Troops killed in Niger

I'm hoping we have permission to be there, otherwise, the deaths are the fault of the American government.

Where does the US NOT have troops?

The US wonders why people get pissed off and try and attack the US.

I agree the West should stop providing Niger with money. In 6 months, most of the population would starve and or succumb to easily curable diseases as Mother Nature intended.

How about the US not buy their Oil...

Niger has been desimated by Oil Compaies buy rights and poluting the country in the extraction , all protected by corrupt governments...

If you polute the fish stocks then fisherment become pirates... Pollute the land, they become rebels...

I was talking to Shell exec one night and he said they do it and that is the only way to get oil...

Niger is an ecological disaster zone...

Niger could feed itself without oil, it was oil that ruined the country

Newsflash: Shell is NOT an American oil company.

This one not about oil, my mistake...

Uranium is the reason the US is there

Really? Is that why the troops were nowhere near the uranium mines when they were attacked?

No doubt oil companies are sloppy there but come on Niger nor can any African can feed themselves without Western help. They are angry savages because they hate more advanced humans.

Actualty mixed up Niger with Nigeria...

Niger is one of those central African hell holes. Uranium is there big export and they have lovely deals with China if you want to give them up... The US is probably there to stop uranium getting into the wrong hands...

US is there so dirty bombs are not set off all over America. Not pretty but it has to be done...

The US is in Niger with the Nigerian army, according to this report. Niger being directly north of Nigeria.

A hell hole? Well it's a tough place.

1280px-Niger_sat.png

This is what it looks like from the air. Clearly green isn't their favorite color. It's mostly desert. The population seems to have doubled in the last 17 years from 10 million to 20 million. And up from 3.6 million in the 1960s.

49% of the population is 14 or younger. It's a harsh place. Maybe not the best place to live. Life expectancy is over 60 years of age, which is not bad for a desert.

Uranium is 72% of their exports. It's all they've really got. Maybe if the US were a little more generous with their buying price, then they wouldn't need troops there.

Agreed, but we both know you could give ten times the price and none will reach the locals... Africa especially central africa is a hell on earth... Niger isn't even the worse and that is saying some...

So back to the basic question, how do you control Uranium production? Not an easy answer...

I agree the West should stop providing Niger with money. In 6 months, most of the population would starve and or succumb to easily curable diseases as Mother Nature intended.

Niger has been desimated by Oil Compaies buy rights and poluting the country in the extraction , all protected by corrupt governments...

If you polute the fish stocks then fisherment become pirates... Pollute the land, they become rebels...

I was talking to Shell exec one night and he said they do it and that is the only way to get oil...

Bravo on figuring out you have the wrong country!

Well.... that's a difficult one in these modern times.

Shell is, officially, a Dutch company.

Headquarters in the Hague, the CEO is Dutch, and that's about as Dutch as you really get.

Largest shareholders are Franklin Resources Inc., American, Price T Rowe Associates Inc. American, Fidelity Investments, American.

So, the reality of it is that it's international, but has a lot of American backers. However these American firms might be owned in part by foreigners too.

International Companies of today... There is not such thing as an American Company or Dutch Company... But your lobbyist will tell you that

Really? Is that why the troops were nowhere near the uranium mines when they were attacked?

Because simply saying we are going to the mine and screw the rest does normally sit well with the local government and there troops...

Unless you want an all out war in Africa, you have to play by the rules and try and create a few more

Headquarters in the Hague, the CEO is Dutch, and that's about as Dutch as you really get.

Largest shareholders are Franklin Resources Inc., American, Price T Rowe Associates Inc. American, Fidelity Investments, American.

So, the reality of it is that it's international, but has a lot of American backers. However these American firms might be owned in part by foreigners too.

International Companies of today... There is not such thing as an American Company or Dutch Company... But your lobbyist will tell you that

So that is why they named their company Royal Dutch Shell aad have their headquarters in the Netherlands? Gotcha!

Because simply saying we are going to the mine and screw the rest does normally sit well with the local government and there troops...

Unless you want an all out war in Africa, you have to play by the rules and try and create a few more

Can I ask you an honest question? Do you have any idea what you are talking about or simply talking out of your ass because you confused the countries?

