Trey Gowdy Owns Commissioner Koskinen, Again

"Secrecy, being an instrument of conspiracy, ought never to be the system of a regular government."

Jeremy Bentham

Nice pithy quote.

But here's the thing.

The reason why this was a controversy was the tea party groups wanted to claim a tax deduction where they could hide the names of their donors.

In short, they wanted to influence the outcomes of elections without letting us know who they were.

By the standard you just set down, shouldn't that be a concern?

Sorry, it would be a concern if there were evidence backing up such a claim. Weren't you the one saying I needed evidence?

There's a constitutional remedy for that.

It's called impeachment.

Of course, again, you'd need something called 'evidence'.

Can't get evidence when people are intentionally trying to destroy or hide it now can we?

We have a legal remedy for that. Obstruction of Justice.

For that, all you need is some ornery IRS employees, a corrupt Justice Department and White House.

So aren't you getting into a catch 22 here, spanky?

YOu can't get evidence because you won't grant immunity to the people you want to talk to,

and you can't get indictments because you don't have evidence.

You see, here's the thing. It's not their job to make your case for you.

As Blago once put it:

Silence is golden.

"Secrecy, being an instrument of conspiracy, ought never to be the system of a regular government."

Jeremy Bentham

Nice pithy quote.

But here's the thing.

The reason why this was a controversy was the tea party groups wanted to claim a tax deduction where they could hide the names of their donors.

In short, they wanted to influence the outcomes of elections without letting us know who they were.

Sorry, it would be a concern if there were evidence backing up such a claim. Weren't you the one saying I needed evidence?

the evidence is Karl Rove claimed to be running a "Social Welfare Agency".

Yeah, right.

Nice pithy quote.

But here's the thing.

Yeah, right.

Yet, you don't link to your claim. Links or gtfo.

Yeah, right.

^^^^ Right.

In the past here, one had to follow the Rules, including linking all quoted comments to it's source. When I was a newbie, I did that, but one day forgot to link my quote and was sent a warning by staff, in a PM, to always link my source. ONE TIME I forgot.

[

Like all the dead children on the border who were there on obammies urging?
A body count like that one?

Do you have a number for that?

And it's Obama's fault that Central America is in a state of chaos?

Hey, I think we found the perfect woman for you.

When you have to lie for a liar, it's pretty sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy Bentham

Nice pithy quote.

But here's the thing.

They are American citizens and taxpayers. What do you need to know?

Yeah, right.

Uh, not going to be responsible because you are too lazy to do research.

I actually read stuff from both sides, you should try that. Just sayin'.

Jeremy Bentham

Nice pithy quote.

But here's the thing.

They are American citizens and taxpayers. What do you need to know?

Well, here's the problem, we don't even know that.

These 501(C)4's are secret. Which means George Soros or Vlad Putin or the head guy in China could donate to them and we'd never know. That's why they aren't allowed to do politics.

Yeah, right.

^^^^ Right.

In the past here, one had to follow the Rules, including linking all quoted comments to it's source. When I was a newbie, I did that, but one day forgot to link my quote and was sent a warning by staff, in a PM, to always link my source. ONE TIME I forgot.

Sigh.

I guess I have to link to common knowledge when dealing with the "Science is a Communist Plot" crowd [citation needed].

Okay, here you go.

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com...fare-organization/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

From June 2010 until Dec. 2011, leading up to the presidential election season, Karl Rove’s Crossroads GPS spent $64.7 million, according to ProPublica. Of that money, a grand total of $1.4 million, or 2 percent, was spent on what Crossroads identified as “research.”

Yet in 2010 Crossroads applied for tax-exempt status as a 501(c)4 “social welfare organization” and specified on its application – which ProPublica obtained from the IRS – that 20 percent of its money would be spent on research, 50 percent on public education and 30 percent on “activities to influence legislation and policy making.”

In 2012, according to ProPublica, Crossroads GPS spent more than $70 million on ads and phone calls created to promote Republican candidates (like Mitt Romney). Then it spent another $50 million on ads attacking President Obama outside the FEC’s reporting window. Its twisted sister organization, American Crossroads, spent almost $105 million on ads during the 2012 campaign cycle.

