Trickle Up Defies Gravity

WHICH IS BETTER FOR THE ECONOMY

• TRICKLE DOWN

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • TRICKLE UP

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
So me saying let people keep as much of their money as possible is somehow in your tiny brain the same as Marie Antoinette saying let them eat cake?

And you think I should listen to your sage advice on the economy when you obviously don't know shit
How is it, "their money" if it is being added to the "Peoples' debt"?

It is their money. They earned it.

If you got a job you might understand that.

And the only thing adding to the debt is governemnt spending
End our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror; they are not in our Constitution. Providing for the general welfare is in our Constitution.
Here we go again Dory.
Why don't you look up one of the dozen or so posts where I have addressed your war on drugs obsession
There is no drug war clause, there is a welfare clause.

There is no "welfare clause".

The Preamble does not say "provide for the general welfare".

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Promote does not mean provide. "To promote the general welfare" defines the context to the Constitution and its mandates. Nothing more.

It does not grant power, it is not law, and authorizes no legislation forcing a redistribution of wealth to citizens or industry as it has been twisted to mean.

End our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror; they are not in our Constitution. Providing for the general welfare is in our Constitution.
Here we go again Dory.
Why don't you look up one of the dozen or so posts where I have addressed your war on drugs obsession

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Promote does not mean provide. "To promote the general welfare" provides context to the Constitution and its mandates. Nothing more.

It does not grant power, it is not law, and authorizes no legislation forcing a redistribution of wealth to citizens or industry as it has been twisted to mean.
This is why nobody on the left should ever take the right wing seriously about our Constitution or Constitutional law.

The preamble says to promote the general welfare not the common defense.

Here we go again Dory.

Promote does not mean provide. "To promote the general welfare" provides context to the Constitution and its mandates. Nothing more.

This is why nobody on the left should ever take the right wing seriously about our Constitution or Constitutional law.

See #268. You wrote "Providing for the general welfare is in our Constitution."

That is wrong from the git-go. The Preamble does state "provide for the common defense."

Here we go again Dory.

See #268. You wrote "Providing for the general welfare is in our Constitution."

That is wrong from the git-go. The Preamble does state "provide for the common defense."
lol. Nobody takes the right wing seriously about the Constitution or Constitutional law.

You have to read the rest of the Constitution and not appeal to ignorance.

So me saying let people keep as much of their money as possible is somehow in your tiny brain the same as Marie Antoinette saying let them eat cake?

And you think I should listen to your sage advice on the economy when you obviously don't know shit

Here we go again Dory.

Dory, what have I said to you about the war on drugs at least a dozen times?

Here we go again Dory.

what is even funnier, is that there is no drug war clause in the Republican Doctrine, either.

Their 300W PSU could barely even handle the ITX music server I've got in my bottom chassis heh)

300W PSU?
I don't think we are talking about the same BOXX machines.
Unlike you, I am not a system builder, I'm a film editor, however I know that BOXX offers a lot more than what you quoted. No, it's aimed at gaming, you're correct, their stuff is mostly designed for film editing, compositing, color grading, audio sweetening, and graphics.

But I can assure you that you may have some outdated material when it comes to their catalog.

Here we go again Dory.

what is even funnier, is that there is no drug war clause in the Republican Doctrine, either.

So the fuck what? You do realize that both republican and democrat parties have continued the failed war on drugs don't you?

And just to remind you again, Dory, I am not a republican

Here we go again Dory.

So the fuck what? You do realize that both republican and democrat parties have continued the failed war on drugs don't you?

it is why we don't take right wing tax cuts at face value, just giveaways to the rich.

Obviously the "rich" already can and do spend as much as they care to.
So that justifies taking the rest from them right?

That's your retarded logic.

I simply explained why tax cuts aren't going to increase spending. If I can already write a check for $50k anytime I'd like, how does giving me a $50k tax cut make me more likely to spend? How much shit do you imagine people need?
IDGAF if tax cuts increase spending or not.

IMO everyone should keep as much of their own money as possible.

And unlike you I don't think I have the right to tell another person what they "need".
Do you have any sense of how an economic system works? It doesn’t sound like you do or you even care. If that’s the case then you shouldnt be part of discussions like these cause you don’t know what you’re talking about

Why on earth would I listen to you?

