Triple Crown winner this weekend?

American Pharoah did it. The first triple crown winner in 37 years.

He made it look easy. I don't think we've seen the best this horse has to offer.

I looked at his pedigree. On his dams side he goes to Storm Cat and to Secretariat who had no problem with the distance. He's got some great blood in there.

Through his sire, Pioneer of the Nile to his grandsire, Empire Maker who won the Belmont.

His pedigree goes to Unbridled, Fappiano, Mr.Prospector, Native Dancer, Northern Dancer.

American Pharoah has a great pedigree full of some super race horses.

The stud rights have been sold to Ashford Stud for twenty million which I'm sure will go up since he won the triple crown.

His stud bee will be anywhere from $75 thousand to $100 thousand.

The owners will get a percentage of those stud fees.

It was a super race and he won by 5 and a half lengths and made it look easy.

He made it look easy. I don't think we've seen the best this horse has to offer.

I looked at his pedigree. On his dams side he goes to Storm Cat and to Secretariat who had no problem with the distance. He's got some great blood in there.

Through his sire, Pioneer of the Nile to his grandsire, Empire Maker who won the Belmont.

His pedigree goes to Unbridled, Fappiano, Mr.Prospector, Native Dancer, Northern Dancer.

The stud rights have been sold to Ashford Stud for twenty million which I'm sure will go up since he won the triple crown.

And the great thoroughbred is not done yet. He has another race to win before being put out to breed. I have owned a retired racing horse and she and I road with the wind. That is all she wanted to do ....run. :) I usually rode her bareback, unless in the mountains, when I strapped onto her a Tennessee Walking Horse saddle.

SNIP:

News from The Associated Press

"He's an athlete. We have to keep him moving," Baffert said. "He's so happy when he's on that track."

The ultimate goal would be the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic, to be run Oct. 31 at Keeneland in Lexington, Kentucky, the cradle of American racing and breeding and near where American Pharoah will serve stud duty.

The colt was named champion 2-year-old last year and is a cinch to lock up similar honors as a 3-year-old. But all that racing "wears on them and eventually it catches up," said Baffert, who understands Zayat's eventual desire to retire American Pharoah to the breeding shed.

"This way they get rewarded," Baffert jokingly told The Associated Press recently. "They get to have sex with 200 mares a year." :thup:

blank.gif

And the great thoroughbred is not done yet. He has another race to win before being put out to breed. I have owned a retired racing horse and she and I road with the wind. That is all she wanted to do ....run. :) I usually rode her bareback, unless in the mountains, when I strapped onto her a Tennessee Walking Horse saddle.

SNIP:

News from The Associated Press

"He's an athlete. We have to keep him moving," Baffert said. "He's so happy when he's on that track."

The ultimate goal would be the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic, to be run Oct. 31 at Keeneland in Lexington, Kentucky, the cradle of American racing and breeding and near where American Pharoah will serve stud duty.

The colt was named champion 2-year-old last year and is a cinch to lock up similar honors as a 3-year-old. But all that racing "wears on them and eventually it catches up," said Baffert, who understands Zayat's eventual desire to retire American Pharoah to the breeding shed.

"This way they get rewarded," Baffert jokingly told The Associated Press recently. "They get to have sex with 200 mares a year." :thup:

blank.gif

Pharoah will probably race three or four more times this year just as Secretariat did.

I'm sure they are shooting for the Breeders Cup classic to be his final race.

As for stud duty. Lets hope he's not another War Emblem. LOL

Too much money at play.

How many times, in recent years, has there been a back-to-back winner with a "lock" to win the crown? Just to see a long shot (that hardly anyone else bet on....wink, wink, nudge, nudge) come in and take it away......
They're pushing publicity and taking in the bets.

Secretariat won the Belmont in 2:24. American Pharoah did it in 2:26, and he did it on a sloppy race track. Outstanding.

Nope the track was rated fast.

I think your thinking of the Preakness where he won it in a driving rainstorm and a sloppy track.

He's one versatile horse and from what I understand he's very mild mannered.

Nope the track was rated fast.

I think your thinking of the Preakness where he won it in a driving rainstorm and a sloppy track.

He's one versatile horse and from what I understand he's very mild mannered.

You know what? You are right. My bad.

Forum List

Back