I do really appreciate you bumping my thread constantly and all, but you need to stop obsessing over my comments. The job stuff is old. You bragging about having one is even more childish. In fact it's probably nothing special in the grand scheme of life. So zip it.

And as far as your research capabilities go, I have you sorely outclassed. "I've read stuff from both sides" does not constitute you knowing everything there is to know. You make claims about how Republicans cut $300 million from the security budget on Benghazi, I blew you out of the water with CBO reports and testimony from Charlene Lamb. I was aware enough to show you that in 2011 and 2012, State Department outlays were nearly doubled, increasing the OCO budget (the part that pays for embassies) as a result. When that happened, the namecalling commenced.

Spare me. My analytical skills greatly surpass that of yours, no matter how many times you attack my joblessness or my weight, because in the end, that's all you can do, old man. You're almost 30 years older than I am, and yet you act 20 years younger than I. Will you ever grow up?

Last edited:

^^^^ Right.

Sigh.

I guess I have to link to common knowledge when dealing with the "Science is a Communist Plot" crowd [citation needed].

Okay, here you go.

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com...fare-organization/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

From June 2010 until Dec. 2011, leading up to the presidential election season, Karl Rove’s Crossroads GPS spent $64.7 million, according to ProPublica. Of that money, a grand total of $1.4 million, or 2 percent, was spent on what Crossroads identified as “research.”

Yet in 2010 Crossroads applied for tax-exempt status as a 501(c)4 “social welfare organization” and specified on its application – which ProPublica obtained from the IRS – that 20 percent of its money would be spent on research, 50 percent on public education and 30 percent on “activities to influence legislation and policy making.”

In 2012, according to ProPublica, Crossroads GPS spent more than $70 million on ads and phone calls created to promote Republican candidates (like Mitt Romney). Then it spent another $50 million on ads attacking President Obama outside the FEC’s reporting window. Its twisted sister organization, American Crossroads, spent almost $105 million on ads during the 2012 campaign cycle.

Lol a blog from the New York times. Yeah, case in point. You don't do research. You seize on the closest liberal blog and tout it as fact. Man, what an idiot.

Cite the ProPublica article that blog cites and I'll possibly concede the argument. Otherwise stop wasting people's time. And for now, I will have nothing further to do with you. Good evening, old man.

Last edited:
Lol a blog from the New York times. Yeah, case in point. You don't do research. You seize on the closest liberal blog and tout it as fact. Man, what an idiot.

Cite the ProPublica article that blog cites and I'll possibly concede the argument. Otherwise stop wasting people's time.

Right, in your universe, the NYT isn't credible and Fox News is.

Got it.

So you aren't man enough to admit you got beat?

I do really appreciate you bumping my thread constantly and all, but you need to stop obsessing over my comments. The job stuff is old. You bragging about having one is even more childish. In fact it's probably nothing special in the grand scheme of life. So zip it.

And as far as your research capabilities go, I have you sorely outclassed. "I've read stuff from both sides" does not constitute you knowing everything there is to know. You make claims about how Republicans cut $300 million from the security budget on Benghazi, I blew you out of the water with CBO reports and testimony from Charlene Lamb. I was aware enough to show you that in 2011 and 2012, State Department outlays were nearly doubled, increasing the OCO budget (the part that pays for embassies) as a result. When that happened, the namecalling commenced.

Spare me. My analytical skills greatly surpass that of yours, no matter how many times you attack my joblessness or my weight, because in the end, that's all you can do, old man. You're almost 30 years older than I am, and yet you act 20 years younger than I. Will you ever grow up?

Guy, anyone who brags about his skills doesn't have any.

The Republicans did cut security, and mostly you just did a document dump instead of an article that states the fact clearly. This isn't good research skills. Good research skills are finding sources that make the point quickly and clearly.

Cite the ProPublica article that blog cites and I'll possibly concede the argument. Otherwise stop wasting people's time.

Right, in your universe, the NYT isn't credible and Fox News is.

Got it.

So you aren't man enough to admit you got beat?

Joe,
Go back to your link. Look right above the date, the title of the page is The Opinion Pages ~ That means it's the authors OPINION not fact filled. Any fact in that article should have link to the Facts just as you NEED to link us to your Facts to prove your point. You fail miserably....

Forum List

Back