The economy will be better off of everyone keeps more of their own money.

And where in any economic system, oh wise and powerful economic sage, does it say that anyone can tell you how much you "need"?
/——/ Hey libtards explain this: Tax cuts pushed Fed to raise economic forecast, meeting minutes show
Jeff Cox | @JeffCoxCNBCcom
Published 45 Mins Ago Updated 7 Mins Ago
CNBC.com
"Most participants indicated that prospective changes in federal tax policy were a factor that led them to boost their projections of real GDP growth over the next couple of years," minutes from the Fed's December meeting say.
The Fed at the meeting voted to increase its benchmark interest rate a quarter point to 1.25 percent to 1.5 percent.
The minutes also reflected concern "that inflation might stay below the objective for longer than they currently expected."

Here we go again Dory.

it is why we don't take right wing tax cuts at face value, just giveaways to the rich.
/——/ the night I explain this: Tax cuts pushed Fed to raise economic forecast, meeting minutes show
CNBC.com
"Most participants indicated that prospective changes in federal tax policy were a factor that led them to boost their projections of real GDP growth over the next couple of years," minutes from the Fed's December meeting say.

Here we go again Dory.

So what?

The so called rich have just as much right to keep as much of their money as possible just like you.

/——/ the night I explain this: Tax cuts pushed Fed to raise economic forecast, meeting minutes show
CNBC.com
What about the increase in the debt? What structural improvements were actually made to our economy.

Their 300W PSU could barely even handle the ITX music server I've got in my bottom chassis heh)

300W PSU?
I don't think we are talking about the same BOXX machines.
Unlike you, I am not a system builder, I'm a film editor, however I know that BOXX offers a lot more than what you quoted. No, it's aimed at gaming, you're correct, their stuff is mostly designed for film editing, compositing, color grading, audio sweetening, and graphics.

But I can assure you that you may have some outdated material when it comes to their catalog.

Ahhh I was apparently just looking at their small chassis units - their site ad on the home page lead me to believe that series (Apexx5 or whatever) was their top of the line.

I've now found their 4 series is actually the top of the line... Better, but they are still over priced, wanting 15+ grand for anything that gives a notable performance increase over my current rig. At least that series looks to have a 1250W PSU though heh.

More OT geeking out said:
bDCUV1K.png

AND I'd have to switch over to intel chips, which are nice no doubt, but AMDs Ryzen isn't /that/ far behind it and I'd rather buy AMD. It's a quasi-trust/open market/consumer protection kind of thing for me, because AMD doesn't play the "oh you want our new CPU this year? Buy a new MB (and prob RAM) too bitches" as much. AMD CPUs and sockets are designed with a bit more longevity in mind and they don't play as many "capture the entire market" games as Intel does. Its like I'll hang on to a CPU after I upgrade so that if shit goes bad with the new chip I can flop in the old one, no downtime - intel on the other hand is a real whore about backward compatibility. Which also means you can't like "work your way into" an i7, because you end up replacing the all the guts (CPU, MB, RAM). To be fair, I guess you could use your old MB, CPU, RAM in the case of fire and disorder, but all my old stuff ends up in my kids' rigs never to be seen again so that's never been a benefit for me personally, plus it's a PITA to swap out MBs.

The new Nvidia's are pretty nice - the GTX 1080Ti is the card I've been seriously thinking about replacing my 290x's with (because AMD's VEGA release earlier this year sucked balls, but I want MSI's gaming aftermarket OC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XVG7M23/?tag=ff0d01-20 (although, what the hell with that stupid red plastic shroud... this does /not/ match my black/silver theme >.<.) Anyway, the GTX 1081Ti Gaming for like $800 performs almost like a Titan (fastest gaming card on the market) which is still selling for around $1200, which is a great "bang for the buck" deal. However, the downside of Team Green for me is that Nvidia's SLI aesthetically sucks; I don't want some stupid cable shit on the top of my GPUs, it seriously takes away from my "minimalist" look (as you can see in the pics below, I've customized all my cables to be completely hidden beneath the MB; my goal was to have a "wireless" look.) Which is ultimately why I'm still hanging out on Team Red with Radeon's Crossfire through the MB, even though Team Red has some kind of unholy alliance to put god awful red accents all over their damn shit.