Our troops are there because of ISIS and Al-Qaeda.

So that is why they named their company Royal Dutch Shell aad have their headquarters in the Netherlands? Gotcha!

These companies be it BP (British Petroleum), Exxon, Shell... They are international companies with interests all over the globe including sizeable interests in US... Shell has 22,000 workers in US out of 94,000 worldwide... I am sure they are card paying member of the Big Oil lobby which buys you stuff...

If you want they can change their name to 'US Oil' if it makes you feel better..

But as I said this is not about oil, it is about Uranium...

The name was given a long time ago (110 years ago to be precise) when a British and a Dutch company came together.

It's like a river. The river starts off in the Mountains and might be named after that area, but then it moves down stream and picks up water from many different places. The river at the end is nothing like the river at the beginning.

Well BP made sure it was BP after their last US oil disaster, because British Petroleum sounds too much like it's not American. It's okay for Americans to fuck up their coast line and kill millions of birds, but NOT OKAY for a British company to do so.

Can I ask you an honest question? Do you have any idea what you are talking about or simply talking out of your ass because you confused the countries?

Our troops are there because of ISIS and Al-Qaeda.

There is a muslim v christian war going on(as in alot of countries along that line) but the main reason is Uranium... Look nobody gives a shit about wars in Kenya and Eritrea, Why?

Well BP made sure it was BP after their last US oil disaster, because British Petroleum sounds too much like it's not American. It's okay for Americans to fuck up their coast line and kill millions of birds, but NOT OKAY for a British company to do so.

I think there is as many Americans on the board of directors as British:

Sir John Sawers | The board | Board and executive team | About BP | BP

4 each for Shell (Dutch v US):
Board of Directors

Here is a nice one in Shell:
Jessica Uhl
Chief Financial Officer

Previous Job : Worked in Finance in Enron... Now that is the way to get a top job

I think there is as many Americans on the board of directors as British:

Sir John Sawers | The board | Board and executive team | About BP | BP

4 each for Shell (Dutch v US):
Board of Directors

Here is a nice one in Shell:
Jessica Uhl
Chief Financial Officer

Previous Job : Worked in Finance in Enron... Now that is the way to get a top job

Yeah, they use their nationalistic stuff when it suits them, and they're international when it suits them.

Four Boko Haram fighters killed as troops foil attacks on IDP camp - Premium Times Nigeria

Troops of the Nigerian army have in different operations in parts of Borno state killed four Boko Haram fighters plotting to carry out suicide bombing attacks on camps for internally displaced persons, IDPs, officials have said.

The spokesperson of the army, Sani Usman, said the troops prevented a ‘mass death’ on Wednesday when ”they neutralised three Boko Haram fighters who disguised as IDPs while trying to infiltrate a camp in Bama.

Mr. Usman, a Brigadier General, said another attack was averted at a location between Firgi-Pulka area which is about 20km away from Bama where troops ”ambushed, then engaged a gang of Boko Haram fighters during which one was killed and some heavy explosives safely detonated.”

The spokesperson made this known a statement issued to the media, Thursday.

Boko Haram Fast Facts - CNN

Shows their history of attacks.

Some people have short memories..............or selective memory...............Do they remember save the girls........and Michele Obama talking about it..........................

But suddenly it righteous to bitch about it because Obama is no longer in office..........

Our troops have been there a while..........some not complaining when Obama was in office.

We got them everywhere. Need to keep America safe from Muslim fundementalist terrorist.

Again Uranium.. Yes fucked up Muslims, but they don't give a fuck about US... The Christians down there are nothing to write home about either... It is tribal down there...

America is safe by keeping an eye on Uranium not muslims and the SF know that...

We got them everywhere. Need to keep America safe from Muslim fundementalist terrorist.

Again Uranium.. Yes fucked up Muslims, but they don't give a fuck about US... The Christians down there are nothing to write home about either... It is tribal down there...

America is safe by keeping an eye on Uranium not muslims and the SF know that...
Did you say the same when Obama was in office and sent our troops there to hunt down Haram terrorists who were holding the girls..................

That was splattered all over the news and these boards.

Bet you didn't bitch then.

Forum List

Back