Trickle Up Defies Gravity

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jamesduncan, Dec 30, 2017.

?

WHICH IS BETTER FOR THE ECONOMY

1. TRICKLE DOWN

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. TRICKLE UP

11 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. danielpalos

danielpalos Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,864
    it is why we don't take right wing tax cuts at face value, just giveaways to the rich.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cellblock2429

Cellblock2429 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,318
    /——/ Hey libtards explain this: Tax cuts pushed Fed to raise economic forecast, meeting minutes show
    Jeff Cox | @JeffCoxCNBCcom
    Published 45 Mins Ago Updated 7 Mins Ago
    CNBC.com
    "Most participants indicated that prospective changes in federal tax policy were a factor that led them to boost their projections of real GDP growth over the next couple of years," minutes from the Fed's December meeting say.
    The Fed at the meeting voted to increase its benchmark interest rate a quarter point to 1.25 percent to 1.5 percent.
    The minutes also reflected concern "that inflation might stay below the objective for longer than they currently expected."

3. Cellblock2429

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,318
    /——/ the night I explain this: Tax cuts pushed Fed to raise economic forecast, meeting minutes show
    Jeff Cox | @JeffCoxCNBCcom
    Published 45 Mins Ago Updated 7 Mins Ago
    CNBC.com
    "Most participants indicated that prospective changes in federal tax policy were a factor that led them to boost their projections of real GDP growth over the next couple of years," minutes from the Fed's December meeting say.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,680
    So what?

The so called rich have just as much right to keep as much of their money as possible just like you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. danielpalos

danielpalos Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,864
    What about the increase in the debt? What structural improvements were actually made to our economy.

6. EverCurious

EverCurious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,238
    Ahhh I was apparently just looking at their small chassis units - their site ad on the home page lead me to believe that series (Apexx5 or whatever) was their top of the line.

I've now found their 4 series is actually the top of the line... Better, but they are still over priced, wanting 15+ grand for anything that gives a notable performance increase over my current rig. At least that series looks to have a 1250W PSU though heh.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  7. Checkerboard Strangler

Checkerboard Strangler BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +366
    We ARE definitely in different worlds.
    I can't tell you all the components in my machine. I know I have 16 cores, two Xeon procs, and two top of the line Nvidia GPU's. They were top of the line four years ago, obviously not now. I have 32 GB of whatever the fastest RAM available was four years ago.
    I can render seven or eight tracks (maybe more, so far 8 is the max number of 4K tracks I've tried) of 4K UHD material and an unlimited number of audio tracks on a video editing timeline in real time or faster than real time, depending on what file format I render to, usually AVID DNxHD or ProRes.
    If it's rendering to a 1080i or 1080p finished product it renders several times faster than real time.

I don't give a damn what it looks like because it's all rack mounted, and to be honest it looks ancient and retro, and well worn, and even a little dusty. It's a workhorse, and it just keeps churning out material and getting me paid.

I normally use AVID but have been known to slum it by using Vegas Pro because I like the slick and fast interface a lot better. I use Premiere once in a while but hate it with a passion. I also have begun fiddling around with DaVinci Resolve, but I do not have the full suite with the control hardware. But still, Resolve is revolutionary in so many ways. I have used the full suite with the hardware control interface and it's pretty slick and a lot of fun.

Been editing for thirty-five years now, started out cutting film on a flatbed film editor, moved to videotape and made the transition to digital in 2000, when everything was all still so new.
    I'm a recovering analog dinosaur who still misses the look and feel of broadcast reel to reel VTR's.
    I have an AMPEX VPR-6 in perfect condition sitting in the garage and a lot of old 1-inch Type C videotapes still in need of being digitized (my life's work). That VTR cost 90 thousand bucks back in the 80's when it was new but I got this one for TEN BUCKS at a thrift shop, so I was surprised it was in such good shape.
    It's an orphan format from the analog days, so the only people who care about them are folks like me with a lot of old material sitting around.

I paid about six thousand for my current workstation four years ago. Oh yeah, it HAS a 1200 watt power supply.
    My electric bill reminds me of that.

8. Cellblock2429

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,318
    /——/ Calm down Nancy and take a Midol. The bill just went into affect Jan 1.

9. Slade3200

Slade3200 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,706
    Well this libtard is all for tax cuts... I just think they could have been better applied with a greater emphasis on small business and the middle class. But this thread isnt about the tax plan, it’s about trickle up vs trickle down. I brought up the very relevant problem of wealth inequality.... thoughts?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. EverCurious

EverCurious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,238
    Yeah, there's a massive difference between a rig for video processing and a rig for gaming that's for sure. It's all about the internet these days, can't have those massive RAW video "files" in an online player vs player game, it's all gotta be streamlined and squashed for transmittal.

There is actually some cross-over though, I do a /lot/ of video editing and publishing for my games; I have almost 20 years worth of game play and class lessons, plus sneak-peek/heads up's for all the BETA's I get invited to check out for my fan club. I started out using VideoStudio (used to be Macromedia but now it's Adobe) and stuck with it all these years, probably not as robust as anything you use but I do a lot of 1080i - it's all about what I can stream on (YouTube, Vidmeo, etc.)

I also do home interior design which is pretty intensive. I designed my kitchen remodel in Punch! Home Design AS5000 before making it a reality in my home. I'm super happy with the results of that and I'm currently working on the plans for an addition to fix the tiny front entry and oddly sized attached garage.

I'm sure 1200W is fine for a "vanilla" rig, but I'm a bit more vain and demand lights, bells, and whistles. I like pushing the envelope with creative shit too, like this build is a dual HTPC case designed to look like an 80s rack stereo. My last scratch mod was a "70s future" themed desktop build that had cathode lighting inside my custom braided cables :p