I actually dumped a top of the line Sabertooth 990FX limited edition MB (a more capable and tougher board) because of it's stupid "army green" color scheme and "downgraded" to a Gigabyte UD5 (a less durable slightly throttled board) for it's black theme:

QRCizZs.jpg

and my water blocked 290x's custom cables:
HPVxD7k.jpg

That water block with a cable on the [rear] top of it would just wreck the clean lines IMO. Then you add in Radeon's Eyefinity, which lets me use all my monitor's as a single monitor (-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMbHZ8Mn__g&list=RDQMheGk7LhkDqI ), and I end up playing for Team Red.

That said Nvidia /is/ catching up on performance, they've consistently held the top with their Titan for like four years now... IF Radeon doesn't improve their dumbass VEGA performance I may have to switch to Team Green and suck it up with the SLI cable... They did introduce "Surround" (basically their eyefinity, though it's a bit rough yet) and they also started coming out with a custom themed hard cable for their GPUs which is at least sufferable, the "stock" SLi cables are quite simply unacceptable to me though;

The new custom themed hard SLi cables:
original.jpg

vs stock SLi cables
IMG_1270.jpg

Last edited:
I actually dumped a top of the line Sabertooth 990FX limited edition MB (a more capable and tougher board) because of it's stupid "army green" color scheme and "downgraded" to a Gigabyte UD5 (a less durable slightly throttled board) for it's black theme

We ARE definitely in different worlds.
I can't tell you all the components in my machine. I know I have 16 cores, two Xeon procs, and two top of the line Nvidia GPU's. They were top of the line four years ago, obviously not now. I have 32 GB of whatever the fastest RAM available was four years ago.
I can render seven or eight tracks (maybe more, so far 8 is the max number of 4K tracks I've tried) of 4K UHD material and an unlimited number of audio tracks on a video editing timeline in real time or faster than real time, depending on what file format I render to, usually AVID DNxHD or ProRes.
If it's rendering to a 1080i or 1080p finished product it renders several times faster than real time.

I don't give a damn what it looks like because it's all rack mounted, and to be honest it looks ancient and retro, and well worn, and even a little dusty. It's a workhorse, and it just keeps churning out material and getting me paid.

I normally use AVID but have been known to slum it by using Vegas Pro because I like the slick and fast interface a lot better. I use Premiere once in a while but hate it with a passion. I also have begun fiddling around with DaVinci Resolve, but I do not have the full suite with the control hardware. But still, Resolve is revolutionary in so many ways. I have used the full suite with the hardware control interface and it's pretty slick and a lot of fun.

Been editing for thirty-five years now, started out cutting film on a flatbed film editor, moved to videotape and made the transition to digital in 2000, when everything was all still so new.
I'm a recovering analog dinosaur who still misses the look and feel of broadcast reel to reel VTR's.
I have an AMPEX VPR-6 in perfect condition sitting in the garage and a lot of old 1-inch Type C videotapes still in need of being digitized (my life's work). That VTR cost 90 thousand bucks back in the 80's when it was new but I got this one for TEN BUCKS at a thrift shop, so I was surprised it was in such good shape.
It's an orphan format from the analog days, so the only people who care about them are folks like me with a lot of old material sitting around.

I paid about six thousand for my current workstation four years ago. Oh yeah, it HAS a 1200 watt power supply.
My electric bill reminds me of that.

CNBC.com
What about the increase in the debt? What structural improvements were actually made to our economy.
/——/ Calm down Nancy and take a Midol. The bill just went into affect Jan 1.

So that justifies taking the rest from them right?

That's your retarded logic.

I simply explained why tax cuts aren't going to increase spending. If I can already write a check for $50k anytime I'd like, how does giving me a $50k tax cut make me more likely to spend? How much shit do you imagine people need?
IDGAF if tax cuts increase spending or not.

IMO everyone should keep as much of their own money as possible.

And unlike you I don't think I have the right to tell another person what they "need".
Do you have any sense of how an economic system works? It doesn’t sound like you do or you even care. If that’s the case then you shouldnt be part of discussions like these cause you don’t know what you’re talking about

Why on earth would I listen to you?

