We are losing war on drugs why don't we legalize drugs?

ScorpioRising007

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2015
I think all this money on war on drugs is ridiculous. You know what if people want smoke pot, they want to snort cocaine, want to take meth its their right to do with their body what they want.

I have never taken drugs in my life, besides smoking cigs and drinking, but I think the war on drugs is a losing battle. I see profit money can be made off by legitimate businesses off the sale of drugs instead of that money going to the black market. Also the drugs would be much safer regulated by the government.

We arrest people all the time for smoking pot or having it on them, when even a presidential candidate admitted to smoking it. The war on drugs is silly. It's costing too much money locking people up. If they are on drugs and commit crimes or cause traffic accidents ok they need to be prosecuted, otherwise I say just leave them alone and let them do with their bodies what they choose to do.

Pot sure.

Other drugs? I'm for treating it like a disease rather than just throwing someone in jail to rot. However, I'm not really for the government getting into the hardcore drug business. In the end heroin, cocaine and meth serve absolutely no purpose in society. Well...maybe a little coke, I mean you have to try it at least once, right?

But, besides that, many people on drugs are so because of personal mental health issues and drugs are only going to make it worse, for them and everyone around them. So, while I understand the notion of decriminalizing drugs as long prison sentences haven't done anything, I'm not so sure I want to get all libertarian on them either.

Pot sure.

Other drugs? I'm for treating it like a disease rather than just throwing someone in jail to rot. However, I'm not really for the government getting into the hardcore drug business. In the end heroin, cocaine and meth serve absolutely no purpose in society. Well...maybe a little coke, I mean you have to try it at least once, right?

But, besides that, many people on drugs are so because of personal mental health issues and drugs are only going to make it worse, for them and everyone around them. So, while I understand the notion of decriminalizing drugs as long prison sentences haven't done anything, I'm not so sure I want to get all libertarian on them either.

All we've done by prohibiting them is create a violent and deadly black market.

Pot sure.

All we've done by prohibiting them is create a violent and deadly black market.

That's true, I have no argument with that though I think drug violence is usually between those who are in the illegal drug business.

What about those who steal or prostitute themselves for their addictions? It's still going to cost them to buy drugs and those really bad off still aren't going to have the money. Are you prepared to pay for their drugs?

If you want to see a successful war on drugs, it's Singapore. Not us.

I lived in Singapore for ten years. Yes, they they have very little drug problems. They have the death penalty for drug trafficking, but so does Malaysia, Indonesia, China and ten other countries.

They are also a tiny island with just over 5 million people and an almost totalitarian police control. I wouldn't exactly hold Singapore up as a Libertarian ideal.

Our country had a disastrous flirtation with the prohibition of alcohol and have been embarked on an equally disastrous prohibition on drugs since the 1960's. Trillions of dollars, thousands of deaths, millions of Americans with criminal records, on a frightfully ineffective attempt to keep people from using recreational drugs.

Time to call it quits and stop trying to criminalize pleasure.

I lived in Singapore for ten years. Yes, they they have very little drug problems. They have the death penalty for drug trafficking, but so does Malaysia, Indonesia, China and ten other countries.

They are also a tiny island with just over 5 million people and an almost totalitarian police control. I wouldn't exactly hold Singapore up as a Libertarian ideal.

Our country had a disastrous flirtation with the prohibition of alcohol and have been embarked on an equally disastrous prohibition on drugs since the 1960's. Trillions of dollars, thousands of deaths, millions of Americans with criminal records, on a frightfully ineffective attempt to keep people from using recreational drugs.

Time to call it quits and stop trying to criminalize pleasure.
There has never been a serious attempt to deal with drugs. Other countries have done it. It's stupid to think we couldn't.

Yeah, but they don't take kindly to public drunkeness and I'd hate to see your ass get caned.
It wouldn't happen to me. I don't drink. But I wouldn't mind seeing your naked ass caned down to the bone.

I think we both know that's probably not accurate.

And, how much are you willing to pay? We can probably work something out.

Yeah, but they don't take kindly to public drunkeness and I'd hate to see your ass get caned.
It wouldn't happen to me. I don't drink. But I wouldn't mind seeing your naked ass caned down to the bone.

You have it wrong. I get paid for whipping ass. You have to pay me.

I used to have a paddle. Do you remember the wooden paddles that would bounce a rubber ball on a rubber band? Put different sized holes in the paddle. A few good whacks and blood will be running down your crack.

Good money there. But I'll give you a discount.

As a former drug abuser who was around addicts frequently, from potheads with a mental addiction to full-blow heroin junkies, the most important thing to know about drugs is that if someone wants to do drugs, they're fucking going to get and use those drugs, and no law is going to stop them. Illegal drugs are NOT difficult to get. At all. So if the argument is, "We need to keep people off the drugs, and that's why they need to stay illegal", I call horseshit. The laws aren't stopping real hard drug abusers, and especially not drug addicts.

The real reason probably has to do with how much $$ is tied up in our privately-owned prisons.

I used to have a paddle. Do you remember the wooden paddles that would bounce a rubber ball on a rubber band? Put different sized holes in the paddle. A few good whacks and blood will be running down your crack.

Does your husband lawyer mind?

Does your husband lawyer mind?
I'm not married, sweetie and my paddle is thirsty. It hasn't had a good workout since I was in law school.

Forum List

Back