it was a rather thinly veiled accusation. Pretty much what I expected.

Well that was pretty much a non-answer though it was a rather thinly veiled accusation. Pretty much what I expected.

If you express an attitude of expectation with subliminal charges, I won't disappoint you and you'll get the answers you deserve.

Forum List

Back