The economy will be better off of everyone keeps more of their own money.

And where in any economic system, oh wise and powerful economic sage, does it say that anyone can tell you how much you "need"?
/——/ Hey libtards explain this: Tax cuts pushed Fed to raise economic forecast, meeting minutes show
CNBC.com
The Fed at the meeting voted to increase its benchmark interest rate a quarter point to 1.25 percent to 1.5 percent.
The minutes also reflected concern "that inflation might stay below the objective for longer than they currently expected."
Well this libtard is all for tax cuts... I just think they could have been better applied with a greater emphasis on small business and the middle class. But this thread isnt about the tax plan, it’s about trickle up vs trickle down. I brought up the very relevant problem of wealth inequality.... thoughts?

I actually dumped a top of the line Sabertooth 990FX limited edition MB (a more capable and tougher board) because of it's stupid "army green" color scheme and "downgraded" to a Gigabyte UD5 (a less durable slightly throttled board) for it's black theme

We ARE definitely in different worlds.
I can't tell you all the components in my machine. I know I have 16 cores, two Xeon procs, and two top of the line Nvidia GPU's. They were top of the line four years ago, obviously not now. I have 32 GB of whatever the fastest RAM available was four years ago.
I can render seven or eight tracks (maybe more, so far 8 is the max number of 4K tracks I've tried) of 4K UHD material and an unlimited number of audio tracks on a video editing timeline in real time or faster than real time, depending on what file format I render to, usually AVID DNxHD or ProRes.
If it's rendering to a 1080i or 1080p finished product it renders several times faster than real time.

I don't give a damn what it looks like because it's all rack mounted, and to be honest it looks ancient and retro, and well worn, and even a little dusty. It's a workhorse, and it just keeps churning out material and getting me paid.

I normally use AVID but have been known to slum it by using Vegas Pro because I like the slick and fast interface a lot better. I use Premiere once in a while but hate it with a passion. I also have begun fiddling around with DaVinci Resolve, but I do not have the full suite with the control hardware. But still, Resolve is revolutionary in so many ways. I have used the full suite with the hardware control interface and it's pretty slick and a lot of fun.

Been editing for thirty-five years now, started out cutting film on a flatbed film editor, moved to videotape and made the transition to digital in 2000, when everything was all still so new.
I'm a recovering analog dinosaur who still misses the look and feel of broadcast reel to reel VTR's.
I have an AMPEX VPR-6 in perfect condition sitting in the garage and a lot of old 1-inch Type C videotapes still in need of being digitized (my life's work). That VTR cost 90 thousand bucks back in the 80's when it was new but I got this one for TEN BUCKS at a thrift shop, so I was surprised it was in such good shape.
It's an orphan format from the analog days, so the only people who care about them are folks like me with a lot of old material sitting around.

I paid about six thousand for my current workstation four years ago. Oh yeah, it HAS a 1200 watt power supply.
My electric bill reminds me of that.

Yeah, there's a massive difference between a rig for video processing and a rig for gaming that's for sure. It's all about the internet these days, can't have those massive RAW video "files" in an online player vs player game, it's all gotta be streamlined and squashed for transmittal.

There is actually some cross-over though, I do a /lot/ of video editing and publishing for my games; I have almost 20 years worth of game play and class lessons, plus sneak-peek/heads up's for all the BETA's I get invited to check out for my fan club. I started out using VideoStudio (used to be Macromedia but now it's Adobe) and stuck with it all these years, probably not as robust as anything you use but I do a lot of 1080i - it's all about what I can stream on (YouTube, Vidmeo, etc.)

I also do home interior design which is pretty intensive. I designed my kitchen remodel in Punch! Home Design AS5000 before making it a reality in my home. I'm super happy with the results of that and I'm currently working on the plans for an addition to fix the tiny front entry and oddly sized attached garage.

I'm sure 1200W is fine for a "vanilla" rig, but I'm a bit more vain and demand lights, bells, and whistles. I like pushing the envelope with creative shit too, like this build is a dual HTPC case designed to look like an 80s rack stereo. My last scratch mod was a "70s future" themed desktop build that had cathode lighting inside my custom braided cables :p

Forum List

Back