tried my buddy's optic sighted M4

May 21, 2015
it was not faster for the hits than my "v notched" rear peep sight mod, (epoxy "ears" made for the sight). So why give up the luminous inserts, why give up the protected sights, why give up the maginification and clarity of the scope? Why be battery dependent? Why spend all that money, for no real gain and some losses? I DID buy an upper that offers the removable carrying handle, but it's loctited in place. i thought I was going to want the optic, for "normal times" competition, but , to me, it's just a hassle, with not nearly enough gains to justify the expense, weight, vulnerability of the optic. I'm still interested in the 45 degree angle mounted optic, I'll find a way to test one of those before ruling it out. See how far distant it will still work, basically is my concern. Having held the rifle upright all of my life, I doubt that I'm going to want to be twisting it to one side, but I'll try it for a bit.

Why not have the best of both worlds?
And studies show you're wrong,red dot optics allow quicker target acquisition and they allow better battlefield awareness because you leave both eyes open.

upload_2015-7-5_11-33-16.png

And studies show you're wrong,red dot optics allow quicker target acquisition and they allow better battlefield awareness because you leave both eyes open.

View attachment 43895

Thank you. Yes, the tests do show that are faster on target and allow for more awareness. I don't worry about being "battery dependent", since I can buy more batteries and maintain a box of them. No, they won't last forever in a SHTF situation, but few things will.

View attachment 43895

Thank you. Yes, the tests do show that are faster on target and allow for more awareness. I don't worry about being "battery dependent", since I can buy more batteries and maintain a box of them. No, they won't last forever in a SHTF situation, but few things will.

I'm going on two years with the original battery.
And if they die thats what the B.U.S. are for.

View attachment 43895

I'm going on two years with the original battery.
And if they die thats what the B.U.S. are for.

I had one on a Ruger 10/22 for at least 2 years. It was a go to rifle when I lived out in the boonies. I imagine the battery would have lasted longer if my daughter hadn't left it on when we packed up after a trip to the range.

Forum List

Back